Sandman Hotel Group

Sandman Hotel Group Employee Reviews

Canada147 reviews
Very relaxed, friendly staff
it was a great place to work. As a banquet server there are numerous events you work where you learn something new each time. The staff were quite nice and worked together greatly
Excellent
Great Experience.
Good Management.

Good work environment.

Great Manager and staffs.

Friendly and safe environment to work.

Was a learning experience and so proud.
Peaceful working conditions with helpful colleagues.
I'm working as a night auditor at the Sandman Hotel in British Columbia. Every person who is working with me, especially my general manager are really helpful and supportive.
Fun and detail-orientated.
Good management, fun people, great experiences. Hour's go by quickly while there is lots of time for growth and reflection on your shifts. Things that you can improve on.

Only con: Inconsistent schedule.
Needs improvement
Staff is amazing , job is fast passed and stressful and feels like alot of pressure somedays. Management don't know how to appreciate there staff and take you for granted. There is a serious dis connect with employees. Lack of communication and not paid for over time
Wouldnt recommend.
I have bad knees and when I had to do the washrooms in the rooms, there was no broom to use, they told me I had to use a rag an spray bottle to sweep and mop the bathroom floors on my hands a knees. Terrible and rude staff members that were horrible at training.
Just Check It Out
Overall, I don't like filling this information but there is a minimum of 150 characters worth of explanation. Just check it out. You wouldn't know until you try.
Very unorganized
Training was very difficult as the managers are overwhelmed and overworked themselves. No communication between shifts, way too many responsibilities for the pay offered and no clear directions or responsibility taken from management.
Enjoyable and Fun
Sandman was a place where I challenged myself to fight my fears of being an introvert that made me open up more and communicate with guests. I learnt a lot of conversing with team members and manager whenever there was a problem around.
They don’t pay well
Don’t work here. You only get a raise once a year. My experience was short. Front desk staff was always stoned. You had to be in with the managers if you wanted to be accepted.
busy place to work
Busy place to work, good staff, fast paced, met good people , restaurant adjoined to the hotel for convenient lunch breaks, GM and Executive Housekeeper worked well together to create good system for staff appraisal and problem solving .
Pros
weekends off
Cons
Loved this job was sad to go
I look forward to there being a positive here in the future I would love to come back I miss the people and the environment I had this as my first hotel job and I’ve been hooked since missing my regular ls
Pros
Regulars
Cons
Had to go
It was fine
It was fine just like any other housekeeping job out there. You got assigned your list of rooms did your list. If you finished first you would help others to complete theres.
love it had the best staff friendly caring and exstreamly funny
Sandman is an amazing place to work and stay I would say go here and you'll never want to stay anywhere else in the future it'll be We're staying at Sandman every time you Vacation!!!!!
incorrect focus
Management team is solely focused on bonuses and revenues over the well being of their team. Schedules are always being changed las minute with no communication about the changes.
The Sandman was a great place to work. The staff was great to work with, the management was also great to work for. It was a nice work environment and enjoyable
fun hotel
amazing job to start at never a sad or dull moment. guest are very nice and working with coworkers is always amazing and they are very supportive of everything that is done daily
Good company
Best hotel chains I got opportunity to work for. Upper management are also very supportive and helpful. Overall best hotel chain to work for kickstarter
N/a
Good company to work for. Management is extremely accommodating and understanding.

Company believe in promoting from within which is great.

Fast paced yet laid back environment.
No good.
Manager was no good!
Awful!

It is a worst among the company which I go.

A manager is bad at a work And makes fret the person.

If I am you, I would like to remove with the sandman Hotel and I recommend.

Get out here!
Hard-work
day of work starts as soon as you enter the building.One has to be on toes till the shift is complete. Be prepared to work hard. But staff here is courteous and encouraging.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sandman Hotel Group. Our community is ready to answer.