Saputo

Saputo Pay & benefits reviews

Good job no union so they do what they want to employees. Good pay lots of ot. Unfair Treatment. Lots of favoritism. Night shift is too hard. To much work. .......................................................
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad management
20 April 2021
We appreciate that you took time out of your day to provide feedback. Fostering a work culture that is fair, inclusive and engaging is a priority for us, and we're sorry to hear that your experience did not match our standards. We thank you for your feedback as it helps us evaluate where improvements may be needed.
I worked for Saputo for a short time, and in that short time I learned a lot, and enjoyed the actual physical work of operating one of the production machines and operating a pallet truck. I got to meet a lot of awesome people and enjoyed being a part of the team and helping the team out. I was always excited to start the day and try to finish the orders as efficiently and effectively as possible. It was physically and mentally stimulating and I loved it. They seemed like they did try to accomodate some issues I had with chemicals irritating my skin too.Unfortunately my employment was cut short due to not being a "good fit" without any further elaboration. I was not aware that they were planning to do this or was notified there was still problems other than some issues that were brought to my attention much earlier in my employment and understood to be resolved. They had me train my replacement in the two weeks leading up to my termination. There was also some nit picking I had noticed by some supervisors where some employees could get away with certain actions where I could not. I had also disclosed on my application and to a specific supervisor I had a disability but they did not acknowledge this except for the one supervisor who tried accommodating me. No effort was given to try and put me into other more suitable duties that may better fit, but instead I felt like I was being treated like I was incompetent. It just felt like they wanted to push me out of the door before my probation was up.
Pros
Free milk, good pay, good benefits, enjoyable work, nice coworkers, unionized, some good supervisors, friendly HR
Cons
Poor communication by some supervisors and the plant manager, exposure to some chemicals that cause skin burns, machines prone to breaking down
one of the best companies but very terrible work place, if you are from East Asia then this is the right place for you since most officers and production employees are from Eastern Asia and you will be treated good
Pros
fair pay & benefits
Cons
favoritism / racism
20 April 2021
Thank you for sharing this feedback with us. We strive to provide our employees across the globe with equal opportunities and a sense of belonging, regardless of their background, experience or beliefs. We have zero-tolerance for any form of racism. We would appreciate the opportunity to further discuss with you. Please contact us directly at saputo@saputo.com to provide more information.
Very organized in their on board process, clear communication, good benefits and rewards, a lot of sports and social activities. Only problem: difficult to advance.
Pros
Activities for employers
Cons
Difficult to get a promotion
5 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience working with us. Regarding advancement, we know that everyone’s development journey can look a little different. So we strive to create a work experience that allows each team member to learn and grow in their own way. We're sorry if your experience did not reflect this and wish you all the best in the future.
Good place to work fair pay good benefits coworkers got along well training was good and kept up to date. If there is a saputo close buy I would recommend seeking employment with them to anybody
Pros
Always doing things for empoyees
24 December 2020
Thank you for leaving us such a lovely review. We're thrilled that you loved your experience working at Saputo. Thank you also for the comments about work-life balance. We care about employees' well-being and endeavour to provide the best possible conditions to achieve this healthy work-life balance. We'll strive to get better and we wish you all the best in the future.
The management has a different view of maintenance than I have ever witnessed before. The don't stock parts very well and they are not willing to listen to another point of view. Especially if it involves the management team to have to invest money. The moto for the shop is run to fail. Moral is low throughout the plant.
Pros
Free coffee and tea
Cons
Not flexible working hours. Always working holidays and weekends.
they aren’t hiring yet have a shortage in workers. Treat skilled workers as slaves and make them endure heavy labor hours with lack of appreciation.
Pros
Free milk, good salary
Cons
No work-life balance
Friendly staff, could offer more training to make employees more successful. Some favouritism when choosing staff for better positions at higher pay.
Pros
Friendly staff, large company and great benefits
Cons
Slightly lower pay, some favouritism
good working atmosphere, lots of people who share a common goal, good initiatives to work together in harmony, cooperation is vital in the workplace, safety of workers is top priority
Pros
good benefits
Cons
good luck getting promoted...All your hard work will be for naught as it is a popularity contest over there. Definitely not worth the drive from London. Many other great plants in the area.
Pros
Gustapo like management techniques
Cons
always short on paychecks
Easy work, decent pay, high turnover rate. Ok, in the short run , but not ideal for a ling term job as you will encounter some serious characters working here
If you do not like fast past environment, this company is not for you.But it is a good company to work for, good benefits, verry well paied, good working inviroment. If you are doing what you are hiered for, you will be OK, but if you try to get smart...... that is diferent story. I personally love working for the company. Have been employed for 16 years and every day I go to work with joy. with with joy
Pros
Advantage, stable company with product have been forever on the market and will be there forever
Cons
Disadvantage, cold 😀
Very family oriented and compassionate company. Too bad Trenton plant is closing. Wonderful people to work for and good benefits. Easy to access from 401.
Pros
Free cheese :)
Cons
Plant closure - Trenton
I enjoyed my time there. Good people, and flexible hours for some departments. Plant closing in September lead me to leave for greener pastures. Old facility.
Great company,nice job,well paid No stress, do your work, get your pay , go home Lots of pizza lunch, You get free pizza almost everyday 100 % benefits 2 barbecues every year Lots of work and overtime
-Management has a high turnover rate. -Small plant with good people. -Limited room for advancement if that's something you're looking for. -Pay and Benefits are good.
You get out of it what you put in. Very physical, steep learning curve, must be self motivated to succeed. Pay could be higher to reflect increases in volume of product handled but having lower volume days thus shorter, makes up for it.
Overall company is good and stable. Work culture really depend on team to team and on manager. Lots of travel and business facing work , lot to learn and advance your career. Manangment is not really great
Pros
Good stable company, average pay, good benefits
Cons
Managment, transparency
great place to work, lots of the people are rough around the edges but overall good helpful people. the pay is great lots of hours. management is helpful and slow tempered.
I really enjoyed the work, but found management to be lacking in basic person to person skills. Great pay, great benefits. No real rotation of shifts in certain departments. As for job security, if you want to do factory work you must go into it knowing your a number.
Very good company to work for!! Very professional very caring excellent benefits learned so much working at Saputo at the beginning it was a teal family everyone was very close then it change once we moved but still a great company to work for.