Saputo

Saputo Employee Reviews in Saskatoon, SK

Saskatoon, SK18 reviews

milkdairycheeseplantproductshiftproductionunion

Good company

A good place to work and friendly co-workers and management, they will train you and support you in the process of work. Salary and benefits are great.

19 July 2022
Thank you for your review! Our commitment is to continue to create a welcoming and supportive working environment for all employees. We are looking forward to seeing you grow with us.

A good place but be prepared to learn

The work is easy to understand and adapt to while the staff is always friendly. Work can be physically demanding so make sure to practice self-care. However, the company has high standards and it shows.

8 April 2022
Thank you for leaving us a 5-star review! We’re a community of people who are proud to grow together and make contributions that matter every day. We thank you for your contributions while working with us and wish you continued success.

Insights into Saputo

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Trust in colleagues

Productive and Fun

Great place to work, hard worker, good benefits, fast pace, good management, would worker there again, good pay, great group of workers, 12 hour shifts

Benefits

21 March 2022

Great work, good pay, shady managerial practices

I worked for Saputo for a short time, and in that short time I learned a lot, and enjoyed the actual physical work of operating one of the production machines and operating a pallet truck. I got to meet a lot of awesome people and enjoyed being a part of the team and helping the team out. I was always excited to start the day and try to finish the orders as efficiently and effectively as possible. It was physically and mentally stimulating and I loved it. They seemed like they did try to accomodate some issues I had with chemicals irritating my skin too.Unfortunately my employment was cut short due to not being a "good fit" without any further elaboration. I was not aware that they were planning to do this or was notified there was still problems other than some issues that were brought to my attention much earlier in my employment and understood to be resolved. They had me train my replacement in the two weeks leading up to my termination. There was also some nit picking I had noticed by some supervisors where some employees could get away with certain actions where I could not. I had also disclosed on my application and to a specific supervisor I had a disability but they did not acknowledge this except for the one supervisor who tried accommodating me. No effort was given to try and put me into other more suitable duties that may better fit, but instead I felt like I was being treated like I was incompetent. It just felt like they wanted to push me out of the door before my probation was up.

Pros

Free milk, good pay, good benefits, enjoyable work, nice coworkers, unionized, some good supervisors, friendly HR

Cons

Poor communication by some supervisors and the plant manager, exposure to some chemicals that cause skin burns, machines prone to breaking down

25 June 2021
Thank you for a thorough review of your experience working with us. We always appreciate the detailed feedback on both the positive and negative aspects as it helps us get better. We're sorry your experience with us did not live up to your expectations. Many factors come into play during the decision-making process, including work abilities and personal aspirations, and we evaluate every possible scenario before coming to this difficult conclusion. We thank you for your contribution to Saputo and wish you the best in your future endeavours.

Don’t even bother...

Started out working in cheese production before they built the new plant and up until then it was half decent with a fair pay and crew size. Went to s#!t immediately in new plant from going to producing 10 blocks an hour to 36 with same size crew being expected to take on 3x the workload for no extra pay and leaving machines half broken during production making us work even harder to point of exhaustion because management was too incompetent to order adequate replacement parts. Also 90% of managers here are mannerless hot-heads with god complexes. Politics played a huge role in me almost getting to keep a bid in a different department longer than 2 weeks because they “forgot” someone with same seniority got their bid in late. Horrible place to work if you like having time for your family or have any self respect.

Pros

Chocolate milks and sometimes Gatorade’s to help yourself too in fridge

Cons

Almost everything

15 March 2021
Thank you for sharing a review. We always aim to deliver an excellent working experience and working conditions. We appreciate that you took the time to bring this to our attention. We'll use the feedback to investigate further.

great place to work

great place to work, lots of the people are rough around the edges but overall good helpful people. the pay is great lots of hours. management is helpful and slow tempered.

Meh

If you are a new hire there you have no set schedule. Management will switch you schedule with no notice at any moment. I have been switched from days to night, with only having one day off in between which makes it really hard on the body. My schedule has been messed up twice. I was on nights and they scheduled me to work the vary next morning. If you have a family and to plan anything..dont plan on it

Very productive and busy place

I was there as summer relief hoping for full time, which didn't happen at the time. They were very kind there and gave many opportunities and I made good friends there.

best work place I was in

It was my first job in Canada and was doing it until i moved to USA. Well paid with one of the best benifit plan for the employees. Job security is comparatively better if you go more senior in the list. I still miss my job and still love what i did.

great management and enviorment

great fast pace atmosphere. Loved the supervisor and overall team. i've taught me to push myself, and how to balance work and life balance. i had a great time there.

Bad company to work with

Lot of politics and racial treatment by senior management. HR personnel are not professional. Never again will work for Saputo. Advice for Saputo management do not play with professional people career

The warehous can be cold, because all the food product must be kept in a cool. So the managers provide the warm clothing for the workers

I enjoyed working for Saputo very much. It is a fun place to work for sure, because you get to drive pallets Jack. But at the same time you must think safety first.

Great pay cheques, some good staff

It felt like my soul died every time I walked in for a 12 hour night shift. There were great employees and people I'll be friends with for life, but management was atrocious.

Pros

Pay, benefits

Cons

management sucks

Fun place and good pay

It's a great place to work, however due to shortage of work at times job security is a concern for newer employees. Co-workers were great to work with and management is excellent.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Job Security

Overall good

If you enjoy order picking work and warehouse environment then you will enjoy your time spent at Saputo. 3 30 minute breaks Co workers are nice

Pros

Good pay/union

Cons

Lay offs/shift change

as job regular

tig welding &mig manual lathe and milling machine operation as a machinist

Pros

ss tube welding

Cons

8 hours

Fun workplace with great co-workers

Its a fun place to work at and the co-workers are easy to get along with

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

All night shifts

exciting !!

Its very challenging,encouraging and fun. Learned a lot about Dairy and its products, people management. The hardest part of this job is working nights and fun part is multitasking and target orientated.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saputo. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement