Saputo

Saputo Employee Reviews

Good job no union so they do what they want to employees. Good pay lots of ot. Unfair Treatment. Lots of favoritism. Night shift is too hard. To much work. .......................................................
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad management
one of the best companies but very terrible work place, if you are from East Asia then this is the right place for you since most officers and production employees are from Eastern Asia and you will be treated good
Pros
fair pay & benefits
Cons
favoritism / racism
Very organized in their on board process, clear communication, good benefits and rewards, a lot of sports and social activities. Only problem: difficult to advance.
Pros
Activities for employers
Cons
Difficult to get a promotion
5 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience working with us. Regarding advancement, we know that everyone’s development journey can look a little different. So we strive to create a work experience that allows each team member to learn and grow in their own way. We're sorry if your experience did not reflect this and wish you all the best in the future.
Je suis vraiment déçu la façon qu'on amboche les employés chez Saputo, il y a aucune logique et les informations informations circule de bouche à oreille, vous trouverez les arabes entre eux, les québécois entre eux, et ....
5 March 2021
Merci de nous avoir partagĂ© vos commentaires. Nous nous efforçons de crĂ©er un environnement de travail inclusif oĂč chacun se sent valorisĂ© et en sĂ©curitĂ©. Nous sommes dĂ©solĂ©s que votre expĂ©rience n'ait pas Ă©tĂ© Ă  la hauteur de nos efforts. Nous nous engageons Ă  continuer de mettre en Ɠuvre des pratiques qui visent Ă  amĂ©liorer le processus de communication et l'inclusion au sein de notre Ă©quipe.
Started out working in cheese production before they built the new plant and up until then it was half decent with a fair pay and crew size. Went to s#!t immediately in new plant from going to producing 10 blocks an hour to 36 with same size crew being expected to take on 3x the workload for no extra pay and leaving machines half broken during production making us work even harder to point of exhaustion because management was too incompetent to order adequate replacement parts. Also 90% of managers here are mannerless hot-heads with god complexes. Politics played a huge role in me almost getting to keep a bid in a different department longer than 2 weeks because they “forgot” someone with same seniority got their bid in late. Horrible place to work if you like having time for your family or have any self respect.
Pros
Chocolate milks and sometimes Gatorade’s to help yourself too in fridge
Cons
Almost everything
15 March 2021
Thank you for sharing a review. We always aim to deliver an excellent working experience and working conditions. We appreciate that you took the time to bring this to our attention. We'll use the feedback to investigate further.
One of the better companies that I have worked for. Very flexible with scheduling around life style and scheduling. Relaxed atmosphere with a busy day to make your time pass quickly. Overall a great experience.
7 January 2021
We are pleased to hear about your positive experience at Saputo. Thank you for taking the time to share it with us and the community.
Saputo inc. est une trùs bonne compagnie pour y travailler. Il y a une bonne ambiance et les personnes qui y travaillent sont soigneusement choisis... donc c’est une des nombreuses choses qui font la bonne ambiance d’y travailler dans la compagnie.
7 January 2021
Merci d'avoir partagé votre expérience avec nous et la communauté. Nous sommes trÚs fiers de compter parmi notre équipe des personnes passionnées et dévouées comme vous.
Good place to work fair pay good benefits coworkers got along well training was good and kept up to date. If there is a saputo close buy I would recommend seeking employment with them to anybody
Pros
Always doing things for empoyees
24 December 2020
Thank you for leaving us such a lovely review. We're thrilled that you loved your experience working at Saputo. Thank you also for the comments about work-life balance. We care about employees' well-being and endeavour to provide the best possible conditions to achieve this healthy work-life balance. We'll strive to get better and we wish you all the best in the future.
The management has a different view of maintenance than I have ever witnessed before. The don't stock parts very well and they are not willing to listen to another point of view. Especially if it involves the management team to have to invest money. The moto for the shop is run to fail. Moral is low throughout the plant.
Pros
Free coffee and tea
Cons
Not flexible working hours. Always working holidays and weekends.
I took a Covid test, came back negative, followed the governments 14 day self isolation protocol and when I asked when I could return to work I was told that they were “slowing down” for the winter season and that I had been let go. I thought after 4 months my job would be protected but I guess not. They’re still “hiring urgently” for my position till this day. Thank you Saputo for letting Canadians starve during this pandemic 👍 Supervisors also touch product/employees with their bare hands and eat cheese on the production floor.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Don’t get sick or they’ll fire you.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Saputo?
they aren’t hiring yet have a shortage in workers. Treat skilled workers as slaves and make them endure heavy labor hours with lack of appreciation.
Pros
Free milk, good salary
Cons
No work-life balance
Friendly staff, could offer more training to make employees more successful. Some favouritism when choosing staff for better positions at higher pay.
Pros
Friendly staff, large company and great benefits
Cons
Slightly lower pay, some favouritism
In my interview I was quizzed on a specific, and proprietary process, at another company I worked at - of course I was vague. The two engineers interviewing me then asked bizarre engineering questions that have nothing to do with anything related to my work. Asked nothing about me or my work experience. Draw your own conclusions. Hired me because I knew someone there I guess. No support on job, engineers missing in action and bizarrely arrogant for all their FUs. Have fun.
Pros
Fellow employees mostly ok
Cons
You are a number.
good working atmosphere, lots of people who share a common goal, good initiatives to work together in harmony, cooperation is vital in the workplace, safety of workers is top priority
Pros
good benefits
Cons
good luck getting promoted...All your hard work will be for naught as it is a popularity contest over there. Definitely not worth the drive from London. Many other great plants in the area.
Pros
Gustapo like management techniques
Cons
always short on paychecks
Easy work, decent pay, high turnover rate. Ok, in the short run , but not ideal for a ling term job as you will encounter some serious characters working here
I had a phone interview right when the COVID-19 pandemic started. The man that interviewed me made it sound like he was going to offer me a job. I ended up not hearing back yet they've been "urgently hiring" ever since but don't seem to think I'm good enough to work in their cheese factory. They even told me to withdraw my virtual reservation.
Pros
Cons
Waste of time and rude
They’re looking for workers big time. no one wanna work there cause it’s a village,It’s a small town. If you’re a immigrant watch out! The management’s good but the co-worker are racist. I work there for a year and some workers wasn’t even say hello to me!
Cons
Horrible schedule
Overall a terrible place to work. Pay for 40 hours - expected to work 60 hours and told its just part of being management. Amazing when a half wit that drove a forklift makes it to production manager - with little to no education other than drive a forklift - sad!
Pros
Cons
All that could possibly apply!
1)Very strong politics. You have to learn how to kiss to get recognized, you have to fake yourself. 2)One person died due to covid and 20 are positve. 3)Most workers are related to each other, so expect un skilled people doing their job.
Pros
Bad management
Cons
Strong politics
If you do not like fast past environment, this company is not for you.But it is a good company to work for, good benefits, verry well paied, good working inviroment. If you are doing what you are hiered for, you will be OK, but if you try to get smart...... that is diferent story. I personally love working for the company. Have been employed for 16 years and every day I go to work with joy. with with joy
Pros
Advantage, stable company with product have been forever on the market and will be there forever
Cons
Disadvantage, cold 😀
  1. Employee reviews