Saskatchewan Health Authority

Saskatchewan Health Authority Employee Reviews

Canada121 reviews
Great environment depending on the area you work in
Like all jobs has its good and bad and its ups and downs. Can be stressful and not all management are fit for their roles. Overall a decent place to work.
Good work place.
Good benefits and pension plan. I love my job. I also aspire to be accepted for RN program someday. I like that we're part of Union, though not a strong one, give you peace of mind that someone can help you.
Part of my job
It's a hard job doing housekeeping you should do a proper procedure and do safety for the residents and the other people.i learned how to do a proper cleanliness and safety for others.
Worst Human Resources management
I worked in HR for more than a year, this is by far the worst group I had. The managers do not respect diversity and inclusion and its just a lip service, which is frustrating because we are HR. One of the HR leader, the tall white guy, is the most arrogant person I've met and if you are a woman and visible minority, you'll feel his indifference the first time he mets you. HRBPs are often on contract, which is quite hard to build relationship with the clients.
Very stressful place to work
The managers here definitely pick favorites and treat others poorly.
If you are not one of the managers “pets” you certainly get treated unfairly. Very sad.
Relaxed
Friendly, informative, walk about and asked what felt I could bring to the position. Offered ideas for advancement, reviewed benefits. Reviewed expectations. Reviewed line of communication.
12 years. Many opportunities enjoyed.
I moved to Saskatchewan 12 years ago with my son and have held a number of positions. Enjoyed 4 years of term positions. Also full time positions and now in Palliatve Care. Very rewarding.
Enjoyable work place
I enjoy my work as well as my coworkers.
My job is challenging yet manageable.

I enjoy working with my clients.

I work with both inpatients and outpatients, providing exercise programs, walking programs, modalities , to acute and chronic conditions .
Helping others without expecting anything in return is a great feeling
A nice company to volunteer, they will welcome you as a family and they are grateful for your volunteer work, a happy work place. The feelings are indescribable after you finish your 3 hours of volunteering work.
Fast paced, stressful but meaningful work
Lots of opportunity at the Health Authority, work hard, make sure to de-stress and you will have no problems.

Leadership very supportive - have built in lean work standards so that staff feel informed, appreciated and know their roles.
Stable work place
A good place to work with opportunity for advancement. Good training and education opportunities. Retired after 25 years of service. My wife and my son are both employed with SHA.
Excellent organization - just needs some clearing up of dead wood mgmt - furthermore they need to allow staff to work to their full scopes of practice
Stressful and enjoyable
Stressful and over worked. I have learned that you can not do your job due to family members and management staff. Poor management lack of respect towards staff. No supervision of staff, staff on honour system. Variety of staff of different culture. Hardest part of job is not being able to allow resident to be independant and able to do job as it should be. Most enjoyable part of the job is being with Residents and able to help them get though the day with as little difficulty as possible.
Toxic, Leaderless, and a Tragedy
Your mental health will be at risk from the toxic management and the abuse they do nothing about from workplace bullies. There has been no IT director employed for years. It would already be bankrupt if it was a business. Cluster B makes the decisions around here. Malignant and Vulnerable Narcissists are in control.
steady work
Work environment is complex due to the different personalities you encounter. Every day is different and can be fast paste when the shift starts. Working short staffed isn't enjoyable.
Pros
Being part of a union helps
Cons
The pay is not great
Challenging
Excellent work place..
It is very challenging because you get to know the process and uses of some medical instruments.

Staff, supervisor and manager are very supportive.
was a relaxed place to work
All staff and managers were easy to communicate with and helpful. i liked the multidisciplinary approach. i liked the Independence of the job. i liked the professional courtesy of all staff and clients. i would recommend anyone to work for this company.
I loved my job for many yrs
I worked in healthcare as a CCA for 20 yrs my last job I was going through many personal issues and I wasn’t doing my job as well as I used to
My boss and the union were of no help to me at all

Every time I took time off and came back I was treated unfairly and harassed by my coworkers and my manager

Because of this I had to end my career

It really saddens me because my dream was to was to work in nursing That dream is gone because of this
Pros
Cons
Back stabbing coworkers and management
Yorkton Nursing Home
This is a great place to work I have been in this facility since 2015 and I love it. My co-workers and I get along great and we work together very well.
Excellent company to work with and for.
I have worked for the Sask Health Authority going on 19 years. I am currently at Sask hospital and I love everything about it. The only area which may lack a little is stafgimg bit please keep in kind it is brand new and required a large staff capacity. At times days off are hard to acquire but worth more time I believe this will be resolved.
Productive Workplace
A typical day at work includes dealing with patients of different variety. I learned a lot from this position. The management was great to work with.I loved it.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saskatchewan Health Authority. Our community is ready to answer.