Yes, if you get past the interview they will want a background and vulnerable sector check.
The time frame on the records check can vary if you go to the police station you can have it the next date however they can keep it forever long they want before they let you know an answer which is kind of an unfair move so be prepared and start early
Also please be aware that depending on your profession your licensing body may also request a vulnerable sector check and that could be more of a problem to get actually licensed by then in order to practice then through the Health Region. So if you had any kind of a problem deal with your license and body first because they take forever.
They will ask for a vulnerable sectors check but unfortunately with that comes a regular records check. So you going to have a clean vulnerable check and still have another record stated on your form. I don't think that a minor record indicates you are a horrible person who's going to give horrible care to patients it just means that sometimes people make mistakes and they learn from them and they move on and they should not be punished for them by their employer. they can basically ask you for a records check anytime they want however I myself self-disclose voluntarily to them and they terminated me shortly after. I don't think that's fair because people out there have had some trouble with the law and it does not dictate you as your worth of a person.. somewhat hypocritical for a health regen he and to just throw away great stuff that I work there for 10 or 20 years I think that shows a real lack of integrity. So buyer beware and be prepared to answer some questions but be careful in your answers. Because now after years of stability and getting older I'm facing the possibility of starting over and that is not fair considering all of the education that I have. so just in case you didn't know that pass it on to anyone who may be at risk and hopefully they can protect themselves because I was blindsided.
Yes...i provided it myself
Yes, they have checked my references as well as a criminal record and vulnerable sector check. Aprox. 1 or 2 weeks to complete the background check.
Yes. Vulnerable record check,
Criminal record check - Done through Police /RCMP
Education - about two weeks
- What questions did they ask during your interview at Saskatchewan Health Authority?5 people answered
- If you were in charge, what would you do to make Saskatchewan Health Authority a better place to wor…3 people answered
- What is the interview process like at Saskatchewan Health Authority?3 people answered
- How long does it take to get hired from start to finish at Saskatchewan Health Authority? What are t…3 people answered
- What is the vacation policy like at Saskatchewan Health Authority? How many vacation days do you get…2 people answered
- What would you suggest Saskatchewan Health Authority management do to prevent others from leaving?2 people answered
- How should you prepare for an interview at Saskatchewan Health Authority?2 people answered
- If I was terminated from the Health Region for unjust reasons am I able to reapply in a different ap…2 people answered
- What should you wear to an interview at Saskatchewan Health Authority?2 people answered
- What is the work environment and culture like at Saskatchewan Health Authority?2 people answered