Sanjel Corporation Employee Reviews

This was my dream work environment!
Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 April 2018
Great place to work. A great bunch of people, work life balance was the best I have ever seen (1/2 days - PAID - on last day before a long weekend!). The company was one of the best in the industry.
Pros
Good pay, great culture, exceptional work-life balance
Cons
Executive management made bad decisions that shut the company down
some of the best people you'll ever work with (cementing division)
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Slave Lake, AB28 February 2018
i came into this company with a class 5 license and left with the class 1, the training they provide is some of the best you'll find and they didn't always treated me like a number but a person, the work might not be for eveyone
Pros
pay, coworkers, management
Cons
sometimes you get asked to do questionable things to get it done
dinamic
Coil tubing driver / operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB27 February 2018
very hard laborer job beside driving. work outside in all kind of weather conditions, away from home for long periods of time, sleeping in hotels/motels, shearing bead room with coworkers.....
great work life balance
Hydraulic Frac QA QC Field Specialist (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB7 February 2018
Loved being challenged every day, great work life balance, excellent team environment, lots of opportunity to showcase your skills, and always room for growth
Pros
great pay
Cons
no cons
pay could have been better
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lac La Biche, AB23 January 2018
pay could have been better, work a 15/6 and on call 24/7 they would own you. the guys in the field are awesome to work with, dispatch would often try and push you to do more then what your hours on your log book would allow.
Lowest paying company in the patch
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Edson, AB21 November 2017
If your looking to make big bucks in the patch steer clear of these guys they have lots of problems with money so there will be times when you work alot of hours and jobs then think your going to get a nice deposit when in reality your going broke and when confronted they show you the door
fun place to work
Blender Operator (Former Employee) –  Clairmont, AB17 October 2017
I enjoyed the work and the people. If sanjel wasn't bought out I would still be with them. family oriented crews who were always there for eachother, who were close enough to work together for 15 days and spend free time together on their days off as well
okay
Journeyman Parts Technician (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB19 June 2017
was okay working here. 10 and 4 shift was okay. company went under not long after I left there, so I'm glad I got out when I did. Had no real inventory management.
production
Lead- Electronic Technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 April 2017
good company and working environment. equipment and tools were supplied for working unit.Training worker if needed. managers were very supporting to workers.
A great company to work for in my 'early 20s'
Contract Accountant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 February 2017
Sanjel was a great company to work for in my early 20s. I gained valuable accounting experience that I was able to use in my future jobs. The company also paid for education.
Good employer
Bulker/Driver (Former Employee) –  Swift Current, SK7 November 2016
You are on call 24 hours a day when on shift. You were compensated for this however. Good company to work for but industry is tied to oil field so when economy drops you could be subject to layoff.
Pros
Excellent Benefits, Good Compensation
Cons
Employment subject to market conditions
Company sold
HP Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB2 July 2016
company doesn't exist anymore it was a great company to work for and great experience working for them as a first
Typical work day was long i learned a lot of hard work ethic co-workers were awesome and the hardest part was the time away from family and most enjoyable was the pay
Pros
Money
Cons
Time away from family
Left us all out to hang
Critical Well Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 May 2016
Left all remaining employees with nothing. Gave packages to earlier layoffs but nothing to those who stuck with them. We took pay cuts and bonus cuts and forced leave to help them, but the owner decided to take his brother in law's offer and make off with the profits.
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB22 April 2016
Awesome atmospher to work in, everyone ther was very friendly like having a seconed family. If not for not making enuff money I would still have been working there.
Operator
Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB4 April 2016
I worked for this company for almost 4 years. I have a lot of management experience in other fields and wanted to try the oil and gas industry. I can say right from the get go they were disorganized, from management down, inefficient, ineffective and wasted money all over the place because they had promoted people because of years of experience in the field rather than hiring or promoting the right person that could do the job. It does not surprise me that they are selling off parts of the company because it was only a matter of time with all of the deficiencies and the downturn that it was going to happen. I am very glad I got out when I did but there are a lot of people that will be finically destroyed because of this.
Cons
Work Life Balance
Treated well while working at Sanjel, the only reason for moving onto another job was my desire to work oversaes for a season.
Shop Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, AB7 March 2016
Working at Sanjel was most agreeable, training was always ongoing.
Management were good peoples and as well the same could be said of my fellows crew members. For myself, the crew I worked with was the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
Treated well
Cons
I really have no voice concerns
Productive and fun place to work at
Assistant research and development (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 November 2015
Very friendly employees and helpful management. Opportunity of growth and self Improvement. many knowledgeable personal.. everyday includes new challenge and puzzle need to be solved.
...
I started as a Class 5 helper in the oilfield (Former Employee) –  Lac La Biche, AB13 November 2015
I worked some very long hours but I was paid well with good benefits. I liked my co-workers but too reliant on oil prices to have much security.
good place to work
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  calgary12 October 2015
great place to work with good equipment
good people to work with
shop is clean and tidy
safe place to work
great facitlity
work experience
Project Admin Process Control (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 September 2015
my experience was not very pleasant, however the company proclaims their focus is on the employees not the clients but laid off over 2,000 people as soon as they discovered oil prices had plummeted