Sanjel Energy Services

Sanjel Energy Services Employee Reviews

Canada185 reviews

At your risk, unfortunately

No hate for the company, it was the often misses with the dispatchers. We’d get sent out to perform something specific but then 9/10 times it escalates to something else. Example: We’d get sent out @ 8pm for a 2am job but we end up waiting 17 hours for the consultant to be ready meanwhile we’re missing other opportunities.

Always on call

Never know when your going to head out, on call 24/7Family / life balance can sometimes be hard on a personSwitching from night to days is a challenge for some.

fun

great company to work for with great and respect good luck for evry one there.hope to find your self there because you will love working for sanjel .

Great people, great work, and great pay.

Loved working for Sanjel. Everyone I worked with was kind, friendly and appreciated my work ethic. The management staff is full of great people who want to see their employees strive. Everyone I worked with had great attitudes towards the work and their co-workers.If you work hard, the job is easy. Long hours, but it pays really well. Mix of local and remote work. I would work there again!

Pros

Good pay, great co-workers, really good safety measures, meal allowance and paid hotels, lots of room to move up in the company.

Cons

Long hours, potentially away from home for duration of shifts.

A good company to work for

I’m happy working for Sanjel. My only problem is I live in another province so I’m away from my family a lot. But I’m still here so that says something.

Pros

They take good care of you safety and financially.

Cons

Awful environment. Prehistoric culture. Racist and sexist beyond belief.

No lunch breaks unless it was not busy. No windows in the office provided. Sink or swim mentality instead of a team effort and no help from managers as they were rarely in the office.

Pros

The pay

Cons

Everything except the pay

Very little consideration for the well being and happiness of employees

I don’t have much good to say. Sanjel USED to be a great company.It seems the people are now secondary to the bottom line.I’m don’t know if it’s a company wide problem, or just the base I worked!If you’re looking for a career, do yourself a favour, KEEP LOOKING

Great place to work, good knowledgeable trades people. The pay is well above average with bonus incentives as well. They had a really good safety culture there as well

Not who they once were

Once "Schlumber-jel" took over it went downhill quickly.Once resurrected they dominated the Cementing Service Line again. Unfortunately however, the "Schlumber-jel" micro managing also remains. Wouldn't recommend working here anymore.

Pros

During my time, the pay was fair

Cons

Lots of travel, Calgary Management

Will always be over Hours Of Service and told to lie about your logs

You will get to work with good guys in the field but will be treated like a number. Hour’s of service is a joke. No respect for the laws with this company. When and if you say something your time is up and jobless. No matter how much you have given. Big turnaround with these guys, no respect from the office. A reason why they have went bankrupt.

Pros

Money, field worker’s

Cons

Every thing is bad

Lied and never delivered

During my interview I asked how often I would be away from home and they told me I may be out of town for a night or 2 at a time.. during my 2 week on shift I was almost never home.They also said they would train me for a class 1 licence and in the 4 months I was there they never sat me behind the wheel.

Pros

Good benefits, people are ok to work with.

Cons

Never home, busy 24/7 schedule with little rest.

Not for older workers starting out

Only good if you dont have a home life good for single unattached persons looking to start in the oil industry it will get you fit and in shape though

Pros

6 days off

Cons

15 days on 24/7

Sanjel was awesome that time

There was "Next day spare parts" available.. Honest management. In Red Deer department it was the best condition to work for.. I was happy to work for Sanjel.

Decent, especially for a young man

Long, crazy hours, hectic work schedule, outdoors in all kinds of crazy weather all par for the course They really need better sleepers on their trucks but all things considered: Solid company Especially for a young man looking to get started

company no longer exists

this company no longer exists. typical fracturing company. working outdoors and travelling to various job sites. management were good, training was offered.

busy

Show up, Switch out with cross shift, Take Calls from customers, Organize Crews, Equipment, Products for job mobilization, delivery and execution and demobilization of multiple crews for multiple customers in multiple service areas across western Canada.

Good company

Good company to work for. Hours are a lot to try and manage if you have a family. Typical oilfield work. Crazy busy in the winter time very slow in the spring

I enjoyed my time working at this shop.

Good management, was lots of work, pretty good salaries, long days and nights but good time off. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the cold weather.

Pros

It was a very good company to work for. Management cared about their employees and good salaries.

Cons

Long hours and cold weather.

Excellent

During your 15 day stretch you could get called at ridiculous times so family has to adapt to it. Excellent training both on hand and in house.All employees are treated very well

Pros

Wages for the need

Cons

Call in times

Interesting lifestyle

Oil field/oil field service work isn't for everyone but once you adjust to the 15/6 or 10/4 work schedule there's nothing like it. Going back to a regular 5/2 schedule would be difficult.

Was laid off

Was laid off never got my pay did not get my pay in lieu of I got nothing Dupree the first set of guys and then just dropped the rest of us with no pay no nothing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sanjel Energy Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement