Sandvik Employee Reviews

Intern
Intern (Supply Chain and Distribution) (Former Employee) –  Delta10 September 2018
Engineering: It’s the lifeblood of society. Developing, changing, molding and evolving our everyday lives. In a world where we see increased prosperity, population growth and rising consumption speeds, challenges will arise for economic growth and sustainability in equal measure. Simply said, the speed of change will never be this slow again. New opportunity awaits, we are entering the future of manufacturing, and we want you to join us.
En droit agréable à travailler
Mécanicien de concasseur (Current Employee) –  Province de Québec13 January 2019
Il n’y a pas d’heures pour aidé le client . C’est au téléphone ou sur chantier, je dois résoudre et trouvé pourquoi la machine à briser. Commande ,réparer et trouvé des solutions pour prévenir les prochains bris éventuels. Faire un rapport détailler au superviseur du chantier .
Safety, safety, Safety.
PARTS SUPPORT SPECIALIST, TSD (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 September 2018
Safety is well taken in consideration but employees are seen as numbers at times, job security is not there so if planning a long term perhaps not the place, salaries are hard to increase, skills and knowledge is not taken in consideration when giving an increase.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
low pay.
Productive and fun
LOGISTICS-WAREHOUSE TEAM LEADER (Current Employee) –  ONTARIO23 December 2018
How to relate with people
Fair
Team spirit
Planning
Laerning new
Human management
Safety,enviroment and health
Hazard reporting and closing
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Productive and busy work environment
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 September 2018
a typical day at work.
gained good work experience.
good management and managers.
great workplace culture.
enjoyed the best time with colleagues and managers.
Best job I ever had!
Workshop Technician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON29 January 2018
Sandvik was the best job I ever had, I got laid off due to a slow period in the mining industry. They have great benefits a nice lunch room retirement plan and everything. If your young and looking for a good career its worth the work trying get in.
Good company
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Asia30 December 2017
The SMT division is the oldest in the Sandvik Group and has evolved a lot in the last 8-9 years (2009-2017).
The company offers great opportunity to learn and progress in your career as well as offering you a lot of options to sharpen your technical and soft skills.
Pros
Good benefits
Overall a good company. Can get advancement if you can get yourself known in the right circles.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 December 2017
Comfortable place to work. Great set up with cafeteria and gym. Is a global company with main offices in other parts of the world so focus on North America was reduced.
To robotic like
Staff Accountant/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 November 2017
I've noticed that the staff members that have been with this company for many years just do the job. They stopped thinking for themselves, and almost have a 'Oh Well' attitude. Get's very frustrating.
Productive and Fun to work at, all kinds of perks included
Technical Publications Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON25 May 2017
I miss Sandvik and the people I worked with over 10 years, I considered them family. Easy going, lots of laughter every day, but we always got the job done!! Christmas Party we always had a limo pick us up and take us home at the end of the evening and it was always held at a very nice hall/drinks food great music every year.
Pros
Free day with pay off on your birthday!
Cons
They relocated to China
good people, poor management
Shop manager (Former Employee) –  Montreal, CA15 August 2013
Sandvik is a global company, but is locally manage, with mix review from region to region. Mine was USC (US & Canada). I have notice that the management was far more interested in their own car allowance and retirement plan than the company development.
I have met extraordinary peoples at Sandvik, but I have also notice a heavy staff turning over.
However, ethic, marketing material, and engineering from Swedish head office is state of the art .
Pros
vacation, flexible hour, safety
Cons
managnent far more interested in theirs own retirement plan than company development
A positive work experience
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON30 April 2014
Worked closely with Distributors/Resellers/End Users to maintain inventory and stocking levels of exploration tooling and rig parts
Followed through with all paperwork from receipt of purchase order to final invoice for all capital equipment sales of Exploration Core Rigs
Warranty administrator for Canada/USA for Sandvik Exploration tooling and equipment
Designated as a Regional Purchasing Agent for Sandvik Exploration region USC
Good company of international repute. Local management lacks direction.
, Process Metallurgy, Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Arnprior,Canada29 April 2015
Day to day firefighting for issues in plant.
Learnt about new stainless steel grades processing.
Lacks experience to run an international company ,no plans for technological growth and leadership.
Excellent people with lots of experience.
Trying to do new product development on the fly.
Full freedom in decision making as i was one of the experienced engineer.
Pros
Company of international repute
Cons
Average paymasters
Tough company to work for as an engineer.
Project and Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Arnprior, ON11 January 2013
I worked for good engineering managers, three in less than four years! The company's insistence on product output over quality of work-life is its greatest detriment, stressing both equipment and workers.

We in the engineering and maintenance area successfully managed several large installations and upgrades, and kept the plant working well. Very satisfying from a a design and engineering perspective, less so as a place to work and thrive.
Pros
projects completed.
Cons
company values.
Not living up to their potential
Country Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 November 2015
Sandvik is currently experiencing a downturn, changes in executive management and has been under multiple change initiatives for the past four years. If these changes ever stop and the company can achieve some traction again, Sandvik can regain their past excellence. If not, I anticipate many years of instability.
Pros
Free coffee, gym on site
Cons
Change environment and inconsistency in management
Sandvik Mining is a worldclass company.
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Snap Lake, NT21 December 2015
I would have loved to stay at Sandvik but unfortunately one of my grandchildren was gravely ill in Edmonton Hospital and my daughter "a single Mom" needed our help for a few months while he was there, so I resigned and stayed at the hospital with him until he could be medevac'd to Yellowknife 3 months later when he was stabilized. "Time very well spent:.
Productive and Relaxed Workplace
Operational Buyer (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON21 March 2013
The day starts with checking for any urgent requests, emails, orders etc and dealing with those. Create purchase orders, follow up on previous orders, expedite, price new and existing items. Running reports to analyse lead times and forecasts. Look into receiving issues, accounting issues and any issues that may arise throughout the day. Contacting suppliers for emergency orders and arranging special shipping.
The management is good, we are not overly supervised if an issue arises that requires assistance they are there to help.
Co-workers are fantastic and we all work together to get the job done.
The hardest part of the job is the systems we use are not connected enough for such a global company information does not flow easily.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the ever changing aspects.
Pros
flexability
Cons
system
Enjoyed it for as long as it lasted
MANUAL MACHINIST (Lead Hand/ Area Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON23 August 2014
I enjoyed working for Sandvik, it was a well run shop. A bit heavy in redundancy in Administration at times, it was still pretty good. Working with the crew in the Manual Shop, we were a close knit bunch, and I enjoyed teaching the new apprentices the trade.
Pros
Odd free lunches etc.
Cons
They left North Bay
A relax place to work with minimum stress
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Surrey Centre, BC10 November 2015
There are a group of nice people to work with at Sandvik, Flexible hours is somthing I really enjoyed.
Most of the decesions come from upper manahement team in Europe so you don't have direct access with them which is not your desired outcome sometimes.
Appeared better than reality
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Alberta & Saskatchewan12 March 2014
I believed this to be great company to work for, but in the end their expectations were unrealistic and I was forced to leave. Too much travel. No training or time to adapt to the culture.
Pros
car.computer, phone, expense account
Cons
travel, no training, no time to adapt

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sandvik. Our community is ready to answer.