Saputo logo
Saputo

Saputo Employee Reviews in Vaughan, ON

Ok

Good job no union so they do what they want to employees. Good pay lots of ot. Unfair Treatment. Lots of favoritism. Night shift is too hard. To much work. .......................................................

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Bad management

Official response from Saputo

20 April 2021
We appreciate that you took time out of your day to provide feedback. Fostering a work culture that is fair, inclusive and engaging is a priority for us, and we're sorry to hear that your experience did not match our standards. We thank you for your feedback as it helps us evaluate where improvements may be needed.

Good company, easy job, well paid

Great company,nice job,well paid No stress, do your work, get your pay , go home Lots of pizza lunch, You get free pizza almost everyday 100 % benefits 2 barbecues every year Lots of work and overtime

Work culture has changed for the worse during the years

I have been working at Vaughan Distribution Centre for many years. What can I say? The workplace culture has changed drastically. The people on the floor are friendly and helpful. Yes, the benefits and salary are high when compared to other warehouses, but is the stress at work worth it? There is no workers' union (yet), and management will talk however they want with you and get away with it. Safety in the workplace is promoted officially but ignored in reality if it lowers productivity. Management is considered incompetent by the majority, they don't listen to their workers when they give advice on how to make the warehouse better. You're given a hard time if your work accuracy is not 100%, and if your productivity is lower than what they ask for (which is impossible to meet if the volume is low). Any issues you have are of no concern to them, if you don't work as fast as the fastest worker you are lazy. They have rules that they enforce only when beneficial to them. Overtime is plenty because they have trouble hiring people and keeping people in the workplace. Many people have left this year because of how horrible the workplace has gotten. If you like slaving away, come, otherwise stay away. (Yes, I've been here a while but am not ready to quit yet because of money issues, soon though)

Amazing company, management are always open for ideas

Saputo is very well structured company, but they are open for new ideas.The best place i worked with. Management care for their people-they treat you as a family. Lots of collaboration and great learning opportunities.

Pros

Management cares for their people

Cons

Location and growth

Fast paced work environment

A fast paced work environment, with early start times. The work involves packaging, building and loading skids and crates of product. Using the voice system to receive and collect order IDs and types and amounts of product per order.

Pros

Full-time benefits for part-time employees

Cons

Early start times

Dynamic and fast paced company with high risk and high reward

This company has grown incredibly over the last decade and as such brings both good and bad along with it. The foundation they preach sounds good but gets lost once it hits just above middle management and replaced with agendas and politics too often. If you are looking for growth, experience, great pay and benefits than this is the place for you. If you are looking for life/work balance, low stress, realistic workloads or long term employment to retirement please stay away. This company thrives on using its resources (people) for every last ounce and then spitting them out for their competitors to pick up and realize their true potential long term. Sad as this company was built on the backs of some of the best people in the industry....replaced with arrogant self serving management at higher levels who direct by fear of job security.

Pros

Top pay, good benefits, dynamic, great exposure and experience

Cons

Self serving management, culture and values not realized but promoted, negative morale

cold but good co-workers

Working at Saputo was great because of my co-workers and how helpful and supportive they were. It was very cold and unpleasant but management was understanding and co workers were like family.

Great company to work for

Worked at this company for a long time, I have nothing bad to say. Went on about my job on a daily basis and one day I was told that my services were no longer needed.

Pros

Great salary

Cons

Sales management all need to take a course on how to manage people.

Good people

The people at Saputo are generally very nice people - easy to work with. Generally very happy staff - most say hello when walking by, very polite. Days are enjoyable

No work/life balance

It is a great environment for benefits, stock options, and retirement savings. Not a positive environment for growth, not personally or professionally. Little training or procedural precedence was offered. Feedback was only offered if something was done negatively, no reviews of your strengths or weeknesses were offered to learn from. The rules were different for everyone.

Jobs at Saputo

in Vaughan, ON
See more jobs

productive workplace

a typicalday at work is usually cold,but not too cold unless your in the freezer,and your handling food product mostly dairy we just distribute at this location so never had to deal with raw material but its a good place to work ..

Pros

god money

Cons

not enough hours

Easygoing and Independant Enviornment

I was required to be in the refrigorator for many hours using different machinery and different methods of handling products. Gained much of my machinery expeirence in this job. Worked shift work some of which hours included: 10:30p.m.-7a.m.

productive place to work

Fun place to work most days. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. Pizza lunches for the whole company every 3 months.

great workplace overall

a typical day is fast paced. the rf functionality.the management is sometimes not very respectful.the people i work with are generally nice.the job is fairly basic and simple. i enjoy the hours of work and the duties.

Pros

free in house pizza made in the test kitchen quite often.

Cons

extremely cold warehouse

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saputo. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement