SanMar Canada

SanMar Canada Employee Reviews

Canada28 reviews
Supportive team and management
The managers, from highest to lowest position, genuinely care about the workers and do their best to ensure your needs as an employee are met. Also, they are extremely supportive of LGBTQ+ employees.
lots of opportunity for growth
I started in shipping and worked my way up to through the ranks. I was encouraged to excel in each job I held. I was able to complete courses for which the company paid for. They have been very generous to all their employee's; product launches, pizza days, holiday parties, prizes and bonuses. They are a very social bunch, with after work and fund raising events. I find that I am validated and encouraged to work to my best potential.
Great Experience!!!
It was so exciting to working with the Sanmar Canada team. Everybody is so friendly and understanding, which keeps the employees even more self-motivated. Management is doing really well, i’ve never had such a good experience. Thank you for having me!!
Excellent work experience
My overall experience at SanMar was great. All people are very nice and supportive. Management is also very helping. They pay good as well. Team lead is always ready to help you any time.
No Reason To Lie SANMAR IS A Terrible Place To Work
VERY high Turn Over Rate, New people constantly coming and Going

Very Low Pay with High work Expectations and HEAVY Work, Unrealistic goals

SanMar is a company strictly for profit,SanMar can clearly afford to pay

their employees better but choose not too

No Motivation,No Appreciation, No Incentives or room to grow

Good Employees

Managers are decent
Great place to work but...
Management sucks. They expect u to be at work everyday. Not get sick at all and everyday is the same thing. the orders stop come in at the exact same time. SMH! They ask u if u want to leave work early when all the work is finish before home time but then complain about your attendance. 🙄
Supportive Management/Plenty of Growth & Opportunity
SanMar Canada is a wonderful company to work for. Senior management is supportive and always there to create opportunities and growth within. They host a ton of different company sponsored events such as BBQ's, potlucks etc. truly making it feel like one big family. This is the first and only company I've worked for where I feel valued and love going into work each day!
Working environment
Discrimination from Management.
Wrongful dismissal on workers because of improper decisions by Management.

Some sections of the Warehouse is not suitable for people to work in reason: Extremely hot without proper exhaust systems.
Overall good place to work
If you're looking for a fun environment to be in, you should work here. Many of the sales staff are very personal. Pay could be better, but depending on if you hit your accuracy target for the 3 months, you get a decent bonus by the end of the quarter.
Pros
Bonus every quarter/fun & nice work environment
Cons
Hourly pay is a little low
Sanmar Canada is overall a good Job. The pay is not the best. A lot of work required for a very minimum salary is not rewarding.
Their is somewhat room for you to grow.
Pros
set hours
Cons
terrible pay
A job is what you make it you can work smart or you can work hard your choice.
SanMar is a great company to work for l would recommend anyone to apply.All the employees and Management are friendly the pay is ok and the benefits are great.
Pros
Lots of free lunches.
Cons
Lots of over time very busy place.
Great organization
I have learned a lot in this company. It's a great organization to work for. The people are amazing, they all are very friendly and helpful. Sometimes it can be stressful because majority of the time you will have to deal with different issues.
Horrible look elsewhere
Management talks down to you not to you. Targets are a joke unrealistic. Your just a number there this company doesnt care about you or that you have a family to provide for. Insane the heat in the summer poorly ventalation.
The pay is trash and "bi monthly" as well so if you enjoy getting payed on a Wed for example then its perfect for you. The company brags about its benifits but I personally seen people get the "boot" after requesting them. Go else where even if its less money avoid this place because for me it was a waste of 7 months.
Pros
Cons
Eveything
Has the potential to be great fails miserbly
Great culture and SOME great people. Sanmar makes you feel very welcomed. Has the potential to be a company you can proudly say you work at, However the work can sometimes be crazy and they expect you to meet unfair expectations. All for nearly minimal pay and job security. They've let people who worked there for YEARS let go like its nothing. So it doesn't matter how much they appear to like you. One little thing and you're gone. It's practically the same thing on receiving, they pay a little more but should increase the pay all around, but they ram pack the place with no consciousnesses for anyone. On top of if they slowly increase the work load and sometimes they're under manned but expect receivers to do the work in crazy condition. If theres a suggestion or tell upper management like it is, they don't care and it falls upon deaf ears.

SanMar isn't a company you stay at unless you move up. But it's a cool company to experience/ pass through. Amazing potential! If only they could see it.
Pros
Some of the workers/Managers, Culture, OK benefits, can move up
Cons
Pay, Job Security for Pickers, Politics, unrealistic expectations, Someone Always watching you
Not a fun place to work.
Working for San Mar is one of the worst jobs to have. Wasn't given benefits after hire. I was there 7 months before I quit and still had not received my benefits. The 2nd level of the Mississauga plant was 97 degrees fahrenheit with hardly any ventilation. The system they work under is flawed. It can work against the pickers in the plant. No company loyalty. Expect 110% all of the time with little to no mistakes. They try to run like Amazon. They don't have the equipment that Amazon does. Turnover is high.
Pros
Didn't have many
Cons
working in high heat with little ventilation, no loyalty, hold out on benifits
Reliable
Pay and hours are reliable, environment is friendly safe and clean. Have to hit stats to stay there but it isn't hard if you don't waste alot of time

Supervisors can be better motivators when it gets busy
Pros
Lots of free lunches, reliable hours and pay. People are nice
Cons
Can get really busy for weeks at a time and i am tired
constant change gives differences from week to week
constant changes in the company made this company exist outside a proper reviewing window. Though I liked working there it was a job more suitable for a young driven employee.
10/10 Work Environment
This company absolutely delivers on its commitment to employees. Senior leadership is accessible and involved. The culture is one of open communication & the company really prides itself on keeping that tight-knit family feel, despite their growth & success. Highly recommend.
Pros
BBQs, relaxed work environment, accessible management
Best Place I Have Worked Yet
I started out in the warehouse (which was not bad) but then I moved into customer service which was the best job I've had yet. I had to move and I miss it almost every day. The friends I made there are still like family to me and I've never learned so much from a job like I did there. Lots of education, bonuses, opportunity for advancement and fun! If I could've taken SanMar with me, I would've.
Pros
Some of the SanMar staff are the most wonderful, caring people
Cons
Some of the Warehouse folk at the time were VERY sexist
Management isn't the greatest, but lots of great people. I learned to lift boxes and do my work and keep quite so work is completed in the mandatory time required.
Extremely outdated mindset and salaries
Problematic to favoritism
Non negociable ideas and values

Lowest salary on the market

Management frozen in time!

Locker room talk in work areas

Out with the Old please

Sales Sales without compensation or bonus

Clan oriented only

Don't bother applying waste of your time for poor wages!
Pros
Cons
To many ! !