Samuel Son & Co

Samuel Son & Co Employee Reviews

Canada37 reviews
Review summary
Good hours and pay. Shift work tho. Fast paced environment with deadlines and customer tasks.
Good work environment. Lunch room. Management is slightly pushy.Indoors.
Poor management in IT
Extremely poor management in IT from the top down. No direction. No performance reviews. Weekly team meeting constantly cancel for months. When we had a team meeting only 1 person talked non stop for a solid hour. Input and feedback not welcome or needed. You constantly have to guess what management wants from you. Poor communication and direction from direct managers. The IT manager/supervisor was just a junior kid with no experience or training in people management. Please DON'T work in IT!
I enjoyed working with Samuel. Travel part is little harder, however; can be managed well. I would recommend to work at this place. Overall, management is good
Canadian Private company under the radar
Samuel Son is an old well established Canadian firm with substantial holdings in the US and Mexico. The company does have a habit of letting go staff without warning, but there are lots of people even in IT for 20 years.
Pros
Flexible, work from home
Cons
Cliques who will protect their fief
Leicatex in London— don’t work here
Whispered promises and hot climate. Not to mention your work will be micro managed and you will be ordered to do extra work for no extra pay.

If you have no career aspirations and feel like getting fired for no reason a week before your fifth anniversary, by all means apply here.
It was a great place to work but the facility I was at closed down
It was a great place to work but the facility I was at closed down. I was there for many years and always got along for fellow works and management. I would love to find this kind of environment again.
Productive and a great place to work
My fellow employees and management teams are great to work with.
I feel that my work effort has value and is appreciated. My work-life balance is very good and I'd recommend Samuel Son & Co. to anyone looking for a company that cares about its employees.
very helpful to the new kid
I was hired on a contract basis to cover payroll input, while the payroll person was learning about their new software. I was a comfortable place to work and the team was fun to work with.
Pros
excellent co-workers
Cons
long drive to work
Abc
Wouldn't recommend if you are looking for growth
The company is set with old methods and it is hard for the management to accept new processes and technology
Challenging and Supportive
The culture of this company breeds support. Management and the other employees encourage questions and are non-judgemental. It is a great learning environment that challenges you with fast faced work that demands attention to detail and strong communication.
Professional and fast pace
Working at Samuel was fast paces and management style was very laid back. The managers actively in the day to day activities for the company's profit.
Best company to work
Samuel and son is One of the best company in winnipeg that pays good salary. All Workers are friendly, good benefits. I want to work at samuel till my retirement.
Fun, balanced, work experience
- very friendly, focused and knowledgeable Enterprise Information Management team
- my own cubicle close to my teammates (my preference)

- bi-weekly team meetings to keep track of everyone's progress

- location is close to Costco and good number of restaurants Not too far from Dixie Mall either

- company hosts events encouraging teams to mingle and know each other

- team lunches every now and then!
Samuel & sons
It was a great opportunity in my life to work here. Had a lot of learning experiences and worked with some great people. Management could of been a lot better but all in all grateful.
Great active environment
Friendly workers and supervisors who are reasonable to work with. I obtained my forklift licence and was a slitter bander. There is a 6 month probation to pass which i acomplished and had great feed back. I did not expect the lay off even tho i pass the 6 month probation period.
corporate business
answering telephone and directing calls. Meeting guests and contractors and signing in and out procedures. Strong health and saftey guidelines. A fun place to work for the most part.
Dont work here
worked there for almost a year, have had lead hands threaten my job on the weld line. not worth the headache, you are better off going to sky jack and actually making money because you get overtime.
Pros
40 hrs a week
Cons
everything else
Intern Student for Executive Assistant
Working as a student intern was a great experience. The employees their taught me a lot I needed to know about an administrative position. I had a great experience and the Moral their is incredible.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
none that I experienced
staff are great, management no so!
I planned and structured my day. Being aggressive about my sales numbers was self motivating and it brought in good results. I sold more steel than several other sales associated put together. I learned a lot about steel, sales as well as that hard work does not pay off. I was laid off at the peak of my career for no real reason, this was hard to understand. No one else at Samuel understood either.
I enjoyed selling and got on well with my co-workers, six years later and we still keep in touch. All in all it was a good experience.
Pros
meeting with customers
Cons
got too involved and spent less time with my family
Very tough and reward
Very challenging work environment ,but people are friendly ,Management was very open to the new ideas,the most fun of the job is trying to get the Machine up and running when you don't have a lot of time
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
I don't see any
Long term employees
An excellent work atmosphere. Employees were treated well and respected which reflects back to numerous long term employees.
Daily job requirements differed which made for a good change up in duties.