SanMar Canada

SanMar Canada Employee Reviews for Order Picker

Order Picker9 reviews
Canada9 reviews
constant changes in the company made this company exist outside a proper reviewing window. Though I liked working there it was a job more suitable for a young driven employee.
It was so exciting to working with the Sanmar Canada team. Everybody is so friendly and understanding, which keeps the employees even more self-motivated. Management is doing really well, i’ve never had such a good experience. Thank you for having me!!
Management sucks. They expect u to be at work everyday. Not get sick at all and everyday is the same thing. the orders stop come in at the exact same time. SMH! They ask u if u want to leave work early when all the work is finish before home time but then complain about your attendance. 🙄
Discrimination from Management.
Wrongful dismissal on workers because of improper decisions by Management.

Some sections of the Warehouse is not suitable for people to work in reason: Extremely hot without proper exhaust systems.
Management talks down to you not to you. Targets are a joke unrealistic. Your just a number there this company doesnt care about you or that you have a family to provide for. Insane the heat in the summer poorly ventalation.
The pay is trash and "bi monthly" as well so if you enjoy getting payed on a Wed for example then its perfect for you. The company brags about its benifits but I personally seen people get the "boot" after requesting them. Go else where even if its less money avoid this place because for me it was a waste of 7 months.
Pros
Cons
Eveything
Working for San Mar is one of the worst jobs to have. Wasn't given benefits after hire. I was there 7 months before I quit and still had not received my benefits. The 2nd level of the Mississauga plant was 97 degrees fahrenheit with hardly any ventilation. The system they work under is flawed. It can work against the pickers in the plant. No company loyalty. Expect 110% all of the time with little to no mistakes. They try to run like Amazon. They don't have the equipment that Amazon does. Turnover is high.
Pros
Didn't have many
Cons
working in high heat with little ventilation, no loyalty, hold out on benifits
Management is very biased.If you are a very good worker, then the supervisor will only check if you are doing the work but not the other co workers who are not doing anything.
Fun work place with supportive ( co-workers ).
I learn all my warehouse knowledge from here such as forklifts and RF guns all the way down to wrapping skids.

Management always changed so it got annoying after while and confusing. Anytime I tried to take a vacation day I would get denied if it wasn't a month or longer notice. Also when you change from a position to a higher position they won't raise you less you bug them or i have even seen nice employees to scared to ask and don't get raised.

co-workers they have a great group of employees that would make you feel like family. Working with the team would be the most enjoyable part.
the co-workers are amazing; they are very friendly and always happy to talk to you. they are very polite and always ask you how you day is going. the job it self is typical labour work. you do order picking and left heavy boxes. you have a target that you have to accomplish every day. the hardest part of the job is when it is really busy. the place itself is very small therefore when it gets busy there isn't much space for boxes to be packed. the most enjoyable part about the job is that they are very flexible with hours.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
long hours, small warehouse
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at SanMar Canada?