Saputo Employee Reviews

Decent Experience
Picker Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Vaunt30 December 2018
Very Physical job, heavy lifting, tedious and heavy workload, various temperature changes working in cooler and freezer environment

Management tries to impose lots of unfair rules on employees trying to push for numbers. Supervisors are nice but have a limited capability to aid their workers with scheduling issues.

Workplace culture overall is good plenty of hard-working friendly people.

The Wages are good and its a good place to get yourself together financially.
Pros
Free Lunches, Friendly environment with employees
Cons
Cold Temperatures, Schedule
best work place I was in
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon Canada19 December 2018
It was my first job in Canada and was doing it until i moved to USA.
Well paid with one of the best benifit plan for the employees. Job security is comparatively better if you go more senior in the list. I still miss my job and still love what i did.
Horrible place to work
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Boucherville, QC23 October 2018
People stabbing people in the back to get ahead in the compagny...racial compagny...dont care about personal family life...its all work work work...12 hour shifts...nothing familial about saputo...stay far away from working there
I loved my job
PAYMENTS PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 September 2018
I loved everyday that I worked for Saputo. The only down fall was when Head office closed our department and moved the work to Montreal as part of their ongoing strive for efficiency within the company
Pros
I loved what I did
Cons
fear of department moving to Montreal
nice place to work
Utility man (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 September 2018
nice work place, as long you can fulfill your duty no problem. I mean give and take, its a lot of rules specially in the floor sometimes too stress but they doing their job only to be safe for workers and for company.
Pros
always have pizza and BBq
Cons
working 13hrs really needed
Dynamic and fast paced company with high risk and high reward
Middle Management (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON4 December 2018
This company has grown incredibly over the last decade and as such brings both good and bad along with it. The foundation they preach sounds good but gets lost once it hits just above middle management and replaced with agendas and politics too often. If you are looking for growth, experience, great pay and benefits than this is the place for you. If you are looking for life/work balance, low stress, realistic workloads or long term employment to retirement please stay away. This company thrives on using its resources (people) for every last ounce and then spitting them out for their competitors to pick up and realize their true potential long term. Sad as this company was built on the backs of some of the best people in the industry....replaced with arrogant self serving management at higher levels who direct by fear of job security.
Pros
Top pay, good benefits, dynamic, great exposure and experience
Cons
Self serving management, culture and values not realized but promoted, negative morale
environnement agréable
Préposée à la dégustation (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 August 2018
Comme préposée à la dégustation, une journée était remplie de beaux contacts avec les clients.
La démonstration de nouveaux produits est toujours apprécié par les clients.
Environnement joyeux!
Pros
Fromage gratuit
Cons
Toujours avoir une table de démonstration à apporter
The warehous can be cold, because all the food product must be kept in a cool. So the managers provide the warm clothing for the workers
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  saskatoon, SK, Canada6 August 2018
I enjoyed working for Saputo very much. It is a fun place to work for sure, because you get to drive pallets Jack. But at the same time you must think safety first.
Tough work atmosphere
QC Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa , Canada29 September 2018
Long hours with regular overtime, busy and pressurizing environment. Good company benefits and experience working independently with little supervision.
Benefits
Cons
Shifts, sometimes night shifts
Great place to work.
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  OTTAWA ONTARIO16 August 2018
Enviroment was great to work in. Never a dull moment. Co workers were great to work with. Something different everyday to do. A typical day was 12 hours 3 times a week monday thru wednesday. Management had their days.
Pros
Cowworkers
Cons
Bad company to work with
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK3 September 2018
Lot of politics and racial treatment by senior management. HR personnel are not professional. Never again will work for Saputo. Advice for Saputo management do not play with professional people career
cold place with fast pace environment
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 November 2018
A cold place with fast pace environment. I have learned there how to build orders with different types of milk, cheese, yogurt, pizza toppings and etc.
the management not perfect, working under pressure, good pay job.
QC technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 July 2018
some time's have a lot of activities, Christmas party- free dinner , children's Christmas party- free gift to children, golf play, etc.very fast pace work place , working under the pressure.
Pros
party, stock, benifite
great management and enviorment
Warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK26 September 2018
great fast pace atmosphere. Loved the supervisor and overall team. i've taught me to push myself, and how to balance work and life balance. i had a great time there.
Overoll good company
Maintenance Electrician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 September 2018
Big organization, always proud to work there. busy place. Nice learning opportunities. good benefits like rrsp and company share plans. new management.
Fun
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 December 2018
Was a fun job I enjoyed working there had a lot. worked hard and met a lot of people and learned a lot of things in the time that I worked there. thank you
Productive, fast pace
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Tavistock, ON27 September 2018
Good people, good environment, always work, learned how to work machinary, learned how to make a box. Typical day at work was to punch in and go to the line
Good environment. Everyone is treated like a family member.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON30 April 2018
A typical day of work would be me starting a 3:30 pm and then staying till 2:00 pm. I learned better team management skills and what a great culture based company Saputo really is. This job was not difficult and I loved coming to work every single day but had to leave because of school but as of now I can work full time.
Pros
Company, people, pay
Great pay but not a life long job for me
General Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC8 April 2018
As an on-call general relief

- 4 shifts per week 9.5 hours each and OT is double time. 0 hours guaranteed to start

- The job is labor intensive but not unrealistic for a fit individual

- Am and pm shifts

Advice to management:
- Train new hires more intently. Knowing what is expected of each new hire in terms of learning and advancement would help new guys greatly. I feel that was lacking.

- Work on supervisor personal & communication skills. One new individual (supervisor) made a handful of ridiculously inappropriate comments towards me and other coworkers
Pros
Pay, great co-workers
Cons
2000 hour probation Poor training protocols for new hires, left guessing even after expressing questions
A good place to work overall
DC Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 June 2018
The day shift tended to get away with a lot when I was there. They did enough to get them by then left the rest for afternoon & night shifts. Lots of room to move up if your willing to learn the ropes though.
Pros
Good job security, free milk & long hours