Saputo

Saputo Employee Reviews

Ok

Good job no union so they do what they want to employees. Good pay lots of ot. Unfair Treatment. Lots of favoritism. Night shift is too hard. To much work. .......................................................

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Bad management

20 April 2021
We appreciate that you took time out of your day to provide feedback. Fostering a work culture that is fair, inclusive and engaging is a priority for us, and we're sorry to hear that your experience did not match our standards. We thank you for your feedback as it helps us evaluate where improvements may be needed.

Horribly ran

Management is horrible. Care nothing of your personal life and change schedules weekly and sometimes daily. Will work you until you quit and only gets people from the temp agencies. So your working a $15-$20 job for minimum wage

Decent job straight out of high school. Would not recommend for peers coming out of college.

The lab tech position at Saputo is very straight forward in theory; however, with the plant being short staffed all the assigned duties can become sufficiently overwhelming. With this in mind, a very minor error gets amplified to a write up due to an overconfident supervisor who claims to be familiar with science when the reality is he can't explain what a titration curve is. The management wants to hire graduates with bachelors degrees in biology and chemistry, when they themselves lack the proper education that they desire from a candidate. There was one instance where the supervisor told a new employer that he knows more than me now, which is inappropriate and unprofessional. If you're admitted as a temp prepare to be treated like you're an outsider while also being overworked and paid very little compared to the rest of the employees. The QA Supervisor was known to blame the Temps for all of his shortcomings as well. The only good thing out of this position is that your coworkers can actually make the position enjoyable as well as being able to adapt to a fast pace environment often independently, which is a plus that many other companies in biotech industries look for. If you're lucky enough to get hired full time, the compensation is very good at the expense of saying goodbye to your weekends and not spending time with your family on holidays.

Pros

Awesome Coworkers, Overtime Opportunities

Cons

Short lunches, Working 6 days straight, Lack of Self Belonging, Incompetent Management

Good Pay, Horrible Work Schedules

Schedules and shifts constantly changing. Rotating supervisors who may or may not know what you do for a living. Culture is hostile at times. There is a constant revolving door of EQ operators as no one that works there wants this job.

Pros

Good Pay for the area

Cons

Poorly organized leadership

14 September 2021
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We're very sorry to hear you had a bad experience while working with us. At Saputo, we know that excellence is everywhere. We aim to provide employees with the tools and support to make contributions and develop in their own way. If you have any suggestions on improving things within the company, we would love to hear them.

No room for growth or raises

You won’t ever get a performance review, new hires make more than those already with the company, management doesn’t know what’s going on 3/4 of the time, no repercussions for working lazily, nobody cares about you.

Pros

Some of the people are alright

Cons

The list is to long

14 September 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. The environment you describe is not the one we strive for. Our goal is to promote an environment in which our employees feel valued - at all times. We are interested to hear your suggestions and how we can better support you. Please contact your direct supervisor or local HR representative.

Good compensation & benefits, bad working environment

Working here had been a rollercoaster. The company as a whole is great, benefits and compensation are above the area standard. But the salaried shift expectations are unrealistic. Supervisors working 12-16H a day, +5 days a week. Little/No training provided for new employees, hourly and salaried. Everyone is expected to accomplish goals since the beginning, but no mentoring from managers is provided. Some managers seem clueless and/or have no leadership skills, setting the team up for failure. Lots of gender bias in a male-prominent workplace. There's no recognition for good performance, but mistakes get taken out of proportion.

Pros

Good benefits, paid maternity/paternity leave & compensation

Cons

Hostile working environment, no training

14 September 2021
We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for mentioning the benefits of our company. We believe that taking care of each other is part of the job. This type of support makes our work together more enjoyable.We apologize for the experience detailed in your review. We'd be happy to hear more details about your feedback. Don't hesitate to contact your HR representative.

Great pay, Overtime

Management is all over the place, no communication between shifts. Most management is all about production. Not a family oriented business at all. In order to stay your expected to work, a lot. 6 days a week is very common. A lot of favoritism based treatment. The benefits are great and pay is decent. Co-workers are great, but the management only cares about their bonuses.

Pros

Benefits, Pay

Cons

Forced overtime, swing shift, terrible home/work balance.

14 September 2021
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have the well-being of our employees at heart and take your feedback seriously. We're sorry to hear that our management does not support you with the efficiency and clarity you expected. We'd appreciate the opportunity to discuss further with you. Don't hesitate to get in touch with your direct supervisor or local HR representative.

productive and learning experience

They give you the opportunity to grow with the company. Have rewarding food for employees and several benefits for employees and family members as well

Pros

overtime

Cons

dont get to spend much time with family

24 August 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write this thoughtful review! We appreciate hearing about your personal experience and that you enjoy the growth opportunities in our company. We also care about the work-life balance of our employees and encourage you to contact your local HR to support you in this.

good benefits poor management

This was one of the worst jobs i worked at. The stress through the roof and management harassed and threatened agents at every chance. The benefits were great but the stress too high and no support from managers.

Pros

great benefits

Cons

high stress

23 August 2021
Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. Your honesty is appreciated. We take comments like yours very seriously. We strive to create a culture of open communication where all employees are encouraged to speak to their managers or HR representatives to discuss any concerns. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this further with you. Please feel free to send us an email at saputo@saputo.com at your earliest convenience.

Best place I ever work

This company with the manager and employee give me the opportunity to grow up in less than six months,I really appreciate all the opportunity.thank you.

Pros

Free lunch, free ice cream, gift

Cons

Healthcare, retirements benefits, breaks

10 August 2021
Thank you for your review, and we are pleased that you enjoyed your experience with us. We strive to be an employer of choice for top talent in the dairy industry, recognized for our values and commitment to our employees. Thank you for being a part of it!

Jobs at Saputo

See more jobs

Good people

Good people, management either likes you or they dont. Supervisors are chill. Pay is decent. If you work the 8 hour shift schedules you work 7 days in a row before you get 2 days off.

19 August 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We're happy to hear that you enjoy the people you work with. We invite you to continue sharing feedback with your Manager or local HR representative as we always strive to create a positive work experience for all.

Horrible management/HR favors supervisors/Overworked/Poor working conditions

Unprofessional toxic place to work. Management team lacks skills to run a plant. Supervisors will verbally abuse you and rush you to the point where injuries happen but nothing is done. Refuse to fix any machine that breaks down therefore leaving you to work on an unsafe machine. Supervisors will not allow you to take your breaks if busy. Supervisors make the job an extremely toxic environment causing many people to take stress leaves. The pay is good but not worth your mental health and the stress that comes with it. Do not go to hr with complaints either, they work hand in hand with management team and will not resolve any issue which usually leads to you getting fired for speaking up.

Pros

401k, benefits, stocks

Cons

Supervisors lack experience, not allowed breaks/lunches at times when it’s busy, horrible management, hr will not help you, extremely overworked

30 July 2021
We're sorry to hear about your experience while working at Saputo. We value all of our current and former employee's feedback, so we appreciate you bringing this important matter to our attention. Keeping our employees safe and healthy is a priority for us, and the type of environment you describe is not one we aim to provide for our employees. We would really welcome the opportunity to speak to you further about your experience and invite you to email us at saputo@saputo.com. Again, thank you for your feedback.

Decent company

Fast paced environment, a lot of travel but plant management is solid with high expectations of their workforce. Very fair pay and opportunity for advancement for those who are putting in the efforts.

27 July 2021
We are so grateful for your kind words. Thanks for sharing your review with the Indeed community and with us.

It's Complicated

Offers great pay and benefits for the positions, but it can be very difficult and stressful at times and makes you question if it's worth it. There are days when everything runs fine and really enjoy what you do, but when things go south it's a whole different world.

Pros

Pay, Benefits, Advancement, Training

Cons

Home Life, Toxic Work Environment, Stressful

21 July 2021
Thank you for sharing your feedback, both positive and constructive. We appreciate and value your contribution as an employee. We are committed to creating the best possible work environment that is safe, diverse, inclusive, and value-driven for our employees. We are sorry to hear about your experience while working at Saputo and encourage you to discuss your concerns with your line supervisor or local HR representative so that they can provide support.

Terrible/ clueless MANAGMENT

The day is scattered and clueless, they never know what's going on. We have state and corporate here all day everyday to babysit our big management that have no idea what they're doing. You get zero credit for your efforts to help this awful place. Management is too busy trying to sweep things under the rug instead of doing their job.

9 July 2021
Hello! Thank you for writing a review, and we appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. We're sorry to hear you had a frustrating experience. We take employee reviews seriously, and hearing that you didn’t take anything positive away from your time with us is never what we want to hear. We've shared your review with our HR team. We'd like to understand further what didn't work well. Don't hesitate to contact us to provide more details.

Fast paced work environment

Any position seems easy to learn a lot of hours good pay for any job position. The company has good benefits keep in mind it’s a union job. Everyone is willing to help you learn.

Pros

Pay is good & benefits

Cons

A lot of hours

9 July 2021
Hello! Thank you for taking the time to write this review. At Saputo, we believe that taking care of our employees by providing good benefits and learning opportunities makes our work better and more enjoyable. We are delighted that you felt this level of support during your time with us. We take note of your comment regarding work hours and will work with our teams to find the best solutions. Thank you!

Busy work environment

A typical work day is to be prepared for a fast paced environment. Lots of task to be done most of the time not enough resource to complete the task for example lack of materials or lack of scheduled employees.At Saputo you learn about the dairy process. There are members of Management that are not great.They pick and chooses when its appropriate to go by the company values. In my opinion they don't value any employee. I say this because of the high turnover ratio.Lack of consistency, lack of true leadership comes from the fact that Managers can’t last in the work environment. There were different managers throughout the departments in my 1.5 years there.The workplace culture involves a lot of passive aggressiveness. The hardest part of the job was stating your issues to management.The most enjoyable part of the job was great hardworking employees.If you work night shift be prepared for different treatment than day shift. For example there is never any interaction from management with 3rd shift unless a costly problem has occurred.At Saputo they walk the fine line between what is appropriate and what is not and continuously waver back and forth. The people running the show their needs to take a serious look at what’s going on at that plant.

Pros

Christmas gifts

Cons

Extremely high turnover ratio

14 July 2021
Thank you for sharing your comments. All feedback is important to us, and we're very sorry to hear about your experience. This situation is far from the employer we aim to be and the values we stand for. It is essential that our employees feel supported, included and fulfilled in their work. We would like the opportunity to find out more about what happened. Please email us at saputo@saputo.com so that we can take timely and appropriate action to improve things.

Fun work

Work was good, information missing /maps not accurate, ppe supplied vague log book usage, general help was long time coming, every body fighting for positions like annoyed because johnny did more over time paid minimum 9 hrs per day was always race to get home some washing not completed generally very poor moral then when contract finish received phone call wanting one seasonal drive they already had the position filed for a driver returning from a coordinator position top much top heavy people just people

Pros

Cons

Fighting among staff

19 July 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We are sorry to hear about your experience working at Saputo. If you have any suggestions on improving things within the company, we would love to hear them. Thank you again for your feedback. It is much appreciated!

Don't be too good at your job, unless you like it.

I was good at my job and because I was, my transfer requests, I felt, were ignored because they didn't want to lose a competent person in that position. I had previous experience in the positions I was applying to transfer to, but didn't even get an interview. Instead they hired from outside the company, even though internal is suppose to get preference. I met all transfer requirements (time in current position, attendance, etc.) and this happened more than 3x for reference. They pay really good for the area, but I can see why people leave regardless of the pay.

Pros

Depends on the job.

Cons

Work life balance due to staffing. They're not too quick about getting new people in.

14 July 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. At Saputo, retaining key talent is a priority for us, and therefore internal promotion is all the more important for our business today. We're sorry that your experience was not in line with our ambitions but we would really like to find a common ground to help you grow within Saputo. Please feel free to speak to your line manager or local HR representative to find out how we can continue to support you.

Good pay, Horrible Enviroment

Only thing good about this place is the pay and few people that make it bearable. Management is an absolute joke. Being a scumbag is almost a requirement to get a promotion. Favoritism is horrible. If you're not in the "in crowd" you can expect to be the one doing all the work while everyone else stands around talking. There's more drama than a high school classroom. Almost no homelife. Employees have worked 22 hour shifts, been told to go home for 8 hours and come back and then work another 18 hours. If you have a monday-friday schedule you can still be forced to work on saturdays and wont find that out until Friday so its impossible to make any real plans.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Everything besides the pay

You will burn out

You will burn out easily. Management does not care their lab technician. The only good thing is salary/benefits. It is a fast pace and you learn a lot while you are train.

5 July 2021
Thank you for bringing this important matter to our attention. We take the subject of burnout very seriously. Taking care of each other and showing gratitude needs to be part of our daily actions, and we are sorry to hear that you did not feel this. We encourage our employees to talk about feelings of stress with their leaders or HR Representative to find the best solution. We wish you well and success in your future plans!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saputo. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement