Saputo logo
Saputo

Saputo Employee Reviews for Warehouse Worker

Great place to work, lots of learning opportunities, friendly staff, clean workplace, lots of learning opportunities presented themselves when available

Great work, good pay, shady managerial practices

I worked for Saputo for a short time, and in that short time I learned a lot, and enjoyed the actual physical work of operating one of the production machines and operating a pallet truck. I got to meet a lot of awesome people and enjoyed being a part of the team and helping the team out. I was always excited to start the day and try to finish the orders as efficiently and effectively as possible. It was physically and mentally stimulating and I loved it. They seemed like they did try to accomodate some issues I had with chemicals irritating my skin too.Unfortunately my employment was cut short due to not being a "good fit" without any further elaboration. I was not aware that they were planning to do this or was notified there was still problems other than some issues that were brought to my attention much earlier in my employment and understood to be resolved. They had me train my replacement in the two weeks leading up to my termination. There was also some nit picking I had noticed by some supervisors where some employees could get away with certain actions where I could not. I had also disclosed on my application and to a specific supervisor I had a disability but they did not acknowledge this except for the one supervisor who tried accommodating me. No effort was given to try and put me into other more suitable duties that may better fit, but instead I felt like I was being treated like I was incompetent. It just felt like they wanted to push me out of the door before my probation was up.

Pros

Free milk, good pay, good benefits, enjoyable work, nice coworkers, unionized, some good supervisors, friendly HR

Cons

Poor communication by some supervisors and the plant manager, exposure to some chemicals that cause skin burns, machines prone to breaking down

Official response from Saputo

25 June 2021
Thank you for a thorough review of your experience working with us. We always appreciate the detailed feedback on both the positive and negative aspects as it helps us get better. We're sorry your experience with us did not live up to your expectations. Many factors come into play during the decision-making process, including work abilities and personal aspirations, and we evaluate every possible scenario before coming to this difficult conclusion. We thank you for your contribution to Saputo and wish you the best in your future endeavours.

stressful,no commucaition,no change for the good.

10.5,over worked and no support learned things don't get fixed or changed poor,no support and no change sticky around going home and getting finished

great place to work

great place to work, lots of the people are rough around the edges but overall good helpful people. the pay is great lots of hours. management is helpful and slow tempered.

Work culture has changed for the worse during the years

I have been working at Vaughan Distribution Centre for many years. What can I say? The workplace culture has changed drastically. The people on the floor are friendly and helpful. Yes, the benefits and salary are high when compared to other warehouses, but is the stress at work worth it? There is no workers' union (yet), and management will talk however they want with you and get away with it. Safety in the workplace is promoted officially but ignored in reality if it lowers productivity. Management is considered incompetent by the majority, they don't listen to their workers when they give advice on how to make the warehouse better. You're given a hard time if your work accuracy is not 100%, and if your productivity is lower than what they ask for (which is impossible to meet if the volume is low). Any issues you have are of no concern to them, if you don't work as fast as the fastest worker you are lazy. They have rules that they enforce only when beneficial to them. Overtime is plenty because they have trouble hiring people and keeping people in the workplace. Many people have left this year because of how horrible the workplace has gotten. If you like slaving away, come, otherwise stay away. (Yes, I've been here a while but am not ready to quit yet because of money issues, soon though)

Avoid appying is my opinion

Don't waste your time with tis company as they will ultimately waste yours. They care nothing for their employees. They will waste your time and money without a care In the world. Don't bother applying....there is a reason why they have walk in interviews. They will waste hours of your time interviewing costing you money and nothing will come of it. Take a pass on this company if you respect yourself.

0 star for how they treat employees

This place is going downhill quick and swiftly. Employees are treated like animals and not cared for in the slightest. The company as a whole deserves to be in the dumpster. Gross facility and hygiene practices. If customers seen the environment in the plant im sure they wouldnt buy milk again

Cons

no fun, shifts all over the place, no life

cold place with fast pace environment

A cold place with fast pace environment. I have learned there how to build orders with different types of milk, cheese, yogurt, pizza toppings and etc.

The warehous can be cold, because all the food product must be kept in a cool. So the managers provide the warm clothing for the workers

I enjoyed working for Saputo very much. It is a fun place to work for sure, because you get to drive pallets Jack. But at the same time you must think safety first.

Great pay but not a life long job for me

As an on-call general relief - 4 shifts per week 9.5 hours each and OT is double time. 0 hours guaranteed to start - The job is labor intensive but not unrealistic for a fit individual - Am and pm shifts Advice to management: - Train new hires more intently. Knowing what is expected of each new hire in terms of learning and advancement would help new guys greatly. I feel that was lacking. - Work on supervisor personal & communication skills. One new individual (supervisor) made a handful of ridiculously inappropriate comments towards me and other coworkers

Pros

Pay, great co-workers

Cons

2000 hour probation Poor training protocols for new hires, left guessing even after expressing questions

Jobs at Saputo

Warehouse Worker positions
See more jobs

Store Manager

Operate outlet store Place orders of merchandise for store Remove old stock/ stock new products Operate cash/debit/ prepare daily deposits Maintain store cleanliness and safety standards

Fun place and good pay

It's a great place to work, however due to shortage of work at times job security is a concern for newer employees. Co-workers were great to work with and management is excellent.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Job Security

warehouse support helper

put away products in designated areas ensuring the best before date is kept in the proper date order. help to load products in a balanced and safe manner. shrink wrap all the skids of products as required keep area clean from papers or liquid on floor from leaky milk bags etc. do a final cleanup and put away all empty pallets.

Pros

great atmosphere to work in

Cons

A times emergency loading at last minute, unloading at the end of your shift, . Then you would have to make sure the warehouse was shipshape, clean and everything put away.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saputo. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement