Sander Geophysics Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Great job to travel the world!
Senior Geophysicist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 June 2016
Enjoyed my time there. Allowed opportunity to develop broad range of practical skills and gain valuable international experience. Very flexible leave arrangments.
Amazing opportunity to see the world
Avionics & Survey Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, Ontario, Canada29 December 2014
My experiences with this employer are specific to my job title. Due to my technical skills I was sent into the field to maintain the fleet of aircraft.
I completely enjoyed the field work, I was given near complete autonomy for my day to day tasks. The scope of work was exciting and interesting. The people I interacted with were a pleasure to be around. The experiences and memories of international travel will stay with me forever.
Working in the office was not as satisfying. Direct management was ineffective at staying on top of day to day projects, employee activities, and lacked proper direction. My direct supervisors seemed overwhelmed and stretched over too many departments. Suggestions, recommendations and ideas were given little to no traction, and advancement and cross training were not implemented.
Office staff members are very pleasant to be around. social activities such as running groups, volleyball and company barbecues are encouraged.
Pros
international travel
Cons
ineffective managment
Great Outfit
Pilot (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 October 2014
Good pay, well taken care of, great people, unfortunately mobile outfit to remote areas of the world, sometimes harsh environment
Gym, Noon hour volleyball, yoga and spanish classes for those interested.
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 March 2013
A low stress company to work for when stationed at the Ottawa base/hangar. Life in the hangar is steady with few pressing deadlines and a wide variety of work. I arrive at 7am, have a half hour lunch and leave at 3pm. The mechanics share good camaraderie, and I have been given the task of crew chief on many heavy maintenance projects. Hangar management is laid back and we all generally get along. The most difficult part of the job is being sent out of country on field projects for 2 - 3 months at a time, but in doing so I am able to take 3 months vacation every autumn.

The hangar/aircraft maintenance department is somewhat like its own entity at times. Outside the hangar the company management is poor. Low wages, poor decision making, promising clients services they cannot deliver and often very poor living conditions on field projects makes an employee feel unimportant and under appreciated. Due to these poor habits and extreme micro-managing, there is much animosity throughout the company towards management.
Pros
3 month vacation each autumn, camaraderie with collegues in hangar
Cons
very low wages for work required (long periods overseas in poor working and living conditions), extreme micro-managing, poor decision making habits in management, impression that employees are expendible, etc.
The position was internal technician support role, I worked in a team, reported to my manager, responsibility of over 200 desktops and 100 laptops,
System Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 January 2013
 Successfully and completed the network upgrade project with teammates, set up new router and switch, changed all cables and connector, increase the LAN speed from 100M to 1G
 Built new system with different PC components base on employee requirement
 Resolved all the hardware and software problems, prepared the device as needed
 Installed the new system and upgraded exist system
 Successfully provided technology support for the internal employee
 Managed the user information on the server, improved the safety of employee account
 All my co-workers were very friendly, I respect them and learned from them.
 This job was the real good experience close to what I was looking for, it brought me much more confidence and happy time