Sanmina Corporation

Sanmina Corporation Employee Reviews

Canada42 reviews
Collaborative atmosphere to complete a variety of jobs.
Understanding of in process work to see to completion in a period of time. Document any issues for trace-ability and correct through inspection and machine automation.
Pros
recognizing people in roles
Cons
Distance to travel to work was a little excessive.
Stressfull and degrading, especially mangement
The culture is one of totally dictatorship, breaks and lunch are controlled to the second. they have no real reviews or increase in salary. I would rather dig ditches than ever work there again. However, the employees that I did work with all seem to get along as a functioning group. Management needs a review, but since the top brass are too lazy to get off their butts to visit Canada from the US and find out how badly the employees are treated, then nothing will change.
Find a place that pays better
All I'll say is I don't think you're paid for what you are expected to do. Plus when I started working there,I saw most people leave cause of the pay and management. I however loved the people I worked with
Pros
Good people on team
Cons
Not decent wage/management
Very good place to work because you will learn alot
I really enjoyed my time at Sanmina and I a lot of industry experience. Also, I was involved in projects which were somewhat challenging but I got to learn a lot. Lastly, I would recommend Sanmina to any young graduate looking to gain industry experience.
Nice co-workers , everybody is easy to get along and work with
A good place for newcomer and new worker to start , but career advancement is rarely happened and management is poor .

The company management hardly recognized its employee's contribution and personal achievement . The pay is low and people is experiencing low morale . Most workers stay simply to make ends meet .
Busy work place but enjoyed working under pressure with happy colleagues.
We had Summer BBQ and Christmas Lunch. Every month 5S meeting award ceremony and winner will get free Lunch. Sometime there was lot of pressure to finish the due dates units. I made sure everything is done on time ...
Pros
Christmas Lunch and Summer BBQ every year
Cons
Sometime work 12 hrs but overtime paid.
Productive Work Environment with a focus on Quality above all else
A typical day of work consists of an inventory count to start the day/shift followed quickly by a productive and attention demanding shift. They pride themselves on the quality of their product and make a note to hold up high standards in the product that is shipped globally.
Pros
in-house caf
Cons
very little difference in pay between positions
Productive work environment
Some days are repetitive others are interestingly challenging. It's rewarding when troubleshot the problem. Work with interesting test equipment and products.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Sanmina Corporation?
Poorly managed with little regard to employees
The company does it's hiring through staffing agencies and, the chances you'll be hired permanently are very slim. Many of the people I worked with were never hired and had worked through the staffing agency for, in some cases, a year or more. However, should you be hired into the company the pay increase isn't very much and, you still won't have benefits as the company only allows you to work 37.5 hours a week (under 40 hours, no benefits.)

As stated, you're allowed 37.5 hours a week which makes you a part time employee, but, you're expected to work on weekends and even though you're working well over 40 hours on top of losing your time off, you're still only a part time employee.

Management rarely understand the product they're manufacturing on the floor but will consistently tell you or suggest that you're doing it wrong. The floor manager is the same fellow you see in those movies from the 1950's that stares you down as you work (I kid you not.)

It's a toxic work environment.
Cons
No benefits, part time, weekend overtime expected of employees, poor management
Work Demanding fast pace, work under presure
Fast pace, clean room environment, skill development place .
Sanmina is the place where one can learn and make strong career foundation. Very advance technology.
Pros
skill improvment chances
Cons
very demanding
You only work here if you are desperate
The supervisors are great but thats about it. There are engineers working here without a degree, everyone is getting paid almost nothing, and all the money they save from labour goes directly top tier people. And there is no job security.
Pros
Good Supervisors
Cons
Bad pay
Good place to start a new expreriances
Everything in this company is perfect, except for the salary is a bit low.
However, it is a great place to start with the available skills with no exp required.
Very unhealthy work culture
I never had a good work day where i came to work happy and left happy, team leaders and management are very uncooperative with the needs of the employee, always hires outsource so they dont pay anything when they release an employee with or without cause.
Pros
Cons
Long hours and mentally unstable management
Good experience
Working in a line in manufacturing company is a tough job because stand by position.But there is a good part that they provided breaks as the ministry approved.
Pros
Full time
Cons
Company closed
normal working environment
Normal working environment, equal hiring opportunity
Adherence to company policies

Compliance to safety regulations

Health and safety taken seriously

Attendance important
Place OK
Management ok, employees are not so friendly, need to Improve health & safety. Has to be full forty hours work time. I did learn new things but need secure & safe job to be created.
Excellent Management Skills
Very High drive company which have most amazing goals.
Each employee is drive and make of company. Everyone is treated like they have say in company
Pros
Supporting each other
Cons
Na
good place
Good place to work. enjoyable every day. Good supervisor, organize working, try to help everyone, make people happy and have fun. But Parking to small and too tie.
Pros
good working hour
Cons
parking too tie
People are great
The people are great, however with the way management runs things it isn't the greatest of places to work. Did enjoy my overall time here but again it was mainly due to those I immediately worked with.
Pros
Experience
Cons
No chance of advancement, crosstraining, or changing of work schedules (from nights to days, etc)
good learning environment with flexible working hours
mostly this company is related to automation work
I learn how to work in team and process management (8 D process)

modification in design was most enjoyable part of my job
Productive and casual
Close net of people who achieved a high degree of output with discipline and quality in Ottawa.
My title as supervisor and really enjoyed people and work.