Samuel & Co

Samuel & Co Employee Reviews

Canada13 reviews
It can get busy but helping customers enables you to learn a lot. Co workers are very helpful. You need to learn about the products to be able to give quality customer service.
Pros
Flexible Work Schedule
Cons
Can get very busy
A very busy workplace. Your teammates become like a little family, however the hours are sometimes very difficult to navigate with shift hours.

Overall not a bad place of work! You will learn a lot of time management skills!
Absolutely horrible work environment. You are completely disconnected from head office, unless they visit the store, then they stand around and criticize your work, and get in the way of customers. The owner of the company has come in several times and has never introduced their-self to new employees. Management in the store is also horrible. Undermines staff and constantly over reacts at the smallest issues, especially if they are having a "bad day". The store is suppose to have a no gossip policy, however it seems all they do is gossip, especially the manager. I recommend staying away and saving your dignity and mental health.
If you like being treated like dirt, this is the place for you. Management and Head Office don’t care how they treat you, and will show you the door in a heartbeat if you don’t tow the company line. Heaven forbid you have a mind of your own. They think it’s a Fortune 500 company, they at they carry on. Do yourself a favour and take a job at a dollar store before even considering being a slave for this poor excuse of a company.
The daily aspects of the job itself were great, I had a fantastic team to work with and learned a lot from each of them but the company as a whole did not put in the effort to make team members feel valued or enticed to stay with the company.
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Samuel & Co. I felt very motivated to sell. Management was very supportive. Always worked with good dedicated staff.
Pros
Pleasant atmosphere
Cons
This is one of the worst companies I've ever worked for. No support from their head office, all they do is criticize everything you do. The communication is an email telling you what to do and then they change their minds a dozen times. Very poor incentives, you work your butt off and when they have a contest for a top salesperson in the store you win a $5 tim gift card. Very unappreciated of your hard work. They expect a lot and give nothing in return. Stay away from this company .
It's a great place to work but there isn't much room for advancement. It requires a lot of hours of work during the day, evening and weekends. Coworkers are great.
Not a great company to work for. Store managers are frequently incompetent, but as long as they suck up to the higher ups then no one can say a bad word against them
Pros
None if you’re staff
Poor Head Office to Store communication.
They are obsessed with merchandising.

They have a high turnover rate for good reason.

Save yourself, and stay away.
Pros
Store team
Cons
Owner
We make shopping a pleasant experience for our customers. We develop relationships with various customers to help them make purchases by recommending, describing and demonstrating products
It is a great place to work. The girls there are great and work together as a team. We work together to help the customers get exactly what they are looking for. It's a good time.
Working at Samuel & Co was very enjoyable. We worked well as a team, supporting each other's sales despite having individual sales goals. This was my first retail job and I'm grateful to have learned how to work in a high-end clothing store where the interaction between staff and clients was treated as an important facet. Making sure the customer was pleased with and would continue to be pleased with their purchase was as important as making a sale. The hardest part of the job was when the customer had something very specific in mind, but it wasn't available in their size. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the diversity of customers and getting to know them well enough to be able to phone them when something "perfect" for them came into the store.
Pros
Staff were friendly and supportive of one another
Cons
Shifts were unpredictable with long retail hours