SanMar Canada Employee Reviews

Great organization
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 October 2018
I have learned a lot in this company. It's a great organization to work for. The people are amazing, they all are very friendly and helpful. Sometimes it can be stressful because majority of the time you will have to deal with different issues.
Horrible look elsewhere
Warehouse order picker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga30 October 2018
Management talks down to you not to you. Targets are a joke unrealistic. Your just a number there this company doesnt care about you or that you have a family to provide for. Insane the heat in the summer poorly ventalation.
The pay is trash and "bi monthly" as well so if you enjoy getting payed on a Wed for example then its perfect for you. The company brags about its benifits but I personally seen people get the "boot" after requesting them. Go else where even if its less money avoid this place because for me it was a waste of 7 months.
Pros
Cons
Eveything
Not a fun place to work.
picker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 August 2018
Working for San Mar is one of the worst jobs to have. Wasn't given benefits after hire. I was there 7 months before I quit and still had not received my benefits. The 2nd level of the Mississauga plant was 97 degrees fahrenheit with hardly any ventilation. The system they work under is flawed. It can work against the pickers in the plant. No company loyalty. Expect 110% all of the time with little to no mistakes. They try to run like Amazon. They don't have the equipment that Amazon does. Turnover is high.
Pros
Didn't have many
Cons
working in high heat with little ventilation, no loyalty, hold out on benifits
Reliable
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 December 2017
Pay and hours are reliable, environment is friendly safe and clean. Have to hit stats to stay there but it isn't hard if you don't waste alot of time

Supervisors can be better motivators when it gets busy
Pros
Lots of free lunches, reliable hours and pay. People are nice
Cons
Can get really busy for weeks at a time and i am tired
constant change gives differences from week to week
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC22 November 2017
constant changes in the company made this company exist outside a proper reviewing window. Though I liked working there it was a job more suitable for a young driven employee.
10/10 Work Environment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Canada26 September 2017
This company absolutely delivers on its commitment to employees. Senior leadership is accessible and involved. The culture is one of open communication & the company really prides itself on keeping that tight-knit family feel, despite their growth & success. Highly recommend.
Pros
BBQs, relaxed work environment, accessible management
Best Place I Have Worked Yet
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC25 May 2017
I started out in the warehouse (which was not bad) but then I moved into customer service which was the best job I've had yet. I had to move and I miss it almost every day. The friends I made there are still like family to me and I've never learned so much from a job like I did there. Lots of education, bonuses, opportunity for advancement and fun! If I could've taken SanMar with me, I would've.
Pros
Some of the SanMar staff are the most wonderful, caring people
Cons
Some of the Warehouse folk at the time were VERY sexist
Assisting other employers (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 April 2017
Management isn't the greatest, but lots of great people. I learned to lift boxes and do my work and keep quite so work is completed in the mandatory time required.
Extremely outdated mindset and salaries
Slave (Former Employee) –  Canada1 March 2017
Problematic to favoritism
Non negociable ideas and values
Lowest salary on the market
Management frozen in time!
Locker room talk in work areas
Out with the Old please
Sales Sales without compensation or bonus
Clan oriented only

Don't bother applying waste of your time for poor wages!
Pros
Cons
To many ! !
The people and benefits make it worth it.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 December 2016
I am currently employed with SanMar Canada and in my opinion, many of the reviews do not shed an accurate light on the Company.

I have worked with SanMar Canada for just over two years now, and although I may be able to make more elsewhere. I stay for the people, the environment, how they treat their staff and how secure my job is. Don't get me wrong, I've been in situations where I didn't have my vacation approved for this reason or that reason, but that is like any other company. I don't always agree with how my manager thinks, but we can't say that she is not respectful and treats us fairly. The Company offers extended health benefits and they don't take it off our cheques, they host BBQs, lunches and offer gifts and rewards throughout the year.

My department is very closely knit and everyone gets along very well. As people chat, I hear that some managers can be better but I am happy with mine. I also think they can do more company events if possible but I do not have any major complaints.

Could I make a dollar or two more elsewhere like others here are complaining about? Maybe. But after taxes, and the risk of not like the work atmosphere, I think I will pass and stay where I know I am happy.
Pros
co-workers, treatment
Family culture company
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 December 2016
This is a great place to work for because everyone works hard and the company culture is really like a family. The management is always very supportive and approachable when you face some challenges at work or want to offer some feedback. The ordering system might look overwhelming at first but once you get used to the system, it is actually not that hard. The co-workers are really nice and always help me out when I need support. The company hosts free BBQ, pot luck and some fun events like team building activity and give us free shirts all the time for different events. They will order paid lunch when we are super swamped or have long trainings. The senior management make efforts to sit down with each employee and listen to what we want to share so you feel you can bring up your concerns privately to those who can make changes. The most difficult part of my job is multi tasking – to finish all that you need to do via phone and emails on a busy day. The most enjoyable part of my job is the family like company culture.
ok workpLace
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 October 2016
Management is very biased.If you are a very good worker, then the supervisor will only check if you are doing the work but not the other co workers who are not doing anything.
worst place to work
Processor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 October 2016
long hours management does not value your opinion.. would not encourage any one to work there, very stressful. so many people leave because of how stressful the job is.
work place
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 October 2015
Fun work place with supportive ( co-workers ).
I learn all my warehouse knowledge from here such as forklifts and RF guns all the way down to wrapping skids.

Management always changed so it got annoying after while and confusing. Anytime I tried to take a vacation day I would get denied if it wasn't a month or longer notice. Also when you change from a position to a higher position they won't raise you less you bug them or i have even seen nice employees to scared to ask and don't get raised.

co-workers they have a great group of employees that would make you feel like family. Working with the team would be the most enjoyable part.
typical labour work
Order picking (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 October 2014
the co-workers are amazing; they are very friendly and always happy to talk to you. they are very polite and always ask you how you day is going. the job it self is typical labour work. you do order picking and left heavy boxes. you have a target that you have to accomplish every day. the hardest part of the job is when it is really busy. the place itself is very small therefore when it gets busy there isn't much space for boxes to be packed. the most enjoyable part about the job is that they are very flexible with hours.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
long hours, small warehouse
Productive, reliable
Processor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga Ontario15 June 2014
While the job occasionally can be stressful due to the warehouse environment and some of the given tasks, it is a reliable source of income that offers great hours, while not very flexible management is open to staff with full time availability and takes care of its staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SanMar Canada. Our community is ready to answer.

SanMar Canada Reviews by Location