Sandstone Pharmacies

Sandstone Pharmacies Employee Reviews

can be a great place to work as long as youre thick skinned

Very good at making you feel needed and valued until you make one mistake, no one seems to want to admit when they've done wrong and seem to always pawn off work/ blame on lesser ranked staff.

Pros

Certain stores/ managers do value their staff and are incredible to them.

Cons

no communication between staff

Not a good place to work

Lots of gossip going around about others. Management seems confused when it comes to running their compounding business. They were not fully clear on the position of the job as a pharmacy technician when they initially hired me. Hired to be told they want to re-due their training and then they let you go. Do not recommend working here, staff made me feel like I had to walk on eggshells and I was upset most days i worked there.

Pros

Early days off 7am-3pm

Cons

No benefits for a year

Location I worked at: You will enjoy if you like working in an active environment

Managers are hard working themselves and while they do not micro manage they are readily available when you need them.Flexible with schedule if you have a medical appointment, etc.Most team members are extremely supportive.Please do not hesitate to apply.

Pros

Relatively decent pay

Best pharmacist job I've ever had

This is the best pharmacy company I've ever worked for (I've worked for Shoppers, Costco and London Drugs previously). The people at this company care about you. Community pharmacy is stressful, doesn't matter where you work, but despite some communication and training issues with management (which have improved significantly), they are great people to work for and with. They take feedback seriously and want you to be happy. They check in often and help out however they can.

Pros

Great team/management, good benefits, small company so open lines of communication, lots of opportunity to move up/change roles

Cons

Sometimes understaffed, training/communications gaps

Horrible company

This is a horrible company to work for. Pay minimum wage for maximum work. Hire unqualified pharmacists. Company gets extra money from government by "pretending" to care about patients i.e. by asking patients a few questions for a med review.

Pros

Non

Cons

Poor management, poor pay

Best employer

A good employer and great people to work with. It takes them too long to fire problem people although acceptance of different of characters and race is good. My level of pay is not right for my job and responsibilities. I may just be happy enough to stay

Terrible management

Understaffed, Stressful and depressing, A lot of people lash out and create unnecessary dramas, Pay is less than most pharmacy can give. Its not worth the stess and overtime everyday. They will set you up for failure and fire you for no reason.

Pros

Meet some good coworkers

Cons

Stressful

Overwhelming

It could be a great place to work at. But a lot of times it gets overwhelming busy that its more than what the staffs can handle. We are under staffed. They keep on adding new patients when we cant even catch up to our current work. Training for new staff needs work too. It gets too busy that training a new guy properly is really a challenge. They should take the time to guide them properly and not chase them out by throwing them in the pit fire.

Pros

If u want cake on your bday and potlucks.

Cons

Benefit comes after a year of working there, It sucks for most people who needs regular medication, Understaffed, Stressful and depressing, A lot of people lash out and create unnecessary dramas, Pay is less than most pharmacy can give u, Its not worth the stess and overtime everyday.

job quality varies from store to store, over compensations are difficult

Great place to work, since it is a small business proper compensation is tough. Benefits are good but primary focus of head office is keeping the pharmacy staff happy. Hard to get in as a new staff general store worker. No where to move. Too many store being bought and not enough appreciation is put to the current staff and refusal to hire any more because of budgets.

Pros

occasional birthday celebrations, great christmas parties

Cons

under staffed and lack of proper compensation

I love working at Sandstone!!

I truly do love working at Sandstone Pharmacies. The culture is wonderful, staff is amazing and I love what I do. I am seeking additional employment elsewhere, as I am a student and need more hours in order to save up for school.

Jobs at Sandstone Pharmacies