Saskatchewan Health Authority Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK26 February 2019
Best place to work in medical field Saskachewan Health Authority- Saskatoon Health Region.
Give good benefits to employee. Freedom to choose your chosen carreer and can work independently.
Productive work place
Environmental Services Worker (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK13 January 2019
Saskatoon Health Region is a good place to work providing job security and plenty of room for advancement.
With a gym in the work place it makes that much better especially in winter time
Pros
Low gym fee for a small gym area
High demand requiring professionalism
Call Centre Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK20 December 2018
Each day had a steady flow of incoming calls from residents to insure accurate and complete information prior to the issuance of the new five year Health Care Card
Pros
interesting
Cons
high demand all day
Intense workload while muti-tasking many benches on weekend and weekdays, very productive.
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Former Employee) –  Melfort, SK6 December 2018
It has been a great learning experience that I learnt from almost all benches. People are helpful but critical. Small lab and hospital but lots of interactions with patients, nurses, and doctors.
Productive Place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  North Battleford, SK6 December 2018
Great Job/ Life Balance
Great Benefits
Great Management
Safety First
Lots of room for improvement
Great Work Culture
Great team of people to work with
Fun and Nice to work at
Environmental Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK22 November 2018
Staff were so nice and so fun to work with. I like working there because of the benefits and the managing department listens to their staff. Complete equipments to help the staff with. their job.
No comment
Assessor Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK11 November 2018
I enjoy my job. Great colleagues. The health region is undergoing several changes with the goal of providing even better patient care. Recently all health regions in Sask have come together to form the Saskatchewan Heath Authority.
Excellant work environment
3rd Class Power Engineer (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK10 November 2018
Enjoyed the people I worked with there. Was a challenge to follow through with what I had to for each job, which I loved. Really going to miss working there
Pros
Very good wages
Cons
Difficult shifts
very rewarding work
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Kipling, SK7 November 2018
A typical day was doing most personal care for the clients. It taught me time-management and team working skills. We tried to keep the atmosphere calm and peaceful. The hardest part of the job was saying good-bye to the very special people we looked after. The Most enjoyable part was watching their eyes light up when they saw you.
Overall I would go back
Hospital Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK30 October 2018
I worked with a great team on my unit, it was a small unit we had a great team work thing going. I worked as a Unit Clerk, I learned how to be apart of a team
Pros
People were nice
Hypocritical, negative, lies
Nurse (LPN) (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK29 October 2018
Lot's of beautiful posters talking about how much care about staff but in my opinion it's punitive, regressive, top-down, unappreciative, unsafe, not evidenced-based, and overall toxic. One of the worst nursing environments I've worked in. To add insult to injury the extended care program started drop-down rotating rosters. Expected to work all lines: days, evenings, nights switching every three weeks. There is little respect for work-life balance or the other life commitments staff have: children, other businesses, etc. Working relief is hard for most since have to be available to be pre-booked every 72 hrs. To get approved for leaves, vacations, etc is challenging and often leads to conflict. Resistant to accommodate disabled staff. Promotes staff conflict by not dealing with issues at the lowest level and encouraging staff to write each other up. I do not feel they adhere to most of their Accreditation Standards. They have written policies but most managers do not follow them. The ones that try to be progressive usually leave. I went through 7 managers in about 10 yrs. The turnover is very high. They often do not replace staff even though workloads are high with normal staffing levels. Workplace injuries are high as is the amount of violence that management do not deal with and most often blame staff for their approach. The training is ineffective. Many staff complain about reprisal for reporting health and safety concerns. The Occupational Health Committee does not address most incidents. I could write a lot more. The only positive I can think of it's in the Wascana Park  more... grounds. But you will feel you need to get out there on your breaks....if you feel you can safely take one. Your union
executive representation is poor too which is one big reason this employer likely is so negative. they are not held accountable. Again, the above are all my subjective opinion and observations. Feel free to ask any other healthcare worker in direct patient care areas.
Pros
in the park.
Cons
too many to count. see review
Decent wages and lots of friendly people
Facilities Maintenance Operator (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK15 October 2018
A very friendly and fair place to work. people of all types are treated well and fairly. Parking can be tough, worse in the winter. union environment with 3 unions
Pros
benefitsand pension
Cons
tough getting permanent full time
wonderful place to learn and grow knowledge
Nurse RN, BN (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewwan, alberta10 October 2018
great work experience and knowledge base
great co workers
great place to gain knowledge about different areas of nursing, ie. ER, day surgery, ward, labour and delivery
Pros
gained a lot of knowledge
Cons
unable to do the shift work at that time
Overall Great Place to Work
CONTINUING CARE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Maple Creek, SK24 September 2018
I enjoyed the job itself, but however some employees make working difficult. The employer and managers are great to work with within the home care division. I did enjoy the home care aspect as you get to be out in the community helping individuals stay at home longer, and help to keep them safe in their own homes. Hardest part of this job for myself is the fact that clients do pass away and makes it difficult at times to continue on working the next day and not being able to see them anymore.
Pros
Independent work available
Cons
Variation of Hours
If you enjoy working with people and providing care and customer service then this line of work is for you
CONTINUING CARE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Swift Current, SK18 September 2018
Shift work, working with the elderly doing personal care, meal preparation and serving. Job is very physically demanding. Staff are good to work with. Working with the elderly is endearing as you get to catch a glimpse of the people they once were and where theyve come from.
Long term employee discarded
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK17 September 2018
Quick to terminate for unjust reasons. Difficult to communicate when dealing with a tough matter. Managers tend to be generally supportive of stuff and stuff are amazing.
Pros
Benefits, staff, wage
Cons
False sense of job security
A good place to work
Special Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK10 September 2018
Very Fast pace ,working with family ,working with a lot of different kinds of people Doctors, nurses, OT ,PT etc als needing to manger or time to get your work load none.
primary health clinic
Case Manager- Meadow Lake Primary Health Clinic (Current Employee) –  Meadow Lake, SK30 August 2018
team enviroment
broad range of nursing skills used
great hours
great management
flexible schedule
open to expanding services offered
Pros
team enviroment
Cons
too far from my family
Needs work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK22 August 2018
Needs help. There's needs to be significant change here, it is not client centered care. Not sure amalgamation helped or not yet. There needs to be more focus on employee happiness
Great co-workers
Home Care Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK21 August 2018
Understanding and helpful coworkers. Always available to assist in what needs to be done. Learn and work well together, and as a team. Everyone pitches in.