Saputo

Clear
3.9Pay & benefits

milkdairycheeseplantproductshiftproductionunion

Salary

Salary is way above market standards. Benefits are also good with pension plans. You can also buy stocks thru salary deduction. There's also a bonus when the company performed good.

Pros

Good benefits and bonuses

Cons

Stressful working condition. Tight production schedule

8 June 2022
We appreciate your taking the time to share your feedback with us. At Saputo, we pride ourselves on providing our team members with great compensation and benefits. Thanks again, and best of luck in your career!

Fun

It’s good and wages are fair. You’re unionized and have good health benefits. Work can be tedious and management can be a pain but coworkers are always nice.

25 April 2022
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We pride ourselves on providing our people with great compensation and benefits. We encourage you to get in touch with your leader or local HR representative to discuss how management can better support you to make your experience more positive.

Insights into Saputo

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Trust in colleagues

Overall Saputo is a Good place to work.

The Saputo family treats their workerswell with good pay and benefits. If Icould only make one suggestion toimprove the work culture in theAlberta division, it would be lessMicro management, trust your peopleto do the job they were hired to do.

Pros

Good wage, benefits, pension

Cons

micro management

8 April 2022
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us! We strive to be an employer of choice for top talent in the dairy industry, recognized for our values and commitment to our employees. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us make our company a better workplace for everyone.

Overall a great place

Have been for the most part a positive experience. As with many factories each have their own set of discouragements and frustrations. There are certainly some things that could be approved upon but I think they are heading back in the right direction.

Pros

Benefits and fair pay

Cons

Lack of communication

8 April 2022
Thank you for your review and for being part of the team! Making every employee experience enjoyable and fulfilling is what we strive for. We take good note of your comments regarding communication. We’d also like to take this opportunity to thank you for the contributions you bring to Saputo!

Good company, bad management.

Working here was alright while it lasted. The work was relaxed and easy minus the stress of knowing you may be let go at any time.I was let go at 910hrs when 1000hrs is needed to pass probation. They did not provide valid reason for termination. I would not recommend this employer.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Work culture

6 April 2022
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We appreciate your positive feedback on our compensation. It is also important to us that all employees have a clear sense of their responsibilities and the support they need to succeed. As such, we believe in taking the appropriate steps to communicate expectations and agree on ways to improve. If you have any further comments, please email us at Saputo@saputo.com.

Aggressive/ lazy work culture

The benefits package is easy to use. however; the employees themselves are overly lazy, with zero accountability. often forcing newer workers to do twice-triple the amount of work. long standing employees are allowed to yell and throw things at others without management stepping in. Even reported incidences will go unpunished, often blaming the victim themselves.the income is a good way to get on your feet but defiantly not an ideal work environment long term

Pros

Overtime always available

Cons

aggressive work environment

6 April 2022
We are sorry to hear about your experience. Our employees are by far our most important asset. We care about the health and well-being of our people and endeavour to provide the best possible work environment. We'd appreciate the opportunity to discuss further with you your experience. Don't hesitate to get in touch with us directly at saputo@saputo.com. Thank you, and best of luck in your career.

Results driven, with little support.

Pros:- none of the jobs are particularly hard, but they can be repetitive and physically taxing at times. - very good pay for the location/industry. Benefits could use some work, but again, not horrible.- workplace can be very cliquey. It’s who you know!- once you get into a permanent position, steady hours and possibility for OT on a regular basis.- overall, management is quite good. The floor supervisors try hard to develop a good rapport with most of the employees.Cons:- the state of the equipment needed to do the work (ride-on pallet jacks, reach truck forklifts, etc.) is ABHORRENT. Regular maintenance is performed, but cannot keep machinery in safe working order. - it’s a union shop, so the employees are typically blamed for any failings. There is a severe lack of follow up and/or support from management, in favour of finger pointing.- the overall state of the facility is pretty embarrassing. Getting the orders out the door is prioritized over general cleanliness, product protection, etc.- upper management is non-existent when it comes to issues on the floor, preferring to delegate to the floor supervisors. Lots of missed communications, or the ball getting dropped for issues considered minor.Overall, this is a good company to work for. Long term stability, good pay for honest work, (some) union protections. There are maddeningly frustrating issues that never seem to get addressed in a reasonable timeframe, but I suspect most large companies suffer from this. If you can put your head down and just work, this is an excellent job for you. If you prefer to -

28 March 2022
Firstly, we would like to thank you for your loyalty and sharing such detailed feedback with us. We're glad to have such passionate employees on our team. We appreciate that you've recognized the positives, such as our compensation and benefits. On the other hand, we are disappointed to hear some of the concerns you've raised and would like the opportunity to address these with you. We would like to listen to your suggestions and how we can better support you. Don't hesitate to contact your direct supervisor or local HR representative.

Most stressful job that I had and there was no appreciation by senior management.

Amazing colleagues to work with them . As a supervisor or manager, when you work hours and hours of overtime, in fact, your payment will be like other companies but on the paper it looks like that you get more salary than any any other companies but if you calculate you earn less! The high salary is not worth at all in comparison to stressful workplace that you will have. Zero job satisfaction!! Just great company by name and it is good for union employees who can be protected and management do not dare to treat them unfairly, I do not recommend for management positions at all.

28 March 2022
Thank you for writing a review, and we appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. We are disappointed to read your comments and would have liked the opportunity to address these concerns with you while you were still with us. It is important to us to make every employee's experience enjoyable and fulfilling, as our employees are our most important asset. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience further and invite you to write to us at saputo@saputo.com.

Moyen

Travail physique n’est pas facile. Salaire bon mais pas vraiment progressif

25 April 2022
Merci d'avoir pris le temps de partager votre avis. Nous nous efforçons d'être un employeur de choix et d'offrir des salaires et des avantages compétitifs dans notre secteur. Nous savons que chaque personne a sa propre vision de son évolution et nous soutenons le parcours qui a le plus de sens pour vous. N'hésitez pas à partager vos aspirations de carrière avec votre supérieur immédiat ou votre représentant des ressources humaines.

Productive and fast paced workplace

I enjoyed my time at Saputo for the majority of the time. The supervisors however like to pick favorites and it is a bit clicky. Other than that, great pay, great benefits and great code of ethics for the company in general. I recommend this job and try not to get yourself involved with the gossip. Focus on work and you’ll be fine.

21 March 2022
Thank you for sharing what you liked about working with us. At Saputo, we strive to provide our employees with the best possible work environment, and we have taken good note of your comments. We wish you the best of luck in your future career!

Productive and Fun

Great place to work, hard worker, good benefits, fast pace, good management, would worker there again, good pay, great group of workers, 12 hour shifts

Benefits

21 March 2022
Thank you for leaving us a 5-star review! We’re a community of people who are proud to grow together and make contributions that matter every day. We thank you for your contributions while working with us and wish you continued success.

Good Pay and little mandatory OT

The company provides and cleans uniforms. When you start the jobs are heavy and fast paced, you need to be in good physical shape to be successful. The pay and benefits are really good for the area.

9 March 2022
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience while working at Saputo. Thank you for sharing your review with the community and us. Good luck in your future endeavours!

Ive been working here for almost four years.this company are really good, people are nice, friendly and helping each other. Those new hire they will undergo training before they operate the machine. Salary is good too.

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Sometimes long day

9 March 2022
Thank you for sharing your insights with the community and with us! We are so appreciative to have talented and passionate employees like you who make a difference every day. We encourage you to share feedback with your leader or HR Representative on how we can continue to support you.

Great experience from day 1.

I enjoyed my time at Saputo.People, pay, benefits, employee store, discounts, free lunches. Management has always been great as well! Great, positive working environment.

1 March 2022
Thank you for your review and positive words about Saputo! We are humbled that you described your time with us as great. We rely on employees like you to make countless contributions that make a difference. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors!

Difficult to work for

The management forced overtime on employees and were willing to lie to me to hire me. There's a lot of conflict between the maintenance team and management.

Pros

Salary, 4 day weeks, scheduled time of for school.

Cons

No work life balance. Management creates a lot of drama and is irresponsible.

18 February 2022
We appreciate you taking the time to post a review, as it is important for us to hear what we are doing well and what we can improve. At Saputo, we strive to provide the best possible work environment for our employees, and we have noted your comments about the work-life balance. We wish you the best of luck in your future career!

Very boring and cold, very loud, I have horrible tinnitus from it. bring your own custom ear plugs.

Not overly enthusiastic about this company I moved on to other things. The Christmas party’s are nice. Employees are like family a bit gossipy at times but more humorous than anything. Lots of overtime. Overall it wasn’t a bad place just dull and cold/damp.

Pros

Lots of OT

Cons

20 years before you will get a weekend off. All Seniority based, only very few rotations with weekends off maybe 4.

18 February 2022
Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We take your comments very seriously and are concerned about the health issues you raised. At Saputo, keeping our employees safe and healthy is a priority. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this further with you. Please feel free to send us an email at saputo@saputo.com.

Very busy ,fast paced environment.

Lots of available work , including overtime. Work in 4 degree temperature, so if your ok with the cold, things should be fine. They supply jackets and hats for cold.

Pros

Lots of activities. Lots of work available.Full benefits including stock options.

Cons

Many inexperienced employees with no proper formal training.

11 February 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are pleased to hear that you were satisfied with our employee benefits. At Saputo, we are committed to offering wages and benefits competitive with industry standards. We thank you for your contributions while working with us and wish you continued success!

Productive, friendly, great culture

I have no complaints about this place. They were good ro me. Salary was income was competitive and rhey hace an employee shares program that everyone can be part of it. The only problem was the schedule which prevents from a good life balance

Pros

Employee product sale, free lunches once on a while friendly staff / co-workers

Cons

Schedule, long hours and nights shifts

27 January 2022
Thank you for your contribution to Saputo and for taking the time to share your feedback. Offering our employees attractive benefits is important to us. We believe that each employee should feel supported and recognized for their contributions. Wishing you all the best for the future!

HUGE disappointment!

Given that Saputo is a highly successful worldwide conglomerate, I came in with large expectations. However, quickly I realized what a surprise I'd be in for.- Very disorganized management team- Unclear goals- The higher you go, the more tone deaf they areClearly, the worst experience of my career!

Pros

- Good pay - Good benefits

Cons

- Poorly managed department - Way too many cooks in the kitchen - No work/life balance to speak of

20 January 2022
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have the well-being of our employees at heart and take your feedback seriously. We're sorry to hear that our management does not support you with the efficiency and clarity you expected. We'd appreciate the opportunity to discuss further with you. Don't hesitate to get in touch with us at saputo@saputo.com.

Unprofessional Environment

Poor management and unprofessional environment. Mandatory overtime with no advanced notice and required to work all stat holidays. Did seem to be clean and the product produced was safe.

Pros

Pay cheque

Cons

Unprofessional environment, must work all stat holidays and mandatory overtime.

20 January 2022
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are sorry to hear that your experience was not entirely positive. We appreciate your valuable feedback that will help us improve further.

pas d'embauche , aucune possibilité de progression

c est difficile de progresser au sein de cette entreprise , tes origines et tes relations avec les ressources humaines determine ta progression et pas ton rendement...il ya des gens qui ont travaillait plus deux ans sans être embauché , appart le salaire qui est correct . je conseille pas

24 December 2021
Merci d'avoir pris le temps de nous laisser vos commentaires. Il est important pour nous de rendre l'expérience de chaque employé agréable et satisfaisante, car nos employés sont de loin notre atout le plus important. Nous sommes déçus d'entendre parler de votre expérience de travail chez Saputo et nous aimerions discuter de vos préoccupations afin de nous améliorer. Pour nous faire part de vos commentaires, n'hésitez pas à nous contacter directement à saputo@saputo.com.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saputo. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement