SanRemo Bakery Inc.

SanRemo Bakery Inc. Employee Reviews

Hectic Work environment

Working in the bakery at Sanremo was a very hectic experience. Weekend shifts generally ranged from 8-11 hours with a 20-30 minute break. Working behind the counter with 8-10 other employees lead to a crammed workspace.

Worst job ever don’t waste your time!

Working at Sanremo was a nightmare. You’re thrown into the job without adequate training and are expected to be mastered in all their sections regardless of what section you were hired for. Management as well as other employees are extremely rude and love to belittle and yell at you in front of customers if you make a mistake.

Stressful Job Environment

It was a very stressful work environment. I was always scared I was going to get yelled at. I was a part-time worker and was constantly worried that the full-time workers and owners would get upset with me if I didn't know how to do something. What made it worse was I was scared to even ask a question because I did not want to be embarrassed. Working there as a student and this being one of my first jobs was extremely discouraging. I wish I had the knowledge that I do now to understand what a proper workplace is supposed to be and how they are supposed to treat you. It was clear that management had favourites, but it became an issue when the business threw an anniversary party and invited only half of their staff. What made it worse was that management did not even try to hide it, they were very obvious about who they wanted at their function and who they did not. Overall, I do not think they treated their part-time student employees with any respect.

Great first job to gain experience

I really enjoyed working at Sanremo Bakery for many years. It was my first part time job, located in my area and had great managers. The hours were pretty flexible and I was also able to make a lot of friends.

Its a fun workplace , but very fast past.

Everyone that works there treats you like family. The hardest part of the job is memorizing everything about the bakery and the name's of certain items. Would recommend working here.

The ownes are nice but never really there so you have to deal with the office manager and she not nice at all she makes you feel as if your invisible.

I personally don't like to talk bad about any company but this one was the worst one I worked at by far it's no wonder they keep hiring daily your job is not meant for you to last.

Fun work place

Team work Disorganized . No real manager unless a big problem happens. Kids with no leader. Some people more over worked then other. But great owners

Pros

Free lunch .

Cons

20 min lunch but paid .

Worst place to work at

Save yourself and don't even bother working here. Impolite management. Very rude co workers especially people working in the production area. No Job security. These people make false promises to their employees. Worst management ever seen. No wonder their employee turnover is so high

Pros

free lunches

Cons

everything else

Great work environment, everyone feels like family. Manageable schedules.

The work environment was great. At specific times of the year the bakery gets extremely busy and teamwork becomes extremely necessary. Overall good experience.

Cons

I worked part time during high school and it was the perfect job. Super hardworking family who supports all the employees 100%. Would tell anyone to work there

tense and negative

The manager is very unpolite and rude. And seems that she passed these for all employees. People don`t know how to dialogue. Even if you are in a learning process you can`t make any mistake, they treat you like a dump in front of the customers. I did not like my experience over there. The owners are very gentle and polite though, and they deserve better people working there. .

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

poor managment

good job

Working at sanremo was a good job the hours as a part time worker were good and flexible. In my opinion on of the best thing about the bakery was being able to receive discounts on food and beverages, also if at the end of the work day there was food left over the mangers would give it out to the workers for free,

okay workplace

hard to get shifts covered may work long hours on weekends good for highschool students for an afterschool job good for young students Not enough breaks

Fun place to work at

A typical day at work would be making sure customers are satisfied with their service,I provided food service to customers while also having been tasked to shelve items.The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing customers satisfied with my customer service.

High energy environment with family culture

Excellent part-time position for someone with excellent customer service skills and who is willing to learn.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SanRemo Bakery Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement