Saskatchewan Health Authority

Environmental Specialist8 reviews
Canada8 reviews

authorityregionunionhealthhospitalnursestaffcare

Great temp job

I worked with the health authority as a part of the covid 19 support during the pandemic. The job itself was quite easy and rewarding. However there were instances of intimidation, bullying and disrespect from senior staff and no recourse as I was a temporary out of scope employee. I really enjoyed working with the public. However during the heatwave, the employer did not have provisions for employees to work outside which caused severe dehydration and staff to go home prematurely. It was an unsafe working environment and they could have done more to prevent it.

Great management

Really for their employees, secure job with many opportunities to build up. The pay is great with awesome benefits. They really care about their staff

Pros

Great pay

Insights into Saskatchewan Health Authority

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Fair pay for job
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Dealing with residents best part

Having adequate staffing levels would be a plus. Higher wages would also help considerably. Having a full staff every day would be great . Respect for all jobs and workers . Love the benefits and enjoy working with people . Appreciation for what we all do in these environments.

Very satisfied

Saskatchewan health Authority was great job opportunity it was happy I’m one of the employee great salary, benefits and friendly environment that we help people

Horrible pay, stressfull, and unsafe

Horrible pay, no raise in 4 years. Horrible work life balance... good luck having holidays and summer vacay with family unless you have 20+ yrs seniority. Youd think being in healthcare youd have good benefits but its not that great. Not all managers are suited for their roles, 2 out of the 4 managers i have had since being employed are the worst ive ever had in my entire working life. Care more about budget than staff safety, constant issues with not being paid properly. In my LTC site they seem to make their own rules rather than following provincial guidelines during a pandemic.. told to come sick instead of isolate, i guess thats what you can expect when you're so severely understaffed.

Pros

Sorry i got nothing... better than minimum wage

Cons

Pay, benefits, union, safety, managers

Productive work place

Saskatoon Health Region is a good place to work providing job security and plenty of room for advancement. With a gym in the work place it makes that much better especially in winter time

Pros

Low gym fee for a small gym area

Fun and Nice to work at

Staff were so nice and so fun to work with. I like working there because of the benefits and the managing department listens to their staff. Complete equipments to help the staff with. their job.

Repetitive, independent

typically worked weekday evenings and days on weekends. I would be assigned a different area of the hospital each day I worked. Management was respectful but helpless against unsupervised workers. the hardest part of the job was I faced a lot of scheduling conflicts. I could of avoided a lot of this had my managers informed me the first day on the job but was not even properly trained or introduced in the correct way. the most enjoyable part of the job was it was independent and i did not have anybody breathing down my neck and so i was relaxed and able to work comfortably. most days we were given a task list in which we were given a sufficient amount of time to complete.

Pros

casual

Cons

not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saskatchewan Health Authority. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement