Saputo logo
Saputo

Saputo Employee Reviews for Laborer

Great job in terms of pay and benefits

A typical day here consisted of putting your head down and getting to it. Nothing complicated here: be on time, work hard, and help the team get things done.

Benefits

Very Stressful

1)Very strong politics. You have to learn how to kiss to get recognized, you have to fake yourself. 2)One person died due to covid and 20 are positve. 3)Most workers are related to each other, so expect un skilled people doing their job.

Pros

Bad management

Cons

Strong politics

Poor

You are a replaceable# subject to days, evenings, nights with little to no notice, suited for young strong single or the majority immigrant workers that just won the lottery at 19 an hour.

Very productive and busy place

I was there as summer relief hoping for full time, which didn't happen at the time. They were very kind there and gave many opportunities and I made good friends there.

Fast based production plant

Depending on area, it is typlical setup as well as production planning for the day. I learned many skills by being flexible and put in many different production areas. I was also able to acquire my pasteurization ticket for high temp short time pressure systems. Workplace culture is pretty much typical production facility, with many employees. Focus being production while being safe as well. The hardest part of job can be the shiftwork. The most enjoyable part of job is learning new tasks, as well as employee incentives.

Pros

Incentives and wage increase

Cons

Shiftwork

Well paid to be treated like animals

You start off as an on-call so it's not that great but whats worse is you can get called at midnight or 2am and they will ask you to somehow get there in 30 minutes. Most of the co-workers are easy to get along with but the mood around the lunch room is pretty gloomy. Senior co-workers can look intimidating but they are actually the nicest and will give you good advice. Some can be a bit harsher than others. Like most warehouse managements these days, it is run by some seriously power tripping people. Within the time i stayed, i've seen dozens of new hires get fired or yelled at for something they we're told to do by management. New hires are constantly worried if they're going to be the next ones to get booted. Graveyard shifts are the most enjoyable because it's very chill, can talk with your co-workers and get work done at the same time without managers giving you the stink eye. If you're a student or a young adult looking for any job then it's not a bad place to start, just be prepared to constantly be ready for a call to come to work at any given moment.

Pros

two breaks and a lunch. Four day work. Awesome Co-workers

Cons

Can end up working 8 straight days. Head Management has anger issues. Can be stressful.

Working at Saputo

Waking up a 4:30 am is a great way to start the day, all the milk you can drink, and a union atmosphere all add up to a great job, i really enjoyed my time there.

Pros

free milk

Cons

cold

labourer

long days, great family, awesome benefits, good wages. Room to grow within the company. Hardest part is working on cement for 12 hrs a day three days in a row. Love the challenges and changes every day.

Nice place to work. Employees great to work with and very helpful

Liked the job and the people who worked there. Job was repetitive and at a fast pace. Hardest part of job was cart building. I enjoyed working on the shredding machine.

Pros

Hands on job and got to taste the different cheese packaged there

its hard work but well worth it

it was a great life experience you meet so many hard working fun people from everywhere around the world. its a vary friendly work environment the best part of my day was getting there early so I could chit chat with the morning crew. the work was hard but worth it the hardest part of the day was when you had no one to talk to as you worked it made the day drag on but it only happened once in a while so it was okay. the supervisors were always around to check on everyone and they helped out if someone was struggling. so if you want my opinion on this job it was great

Pros

freindly co workers

Cons

vary loud hard to hear

Jobs at Saputo

Laborer positions
See more jobs

Fun workplace with great co-workers

Its a fun place to work at and the co-workers are easy to get along with

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

All night shifts

Fun and enjoyable workplace with great staff and respectable environment

a typical day at work with Saputo would be going in at 6:00am and start up the assembly line and machines and start labeling and packaging milk and boxes of cream and sending them through a taping machine. i learned how to start up and operate certain types of machinery and learned a lot of new skills. my co-workers were respectable and helped me a lot when i needed assistance with tasks that i didn't know how to perform on my own. the most enjoyable part of the job was working with a lot of great co-workers and being respected by my co-workers and managers for the good job i would do.

Pros

free chocolate milk and pizza once in a while

Cons

working in a refrigerated warehouse

Nice place but was closed.

Nice people worked there, the plant was closed before. I worked there for agency without benefits.

Pros

people very nice inall deparments

Cons

schedulle 24 hours sunday to sunday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saputo. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement