Saputo logo
Saputo

Saputo Employee Reviews in Orangeville, ON

3.9Pay & benefits

Took time to self isolate, got fired.

I took a Covid test, came back negative, followed the governments 14 day self isolation protocol and when I asked when I could return to work I was told that they were “slowing down” for the winter season and that I had been let go. I thought after 4 months my job would be protected but I guess not. They’re still “hiring urgently” for my position till this day. Thank you Saputo for letting Canadians starve during this pandemic 👍 Supervisors also touch product/employees with their bare hands and eat cheese on the production floor.

Pros

Easy work

Cons

Don’t get sick or they’ll fire you.

Poor work culture decent pay

Easy work, decent pay, high turnover rate. Ok, in the short run , but not ideal for a ling term job as you will encounter some serious characters working here

A complete joke

I had a phone interview right when the COVID-19 pandemic started. The man that interviewed me made it sound like he was going to offer me a job. I ended up not hearing back yet they've been "urgently hiring" ever since but don't seem to think I'm good enough to work in their cheese factory. They even told me to withdraw my virtual reservation.

Pros

Cons

Waste of time and rude

Great company

A great company to work for. Competitive wages for the area, management team is understanding, open and appreciates quality employees. Vast majority of contract workers eventually get hired on full time. Potential to advance. Good coworkers and culture overall. The best factory job I've had.

High potential for permanent is false advertisement.

The statement of high potential for permanent becomes false in the interview stage. Management said they never know when a contract will be extended and it is a risk if looking for permanent. I was grateful for the honesty though.

Cons

Misleading job ad

Jobs at Saputo