Saputo Employee Reviews

I loved my job
PAYMENTS PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 September 2018
I loved everyday that I worked for Saputo. The only down fall was when Head office closed our department and moved the work to Montreal as part of their ongoing strive for efficiency within the company
Pros
I loved what I did
Cons
fear of department moving to Montreal
Bad company to work with
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK3 September 2018
Lot of politics and racial treatment by senior management. HR personnel are not professional. Never again will work for Saputo. Advice for Saputo management do not play with professional people career
Positif
ROUTE SETTLEMENT CLERK (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 August 2018
Good work place
Nice people
Good individual training
Great place to work.
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  OTTAWA ONTARIO16 August 2018
Enviroment was great to work in. Never a dull moment. Co workers were great to work with. Something different everyday to do. A typical day was 12 hours 3 times a week monday thru wednesday. Management had their days.
Pros
Cowworkers
Cons
The warehous can be cold, because all the food product must be kept in a cool. So the managers provide the warm clothing for the workers
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  saskatoon, SK, Canada6 August 2018
I enjoyed working for Saputo very much. It is a fun place to work for sure, because you get to drive pallets Jack. But at the same time you must think safety first.
environnement agréable
Préposée à la dégustation (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 August 2018
Comme préposée à la dégustation, une journée était remplie de beaux contacts avec les clients.
La démonstration de nouveaux produits est toujours apprécié par les clients.
Environnement joyeux!
Pros
Fromage gratuit
Cons
Toujours avoir une table de démonstration à apporter
Well paid to be treated like animals
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC29 July 2018
You start off as an on-call so it's not that great but whats worse is you can get called at midnight or 2am and they will ask you to somehow get there in 30 minutes. Most of the co-workers are easy to get along with but the mood around the lunch room is pretty gloomy.
Senior co-workers can look intimidating but they are actually the nicest and will give you good advice. Some can be a bit harsher than others. Like most warehouse managements these days, it is run by some seriously power tripping people. Within the time i stayed, i've seen dozens of new hires get fired or yelled at for something they we're told to do by management. New hires are constantly worried if they're going to be the next ones to get booted. Graveyard shifts are the most enjoyable because it's very chill, can talk with your co-workers and get work done at the same time without managers giving you the stink eye. If you're a student or a young adult looking for any job then it's not a bad place to start, just be prepared to constantly be ready for a call to come to work at any given moment.
Pros
two breaks and a lunch. Four day work. Awesome Co-workers
Cons
Can end up working 8 straight days. Head Management has anger issues. Can be stressful.
the management not perfect, working under pressure, good pay job.
QC technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 July 2018
some time's have a lot of activities, Christmas party- free dinner , children's Christmas party- free gift to children, golf play, etc.very fast pace work place , working under the pressure.
Pros
party, stock, benifite
Good Job
Delivery Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC7 July 2018
I enjoyed working there but due to the economy they had to shut down our devision. Enjoyed the work environment and the coworkers were all very pleasant.
Pros
work life balance, management
Productive and Nice cafétéria
Commis d'entrepôt (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 June 2018
It’s a good company but they don’t care about the experience job. They should be more open to people who starts their first job. They are a big company.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
They are no open to news employees

Want to know more about Saputo?

Ask a question
Environnement de travail
Préposée à la réception (Former Employee) –  Québec City, QC26 June 2018
La crémerie des Trois-Rivières n'existe plus aujourd'hui.
A good place to work overall
DC Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 June 2018
The day shift tended to get away with a lot when I was there. They did enough to get them by then left the rest for afternoon & night shifts. Lots of room to move up if your willing to learn the ropes though.
Pros
Good job security, free milk & long hours
Cons
Terrible monopoly of a company.
Maintenance Millwright (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS21 May 2018
Saputo bought out a local dairy plant with promises of expansion and growth. Just 2 years later they had closed the doors for good. A lot of hard working dedicated people lost their lively hood with them closing.
good paying fast paced environment
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 May 2018
Good paying job, Fast paced environment. I learned a lot about riding lift trucks such as forklifts and ride on jiggers. I learned a lot about machines and how to troubleshoot it.
Great employment.
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC2 May 2018
Very great job, enjoyed my time. Sadly it was only on contract and i was starting educational courses so had to part ways. Work culture and benefits were amazing.
Good environment. Everyone is treated like a family member.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON30 April 2018
A typical day of work would be me starting a 3:30 pm and then staying till 2:00 pm. I learned better team management skills and what a great culture based company Saputo really is. This job was not difficult and I loved coming to work every single day but had to leave because of school but as of now I can work full time.
Pros
Company, people, pay
Fast-paced working environment
PROCESS CONTROL TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, ON19 April 2018
Saputo is a very great place to work if you are willing to work in a fast-paced, but friendly environment. Management is very open, and easy to get along with.
Great pay but not a life long job for me
General Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC8 April 2018
As an on-call general relief

- 4 shifts per week 9.5 hours each and OT is double time. 0 hours guaranteed to start

- The job is labor intensive but not unrealistic for a fit individual

- Am and pm shifts

Advice to management:
- Train new hires more intently. Knowing what is expected of each new hire in terms of learning and advancement would help new guys greatly. I feel that was lacking.

- Work on supervisor personal & communication skills. One new individual (supervisor) made a handful of ridiculously inappropriate comments towards me and other coworkers
Pros
Pay, great co-workers
Cons
2000 hour probation Poor training protocols for new hires, left guessing even after expressing questions
Negative atmosphere
Warehouse supervisor (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC31 March 2018
Very poor leadership. Priority's kept changing. What was top priority one month was never brought up again. Manager set a poor example. Fast paced environment made the shift go buy quickly. Unionized staff mostly unhappy and not engaged.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor management
productive environment
Maintenance Electrician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 March 2018
The goal of the company is the satisfaction of the customer through high quality of production and safe products.
Ensure good communication and training are in place for the employees to ensure customer;s requirements are well understood and met

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saputo. Our community is ready to answer.