Sandstone Pharmacies

Insights into Sandstone Pharmacies

What people like
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals

can be a great place to work as long as youre thick skinned

Very good at making you feel needed and valued until you make one mistake, no one seems to want to admit when they've done wrong and seem to always pawn off work/ blame on lesser ranked staff.

Pros

Certain stores/ managers do value their staff and are incredible to them.

Cons

no communication between staff

Not a good place to work

Lots of gossip going around about others. Management seems confused when it comes to running their compounding business. They were not fully clear on the position of the job as a pharmacy technician when they initially hired me. Hired to be told they want to re-due their training and then they let you go. Do not recommend working here, staff made me feel like I had to walk on eggshells and I was upset most days i worked there.

Pros

Early days off 7am-3pm

Cons

No benefits for a year

Best pharmacist job I've ever had

This is the best pharmacy company I've ever worked for (I've worked for Shoppers, Costco and London Drugs previously). The people at this company care about you. Community pharmacy is stressful, doesn't matter where you work, but despite some communication and training issues with management (which have improved significantly), they are great people to work for and with. They take feedback seriously and want you to be happy. They check in often and help out however they can.

Pros

Great team/management, good benefits, small company so open lines of communication, lots of opportunity to move up/change roles

Cons

Sometimes understaffed, training/communications gaps

Horrible company

This is a horrible company to work for. Pay minimum wage for maximum work. Hire unqualified pharmacists. Company gets extra money from government by "pretending" to care about patients i.e. by asking patients a few questions for a med review.

Pros

Non

Cons

Poor management, poor pay

Terrible management

Understaffed, Stressful and depressing, A lot of people lash out and create unnecessary dramas, Pay is less than most pharmacy can give. Its not worth the stess and overtime everyday. They will set you up for failure and fire you for no reason.

Pros

Meet some good coworkers

Cons

Stressful

Overwhelming

It could be a great place to work at. But a lot of times it gets overwhelming busy that its more than what the staffs can handle. We are under staffed. They keep on adding new patients when we cant even catch up to our current work. Training for new staff needs work too. It gets too busy that training a new guy properly is really a challenge. They should take the time to guide them properly and not chase them out by throwing them in the pit fire.

Pros

If u want cake on your bday and potlucks.

Cons

Benefit comes after a year of working there, It sucks for most people who needs regular medication, Understaffed, Stressful and depressing, A lot of people lash out and create unnecessary dramas, Pay is less than most pharmacy can give u, Its not worth the stess and overtime everyday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sandstone Pharmacies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement