Saskatchewan Health Authority logo
Saskatchewan Health Authority

Saskatchewan Health Authority Employee Reviews

Dealing with residents best part

Having adequate staffing levels would be a plus. Higher wages would also help considerably. Having a full staff every day would be great . Respect for all jobs and workers . Love the benefits and enjoy working with people . Appreciation for what we all do in these environments.

Amazing experience

my experience was really good, they are very professional with great management! Pay good, they paid overtime too, great hours!everything is perfect, I learn so many new things during this job!

Pros

gain experience

Cons

no cons

wouldn't recommend

Poor pay, constant contact with biohazards, nasty coworkers, useless management, stressful work conditions, very high workload. I would feel crippled after certain shifts. Would be ok if you could only work outpatients, but when you're constantly running to emerg (which is 1/4km away) it gets very hard on the feet and legs. I don't feel that the pay is worth the hazardous work conditions

Pros

union, vacation pay, pension

Cons

stressful, painful, toxic work environment

Productive and hard working easy to adapt in the work and love to learn any thing

Need more jobs and work for the people give them more chances. Increase salary and give good benifits esp this pandemic. Giving more safety education and ppe to the staff

Continuing care Assistant at Yorkton District Nursing Home

Have been working in this facility for more than five years. Love working in nursing homes, giving care for elderly people in all their needs. Will miss all wonderful staffs at yorkton district nursing home. This is the place where I learned to give more care to elderly peoples

Great Salary and Benefits

Reviewed and entered data related to all payroll and benefits related work. I learned to use a wide number of software programs, planning and organizing skills, and payroll and scheduling systems. I attained this position with no payroll experience and there was a lot to learn. Other staff were annoyed with all the questions I would ask to help me learn, but I know they were busy themselves. When asking for help from management I was made to feel like an idiot. As if to think, I had as much experience as they did. Other staff members felt the same way towards this manager / supervisor. Work culture was fast paced but most people were kind and cheerful. The hardest part of the job was how much there was to learn on your own. I enjoyed payroll and helping employees find mistakes in their pay.

Pros

Salary, benefits, solving issues

Cons

No management support, learning on your own

You feel secured when you work in Saskatchewan health authority

It’s easy to start working in food service especially if you have background in working fast food service.If you also enjoy taking care of your parents and grandparents this is a working environment that you will love seeing old people on their late ages. The Saskatchewan health authority also give right benefits for their employees like medical and insurance benefits.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Fast facing job, mostly physical

Competitive wages

Best part of the job: forming a connection with residents/clients.. Hardest part of the job: watching residents/clients pass without having family by their side.

Pros

Competitive wages, working in healthcare environment, helping people abs hopefully making a difference.

Cons

Long hours, short staffing at times

Team work is essential

I worked there for many years until we moved, the clients are awesome and treat you like family once they get to know you. There are good days and bad days, you just gotta have a good, kind caring heart to work there. It’s worth it, benefits are good as is the wage per hour. You need your own vehicle and get paid mileage per km which isn’t as high and fluctuates when the fuel prices go up or down. Like .40 cent a litre or less per km

Pros

Wages

Cons

Long hours, stressful at times, short staff and you got to take up the slack if there’s sick calls

Very satisfied

Saskatchewan health Authority was great job opportunity it was happy I’m one of the employee great salary, benefits and friendly environment that we help people

Jobs at Saskatchewan Health Authority

See more jobs

Fun place to work and productive

Really enjoyed working there, my co - workers and manager are the best they help me a lot of what I’ve become now. The only cons I can say is need more staff.

Pros

Good Benefits

Cons

Heavy on weekends, need more staff

Good office environment but can get very busy

I believe home care is about teamwork. Many of my co-workers are great but there are 1 or 2 out of 60 that you know you don't ask for help because they will say no. Everyone is generally quite wonderful and willing to answer questions or help when asked.

Pros

Good co-workers, union benefits, if part time employee you will often reach full time hours

Cons

no current bargaining agreement with the government and our union, can be a stressful work environment depending on staff levels, priorities of tasks etc

Excellent

Excellent work environment, i loved to work at Saskatchewan health authority. All staff members are very helping. There was no burden, work is appropriately divided in staff.

Pros

Excellent

Cons

Horrible pay, stressfull, and unsafe

Horrible pay, no raise in 4 years. Horrible work life balance... good luck having holidays and summer vacay with family unless you have 20+ yrs seniority. Youd think being in healthcare youd have good benefits but its not that great. Not all managers are suited for their roles, 2 out of the 4 managers i have had since being employed are the worst ive ever had in my entire working life. Care more about budget than staff safety, constant issues with not being paid properly. In my LTC site they seem to make their own rules rather than following provincial guidelines during a pandemic.. told to come sick instead of isolate, i guess thats what you can expect when you're so severely understaffed.

Pros

Sorry i got nothing... better than minimum wage

Cons

Pay, benefits, union, safety, managers

So much drama and backstabbing

Coworkers are too busy gossiping and complaining about each other and definitely are not supportive. There is so much pettiness and high school drama it makes it very difficult to actually enjoy your job. Management are too worried about the statistics and how do they appear that they really don’t care about you as an employee.

Pros

Being able to help the patients

Cons

The pettiness, backstabbing political BS

The hardest part of my job is under staffing with heavy patients and risk of injury

Iam a pleasant and motivated nurse with varied experience in healthcare. I enjoy caring for seniors and getting to know them and understand their needs. The work can be heavy at times as under staffing would be the cause and location of care home is not always suitable for others to get to work there. I learned team work and communication is key to proper patient care.

Fast Paced Health Profession

Typical Day includes admitting patients Learned a lot of medical information about the most obscure medical diseases. Hardest part of the job is watching everything being done for a patient and them still not making it. Even in a support staff role.

Fair enough.

Difficult job. Time management is a must. Team work is also very important. Especially in the morning, where residents wants to get up early. One must help each other.

Easy-going workplace

The workplace culture is great in that everybody is very helpful and supportive and will not hesitate to assist you in some tasks. Not only have I gained better general office-type skills, I have also gained stronger communication skills.

Great environment depending on the area you work in

Like all jobs has its good and bad and its ups and downs. Can be stressful and not all management are fit for their roles. Overall a decent place to work.

Good work place.

Good benefits and pension plan. I love my job. I also aspire to be accepted for RN program someday. I like that we're part of Union, though not a strong one, give you peace of mind that someone can help you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saskatchewan Health Authority. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement