Saskatchewan Abilities Council

Saskatchewan Abilities Council Employee Reviews

Canada6 reviews
The job is a challenge everyday because of my clients. But they were the ones who made it enjoyable.One of my co-workers was my best friend.The lack of staffing made the job very tiring at times. This made me manage my time and activities better.
Pros
Field Trips and community activities. Volunteer work.
Cons
Lack of staffing.
The management team of SaskAbilities has a extreme arrogance and ignorance. They were presented with serious / very serious health and safety issues and completely ignored them.
They were presented with serious issues of harassment and abuse in the workplace and completely ignored them.

One would think that a provincial organization would have some form of standards to withhold yet .. not SaskAbilities.
Pros
Monday to Friday work
Cons
Terrible management team
This was a temporary position to cover the maternity leave of the permanent Administrative Assistant. Unfortunately, there was no opportunity to advance or continue my career, after the the term ended. Management was very easy to work with, although it was primarily through telephone, email and occasional visits.
Pros
Able to interact with the public
Cons
term position that I knew would be ending
The environment was great to work in, fast paced, always something to do whether it be cleaning, making pizza, doing prep work, doing dishes, assisting customers etc.
Pros
fun boss, fast paced work environment
Cons
I enjoyed setting up the print shop, training clients and producing top quality work. Problem solving everyday, dealing with a variety of customers and relatively autonomous.
A typical day consisted of the day starting at 8:30 the clients and I continue on the job we were doing the previous day, at the first break we have coffee the managers and supervisors sit in the office while the clients have their own lunch room. After coffee we organize the safety meeting. In the meeting we review and discuss the previous days work. The supervisors mention what they think could be improved safety wise, the clients sit and listen. Management was great the manager had an open ear and was always willing to listen to what supervisors had to say. The co-workers were amazing always come to work with a smile on. The hardest part of the job was working in frigid temperatures. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning how to drive a forklift.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saskatchewan Abilities Council. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8