Saputo
Happiness score is 59 out of 100

Saputo Employee Reviews in Edmonton, AB

Edmonton, AB22 reviews

milkdairycheeseplantproductshiftproductionunion

Overall Saputo is a Good place to work.

The Saputo family treats their workerswell with good pay and benefits. If Icould only make one suggestion toimprove the work culture in theAlberta division, it would be lessMicro management, trust your peopleto do the job they were hired to do.

Pros

Good wage, benefits, pension

Cons

micro management

8 April 2022
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us! We strive to be an employer of choice for top talent in the dairy industry, recognized for our values and commitment to our employees. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us make our company a better workplace for everyone.

Results driven, with little support.

Pros:- none of the jobs are particularly hard, but they can be repetitive and physically taxing at times. - very good pay for the location/industry. Benefits could use some work, but again, not horrible.- workplace can be very cliquey. It’s who you know!- once you get into a permanent position, steady hours and possibility for OT on a regular basis.- overall, management is quite good. The floor supervisors try hard to develop a good rapport with most of the employees.Cons:- the state of the equipment needed to do the work (ride-on pallet jacks, reach truck forklifts, etc.) is ABHORRENT. Regular maintenance is performed, but cannot keep machinery in safe working order. - it’s a union shop, so the employees are typically blamed for any failings. There is a severe lack of follow up and/or support from management, in favour of finger pointing.- the overall state of the facility is pretty embarrassing. Getting the orders out the door is prioritized over general cleanliness, product protection, etc.- upper management is non-existent when it comes to issues on the floor, preferring to delegate to the floor supervisors. Lots of missed communications, or the ball getting dropped for issues considered minor.Overall, this is a good company to work for. Long term stability, good pay for honest work, (some) union protections. There are maddeningly frustrating issues that never seem to get addressed in a reasonable timeframe, but I suspect most large companies suffer from this. If you can put your head down and just work, this is an excellent job for you. If you prefer to -

28 March 2022
Firstly, we would like to thank you for your loyalty and sharing such detailed feedback with us. We're glad to have such passionate employees on our team. We appreciate that you've recognized the positives, such as our compensation and benefits. On the other hand, we are disappointed to hear some of the concerns you've raised and would like the opportunity to address these with you. We would like to listen to your suggestions and how we can better support you. Don't hesitate to contact your direct supervisor or local HR representative.

Insights into Saputo

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Trust in colleagues

Interesting place to work

Most people we helpful and easy to get a long with. It was a great experience and if I did not have a family I would have stayed but the shift work was hard on my family life.

Pros

Inside work and the production floor very clean

Cons

Low pay for a shift work job

18 November 2021
Thank you for your feedback. We would love to learn more about your experience and use your valuable input to improve our practices. Our goal is to provide an inclusive, growth-oriented environment where everyone feels happy and empowered. Don't hesitate to get in touch with us directly at saputo@saputo.com

Family Oriented and fair

I worked for Saputo between 2005 and 2015 with one break in employment. The experience and support was instrumental to my current HR role. In the beginning it was a challenge with the lack of female leadership in Operations but we were targeting correcting this….and some old school make managers made comments I could have done without around females at work but those folks are long gone. I left my time there with nothing but wonderful things to say besides lagging a bit behind in pay for female managers versus males but this is six years ago and with time things evolve. This was a people and family centric environment that I miss to this day. As I still watch Saputo activity from afar I am pleased to see the shift to diversity and inclusion although I did feel the Edmonton site was very diverse and welcoming.

Pros

Family atmosphere, share program, entrepreneurial atmosphere, fair treatment of people

Cons

At the time, “ male egos” again this was long ago.

5 November 2021
Your positive feedback is truly appreciated! We are always striving to provide the best possible work environment—one that is safe, diverse, equitable, inclusive, and values-driven. We thank you for your contributions while working with us and wish you continued success.

Stay away if youre looking for permanent full time

As a releif worker, they will lay you off before you get your probation period completed. They will then call you back in after 2 weeks being laid off so your hours are reset. That way they dont have to give you a full time rate of pay and you wont receive benefits. 7 people here now going through this with them and they have been here off and on upwards over the last 5 years. And the union representing the employees allow this!!

Pros

Pay

Cons

It will take years to get full rate and benefits

15 October 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is important for us to hear what we are doing well and what we can improve. The environment you describe is not the one we strive for. Our goal is to promote an environment in which our employees feel valued - at all times. We are sorry if we did not meet your expectations and welcome any further feedback.

fast paced

good working atmosphere, lots of people who share a common goal, good initiatives to work together in harmony, cooperation is vital in the workplace, safety of workers is top priority

Pros

good benefits

fast paced and smelly

always smells like bad milk because of leaks and lots of physical labor but if you're smart about how you do this job you'll never go to the gym again.

Great Atmosphere

Many great things to say about my time at saputo from good pay, employees, salary etc. I definitely learned hardwork due to saputo being categorized as a labour job, I most enjoyed the staff that I shared my experiences with throughout the typical day.

Horrible management

Management lies to you constantly, especially HR. HR lies to you and ignores your calls and emails and screws you over if it benefits the company. Supervisors are mostly good though

Pros

Salary

Company Culture

Best Place to work , When they say Family run and be treated as Family , its True Here. You can get Promoted and advance your career as needed.Great Social Events that happen throughout the Year.

If you are a guy then you need not apply

they are striving for gender diversity, but are forgetting about all the other types of employment inequities. The dairy industry is in massive decline, and the company refuses to acknowledge other plant-based milks.

Pros

good people to work with

Cons

the Canadian division leadership is a mess and is hung up on disciplining everyone

Work is fun but management not concerned about employees

The pay and benefits were very good but management tends to go for favoritism and not effort and sacrifice. Union is always pro management as well as HR. They rather see you suffer and leave. The ones who doesn't do much effort will always be rewarded as they never made mistakes. Too much politics.

Pros

Benefits and pay

Cons

Too much politics and favoritism

Great job in terms of pay and benefits

A typical day here consisted of putting your head down and getting to it. Nothing complicated here: be on time, work hard, and help the team get things done.

Benefits

Quiet days in an individual office

Typical day a Saputo i would get a box of mail and sort through organizing them into routes and proper dates following up organizing them into proper cabinets. The management at this company is extremely organized and understanding plus accommodating. Everyone is the many is kind, understanding and gives you the help you need. The hardest part of the job is how busy it can get and trying to say in order and the most enjoyably part is the employees and how kind they are.

Pros

Potlucks and team bonding

Cons

Can often times be boring

cold place with fast pace environment

A cold place with fast pace environment. I have learned there how to build orders with different types of milk, cheese, yogurt, pizza toppings and etc.

Overoll good company

Big organization, always proud to work there. busy place. Nice learning opportunities. good benefits like rrsp and company share plans. new management.

I loved my job

I loved everyday that I worked for Saputo. The only down fall was when Head office closed our department and moved the work to Montreal as part of their ongoing strive for efficiency within the company

Pros

I loved what I did

Cons

fear of department moving to Montreal

results driven, fast paced environment focused on efficiency and time management

A typical day at work includes allocating manpower as needed based on the day's workload, coordinating logistic requirements with Dispatch, Shunt Driver(s), and Outside Carriers, providing customer satisfaction through on-time delivery, meeting 100% customer fill rate expectations, Auditing/Managing employee performance, delegating work to sanitation staff in compliance with food safety regulations, and maintain an injury-free workplace through leadership and enforcement of health & safety processes.

Pros

company functions (Christmas party, corporate challenge competition, annual company hockey tournament, department lunches), bonus incentives and education assistance program

Cons

limited opportunity for advancement

Top Dairy supplier in North America

Great work environment with a lot of friendly staff and outgoing management team willing to help and guide there employees to excel in there career in sales.

Pros

Great products to sell

Cons

There are none

Very serious people orientated to result and client satisfaction

Very serious people orientated to result and client satisfaction. It is not only company I wrked that is almost all companyes I was worked if you need more detailes just send the question to me , I have a lots of educations , knowllegs and skills and it can take too muuch time to describe everything

Pros

all was good

Cons

all was good

Take it for what it is

Lack of trust and leadership from managers. No cooperation with other departments. Office goosip and politics are poor

Pros

salary

Cons

lack of trust. Some managers lack of understanding the business. Not loyal to their employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saputo. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement