Saskatchewan Health Authority

Care Assistant13 reviews
Canada13 reviews

authorityregionunionhealthhospitalnursestaffcare

Good work place.

Good benefits and pension plan. I love my job. I also aspire to be accepted for RN program someday. I like that we're part of Union, though not a strong one, give you peace of mind that someone can help you.

Taking care of seniors

I take care if seniors, they are very special to me. And I enjoy making sure they are ok. Everyday is a new day and everyday is different. I often think about getting higher education to get further.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Get called in lots

Insights into Saskatchewan Health Authority

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Fair pay for job
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Excellent

Excellent work environment, i loved to work at Saskatchewan health authority. All staff members are very helping. There was no burden, work is appropriately divided in staff.

Pros

Excellent

Fair enough.

Difficult job. Time management is a must. Team work is also very important. Especially in the morning, where residents wants to get up early. One must help each other.

Stressful and enjoyable

Stressful and over worked. I have learned that you can not do your job due to family members and management staff. Poor management lack of respect towards staff. No supervision of staff, staff on honour system. Variety of staff of different culture. Hardest part of job is not being able to allow resident to be independant and able to do job as it should be. Most enjoyable part of the job is being with Residents and able to help them get though the day with as little difficulty as possible.

Good review

Excellent management, reasonable millage pay good time to work load ratio allotted for an eight hour shift. Available vacation and sick time when needed

I love Saskatchewan health authority.

I wish to be back some day,because it has been my dream to work with health sector but I have to cut it short cos I have to go to school. I love working with Saskatchewan health authority and I love all the residents at bengough.

Don't Recommend it

Overly if you enjoy having drama and being underappreciated in your role in care then this is the job for you. Sure the pay is great and you will get lots of it because other workers will choose to be absent for no good reasons. As for time off you can book it and ask it but chances are you wont get the time off as everyone else is absent again. I was denied time off when my mother turned ill and died shortly after and I had to delay traveling to her as no one wanted to work the shift as I was not in the clicky group of workers. Don't recommend this place its not worth the money.

awosome

It is a lovely place to work, good union, excellent wage and a well organized organization. I worked with PA Home Care under the Saskatchewan Health Region and I enjoyed meeting new clients every day.

Overall Great Place to Work

I enjoyed the job itself, but however some employees make working difficult. The employer and managers are great to work with within the home care division. I did enjoy the home care aspect as you get to be out in the community helping individuals stay at home longer, and help to keep them safe in their own homes. Hardest part of this job for myself is the fact that clients do pass away and makes it difficult at times to continue on working the next day and not being able to see them anymore.

Pros

Independent work available

Cons

Variation of Hours

Jobs at Saskatchewan Health Authority

Care Assistant positions
See more jobs

If you enjoy working with people and providing care and customer service then this line of work is for you

Shift work, working with the elderly doing personal care, meal preparation and serving. Job is very physically demanding. Staff are good to work with. Working with the elderly is endearing as you get to catch a glimpse of the people they once were and where theyve come from.

I love my job.

I absolutely love working for this company. It's a great job with great people. I would tell people about the health region and tell them how amazing the job is.

productive, educational and very rewarding

Working for the Saskatoon health district or any of the jobs I ve had they have always been inspiring, challenging( in a good way), and continuos education. Taking care of people and teaching them how to live or go on with their daily challenges is the best kind of job there is. Very supportive management.

Pros

Enjoyable place to work. Team work place with great management support

Cons

Highly stressful job with sometimes insufficient staff volume

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saskatchewan Health Authority. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement