Saputo logo
Saputo

Saputo Employee Reviews in Burnaby, BC

Good Experience

I worked at saputo as a RDO, basically a owner operator. It's a great place to work for and it pays very well but there's lots of responsibility and stress. Definitely would reccomend

Great people except for upper management

It used to be a fun environment until a few years ago when a couple of new plant managers came in & totally destroyed the atmosphere. Neither one has ever worked in a dairy & are totally oblivious on how to run one. Saputo promotes family values, while that maybe true in Montreal it's definitely not in Burnaby. They intimidate, bully & push you so they can earn their bonus. Don't complain to HR because they're not going to assist. Never have I've seen morale so low & what was once a great place to work has now become a place of despair.

Avoid appying is my opinion

Don't waste your time with tis company as they will ultimately waste yours. They care nothing for their employees. They will waste your time and money without a care In the world. Don't bother applying....there is a reason why they have walk in interviews. They will waste hours of your time interviewing costing you money and nothing will come of it. Take a pass on this company if you respect yourself.

Challenging, stressful and relaxing

I would say that this place has given me more time to compensate for the probationary hour they say. As a rookie you would really think of how and when to complete your PROB as compared to other company which is around 3 mos. But otherwise, once 2000 hrs is done you would be glad that you have surpassed a long period and reap the benefits the company has in for the employees.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Long prob period

Its a job pays well

Keep your mouth shut go in do your day or night and go home. Keep away from mike. If you dont care about family or having a life and selling your life to the company for atleast a year then

fun but demanding place

not a bad place but still needs a lot of work management team needs to work as a unit and not so much about them selves. very hard to work with individuals who do not want to work with others

Extremely flexible hours, easy work.

The hours are the highlight of this job, as you can start ANYTIME from 3:00 to 5:30. Work was very easy, slow office environment, individual supervision.

Pros

Flexible Hours, Easy to Work

Cons

Depending on location, far.

great benefits

Overall a very satisfactory place to work. The four day work week is a definite benefit. The wage is almost unmatchable for the type of work and amount of education needed.

Pros

4 day work week, good benefits, great christmas party each year

Cons

inconsistent schedule in the beginning years

0 star for how they treat employees

This place is going downhill quick and swiftly. Employees are treated like animals and not cared for in the slightest. The company as a whole deserves to be in the dumpster. Gross facility and hygiene practices. If customers seen the environment in the plant im sure they wouldnt buy milk again

Cons

no fun, shifts all over the place, no life

Well paid to be treated like animals

You start off as an on-call so it's not that great but whats worse is you can get called at midnight or 2am and they will ask you to somehow get there in 30 minutes. Most of the co-workers are easy to get along with but the mood around the lunch room is pretty gloomy. Senior co-workers can look intimidating but they are actually the nicest and will give you good advice. Some can be a bit harsher than others. Like most warehouse managements these days, it is run by some seriously power tripping people. Within the time i stayed, i've seen dozens of new hires get fired or yelled at for something they we're told to do by management. New hires are constantly worried if they're going to be the next ones to get booted. Graveyard shifts are the most enjoyable because it's very chill, can talk with your co-workers and get work done at the same time without managers giving you the stink eye. If you're a student or a young adult looking for any job then it's not a bad place to start, just be prepared to constantly be ready for a call to come to work at any given moment.

Pros

two breaks and a lunch. Four day work. Awesome Co-workers

Cons

Can end up working 8 straight days. Head Management has anger issues. Can be stressful.

Jobs at Saputo

in Burnaby, BC
See more jobs

Good Job

I enjoyed working there but due to the economy they had to shut down our devision. Enjoyed the work environment and the coworkers were all very pleasant.

Pros

work life balance, management

Great pay but not a life long job for me

As an on-call general relief - 4 shifts per week 9.5 hours each and OT is double time. 0 hours guaranteed to start - The job is labor intensive but not unrealistic for a fit individual - Am and pm shifts Advice to management: - Train new hires more intently. Knowing what is expected of each new hire in terms of learning and advancement would help new guys greatly. I feel that was lacking. - Work on supervisor personal & communication skills. One new individual (supervisor) made a handful of ridiculously inappropriate comments towards me and other coworkers

Pros

Pay, great co-workers

Cons

2000 hour probation Poor training protocols for new hires, left guessing even after expressing questions

Negative atmosphere

Very poor leadership. Priority's kept changing. What was top priority one month was never brought up again. Manager set a poor example. Fast paced environment made the shift go buy quickly. Unionized staff mostly unhappy and not engaged.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Poor management

toxic work enviroment

Supervisor direction is not communicated. Unreachable mandates with little or no coaching. No team work to achieve goals between departments.

Pros

good wage

Cons

treated poorly

very good company

big company, nice people and good salary. but only 36 hours a week therefore, I am looking for more wok and extra income to cover my growing expenses.

Pros

Free coffee and tea

Stressfull environment

Not a fun place to work. You are a babysitter for machine operators when they don't feel like working. Company is short staffed in all departments.If you get to have all your breaks in a day, you had a good day.

Saputo

•a typical day at work •what you learned •management •your co-workers •the hardest part of the job •the most enjoyable part of the job

Pros

Na

Cons

Na

Saputo Dairy Products

A typical day at work would be checking my phone messages, having a short chat with my boss to see if he/she needed anything right off the bat and to talk to him/her about what their day involves.I proactively contact each of the reps thereafter to see if they need anything, I attend a few meetings and then get started on emails and phone calls from vendors or some of our Sales Associates. Before I leave for the day I write down things that need to be done and reminders to help keep myself organized. I also go through my email and file and organize my emails from the day.

Pros

Stable Company

Cons

N/a

The most fun place to work for

David Atkins was the production company for Winter Olympic 2010.I worked with the most talented and creative people and learned a great deal of professionalism and organizational behaviour.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saputo. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement