Samuel & Co Employee Reviews

Terrible place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB22 August 2018
This is one of the worst companies I've ever worked for. No support from their head office, all they do is criticize everything you do. The communication is an email telling you what to do and then they change their minds a dozen times. Very poor incentives, you work your butt off and when they have a contest for a top salesperson in the store you win a $5 tim gift card. Very unappreciated of your hard work. They expect a lot and give nothing in return. Stay away from this company .
Avoid this company
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB4 March 2018
Not a great company to work for. Store managers are frequently incompetent, but as long as they suck up to the higher ups then no one can say a bad word against them
Pros
None if you’re staff
Nepotism. Unprofessional.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS18 January 2018
Poor Head Office to Store communication.
They are obsessed with merchandising.
They have a high turnover rate for good reason.
Save yourself, and stay away.
Pros
Store team
Cons
Owner
We make shopping a pleasant experience for our customers
Sales associate (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB13 December 2017
We make shopping a pleasant experience for our customers. We develop relationships with various customers to help them make purchases by recommending, describing and demonstrating products
Great Team
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS27 December 2016
It is a great place to work. The girls there are great and work together as a team. We work together to help the customers get exactly what they are looking for. It's a good time.
A great place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE/KEY HOLDER (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL29 August 2015
Working at Samuel & Co was very enjoyable. We worked well as a team, supporting each other's sales despite having individual sales goals. This was my first retail job and I'm grateful to have learned how to work in a high-end clothing store where the interaction between staff and clients was treated as an important facet. Making sure the customer was pleased with and would continue to be pleased with their purchase was as important as making a sale. The hardest part of the job was when the customer had something very specific in mind, but it wasn't available in their size. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the diversity of customers and getting to know them well enough to be able to phone them when something "perfect" for them came into the store.
Pros
Staff were friendly and supportive of one another
Cons
Shifts were unpredictable with long retail hours