Sanjel Energy Services

Sanjel Energy Services Employee Reviews

Show up, Switch out with cross shift, Take Calls from customers, Organize Crews, Equipment, Products for job mobilization, delivery and execution and demobilization of multiple crews for multiple customers in multiple service areas across western Canada.
Once "Schlumber-jel" took over it went downhill quickly.Once resurrected they dominated the Cementing Service Line again. Unfortunately however, the "Schlumber-jel" micro managing also remains. Wouldn't recommend working here anymore.
Pros
During my time, the pay was fair
Cons
Lots of travel, Calgary Management
You will get to work with good guys in the field but will be treated like a number. Hour’s of service is a joke. No respect for the laws with this company. When and if you say something your time is up and jobless. No matter how much you have given. Big turnaround with these guys, no respect from the office. A reason why they have went bankrupt.
Pros
Money, field worker’s
Cons
Every thing is bad
During my interview I asked how often I would be away from home and they told me I may be out of town for a night or 2 at a time.. during my 2 week on shift I was almost never home.They also said they would train me for a class 1 licence and in the 4 months I was there they never sat me behind the wheel.
Pros
Good benefits, people are ok to work with.
Cons
Never home, busy 24/7 schedule with little rest.
Long, crazy hours, hectic work schedule, outdoors in all kinds of crazy weather all par for the course They really need better sleepers on their trucks but all things considered: Solid company Especially for a young man looking to get started
Good company to work for. Hours are a lot to try and manage if you have a family. Typical oilfield work. Crazy busy in the winter time very slow in the spring
During your 15 day stretch you could get called at ridiculous times so family has to adapt to it. Excellent training both on hand and in house.All employees are treated very well
Pros
Wages for the need
Cons
Call in times
Oil field/oil field service work isn't for everyone but once you adjust to the 15/6 or 10/4 work schedule there's nothing like it. Going back to a regular 5/2 schedule would be difficult.
Was laid off never got my pay did not get my pay in lieu of I got nothing Dupree the first set of guys and then just dropped the rest of us with no pay no nothing
Very safe work practice. Be prepared for extreme cold. I have seen guys get frost bite. My boots were rated for -75C. Awesome co-workers who are willing to help get you trained.
Was a good place to work, enjoyed the people I worked with. I left for maternity leave and then stayed home with our kids. I'd recommend them as an employer.
Great guys to work with but, when you’ve worked over 24 hours straight it’s not worth it for the pay you receive. If you like living on no sleep & small wages unless you’re management I’d say go for it! Salary if you’re not working in the field and only doing shop maintenance was 1400.00 every two weeks.
Pros
Boot allowance.
Cons
Long hours.
Being awake for long hours to do one job some days (or I should say must of the days) were the hardest part I found. Some of the co-workers felt the same way too.
Excellent place to work. Sharpened my abilities to troubleshoot. Management was really good at letting you know what was happening within the company. The workplace culture was they wanted to perform at the highest level. The hardest part was being away from my family for extended periods of time. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people.
This company was fine at first but became a buddy buddy business of backstabing staff. would not recomend anybody for a job there. no class.There company sold.
these guys will work you and dump you, everybody in there cushy jobs wont give u a chance, terrible place to start out, a lot of fakers and bad management racists in the company
A typical work includes long hours from a minimum of 10 hours up to 30 hours work. Not the greatest workplace culture because of the operations people attitude. It's an on call job so get yourself ready for no life and mid night calls!
Trained and evaluated drivers as per provincial standards along with company practices included. I was part of a team that worked well together and had the companies practices in mind at all times but safety was always first when it came to having safe competent drivers.
Sanjel is no longer in business. I should not be giving an opinion of the company. When I was there, it was a good company. Some good talent. end of
everyone was friendly and welcoming and treated me as an equal. unfortunately I was laid off when step energy bought sanjel and let everyone go to hire their own..
They have a awesome safety record. It was enjoyment to work on all the different types of oil field service equipment. They had a good in house training program