Sandvik Employee Reviews

Productive and busy work environment
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 September 2018
a typical day at work.
gained good work experience.
good management and managers.
great workplace culture.
enjoyed the best time with colleagues and managers.
Intern
Intern (Supply Chain and Distribution) (Former Employee) –  Delta10 September 2018
Engineering: It’s the lifeblood of society. Developing, changing, molding and evolving our everyday lives. In a world where we see increased prosperity, population growth and rising consumption speeds, challenges will arise for economic growth and sustainability in equal measure. Simply said, the speed of change will never be this slow again. New opportunity awaits, we are entering the future of manufacturing, and we want you to join us.
Best job I ever had!
Workshop Technician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON29 January 2018
Sandvik was the best job I ever had, I got laid off due to a slow period in the mining industry. They have great benefits a nice lunch room retirement plan and everything. If your young and looking for a good career its worth the work trying get in.
Good company
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Asia30 December 2017
The SMT division is the oldest in the Sandvik Group and has evolved a lot in the last 8-9 years (2009-2017).
The company offers great opportunity to learn and progress in your career as well as offering you a lot of options to sharpen your technical and soft skills.
Pros
Good benefits
Overall a good company. Can get advancement if you can get yourself known in the right circles.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 December 2017
Comfortable place to work. Great set up with cafeteria and gym. Is a global company with main offices in other parts of the world so focus on North America was reduced.
To robotic like
Staff Accountant/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 November 2017
I've noticed that the staff members that have been with this company for many years just do the job. They stopped thinking for themselves, and almost have a 'Oh Well' attitude. Get's very frustrating.
ambiance
Emploi étudiant (Former Employee) –  Val-d'Or, QC11 October 2017
merveilleuse équipe de travail, je n'ai que des bons mots à dire sur l'entreprise
Productive and Fun to work at, all kinds of perks included
Technical Publications Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON25 May 2017
I miss Sandvik and the people I worked with over 10 years, I considered them family. Easy going, lots of laughter every day, but we always got the job done!! Christmas Party we always had a limo pick us up and take us home at the end of the evening and it was always held at a very nice hall/drinks food great music every year.
Pros
Free day with pay off on your birthday!
Cons
They relocated to China
Great global company with great benefits
Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC6 February 2017
Too bad they are restructuring every five minutes, but something has to be done to keep the big wigs employed I guess...they lose valuable people because of it though...
work
Heavy Duty Equipment Technician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Snap Lake, NT22 April 2016
it is not bad place to work with the right people other then that ugh its a pain in the you know what busy busy working underground
Sandvik Mining is a worldclass company.
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Snap Lake, NT21 December 2015
I would have loved to stay at Sandvik but unfortunately one of my grandchildren was gravely ill in Edmonton Hospital and my daughter "a single Mom" needed our help for a few months while he was there, so I resigned and stayed at the hospital with him until he could be medevac'd to Yellowknife 3 months later when he was stabilized. "Time very well spent:.
Not living up to their potential
Country Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 November 2015
Sandvik is currently experiencing a downturn, changes in executive management and has been under multiple change initiatives for the past four years. If these changes ever stop and the company can achieve some traction again, Sandvik can regain their past excellence. If not, I anticipate many years of instability.
Pros
Free coffee, gym on site
Cons
Change environment and inconsistency in management
A relax place to work with minimum stress
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Surrey Centre, BC10 November 2015
There are a group of nice people to work with at Sandvik, Flexible hours is somthing I really enjoyed.
Most of the decesions come from upper manahement team in Europe so you don't have direct access with them which is not your desired outcome sometimes.
Good company of international repute. Local management lacks direction.
, Process Metallurgy, Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Arnprior,Canada29 April 2015
Day to day firefighting for issues in plant.
Learnt about new stainless steel grades processing.
Lacks experience to run an international company ,no plans for technological growth and leadership.
Excellent people with lots of experience.
Trying to do new product development on the fly.
Full freedom in decision making as i was one of the experienced engineer.
Pros
Company of international repute
Cons
Average paymasters
Safe and productive shop that allowed you to use your imagination in the assembly process.
Senior Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON21 February 2015
The assembly of the machines usually took 2-3 weeks depending on the model. We would work in teams of 1-3 mechanics and take turns at different tasks in the assembly process. We would use detailed blueprints to determine assembly of drive trains, hydraulics, electrical and body parts. On-time delivery was of utmost importance so we would coordinate our time to each job as efficiently as possible and keep the highest quality of workmanship. We would receive yearly performance reviews and bonuses if we met the delivery targets set out by management. I worked with many dedicated and smart co-workers who were always willing to help each other. The hardest part of the job was when lay-offs would happen because of the commodity cycle in mining. The most enjoyable part of the job was the continuous learning as new models of machines and technology were ever changing.
Pros
Great atmosphere with yearly pay raises and bonuses.
Cons
Company ended up closing.
productive and fun place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Arnprior, ON4 September 2014
Was very hard but rewarding work. I was laid off from this position and when called back to work I had already gained other employment.
Pros
three days on and three days off
Cons
Enjoyed it for as long as it lasted
MANUAL MACHINIST (Lead Hand/ Area Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON23 August 2014
I enjoyed working for Sandvik, it was a well run shop. A bit heavy in redundancy in Administration at times, it was still pretty good. Working with the crew in the Manual Shop, we were a close knit bunch, and I enjoyed teaching the new apprentices the trade.
Pros
Odd free lunches etc.
Cons
They left North Bay
A positive work experience
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON30 April 2014
Worked closely with Distributors/Resellers/End Users to maintain inventory and stocking levels of exploration tooling and rig parts
Followed through with all paperwork from receipt of purchase order to final invoice for all capital equipment sales of Exploration Core Rigs
Warranty administrator for Canada/USA for Sandvik Exploration tooling and equipment
Designated as a Regional Purchasing Agent for Sandvik Exploration region USC
Sandvik Burlington was a good place to work.
Manufacturing Engineer / Technologist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON10 April 2014
Sandvik Burlington was a good place to work because of great people that worked there
aucun
Technicien des équipements de forage (Former Employee) –  eastmain25 March 2014
bon salaire la qualite du support technique la flexibilite des heures de travailler en equipe avec des gens competents
Pros
loger nourris
Cons
eloignements

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sandvik. Our community is ready to answer.