Samaritan's Purse Employee Reviews

Enjoed working with everyone that worked there, very nice people
Breakfast and Lunch Cook (Former Employee) –  Dease Lake, BC18 April 2019
I did love working there, they were all very nice and friendly people to work around. It was a safe and positive place to be. They were very helpful with my accommodations as I had to be up at 4am to start preparing breakfast and also Lunch. If I had the opportunity to work there again I would be glad to in.
Fast Paced and multiple talents required
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON18 April 2019
Head office in Calgary therefore support was at arm's length. Had independence to set up and tear down the warehouse. Working with volunteers and the cause was extremely rewarding.
Pros
Working with great people
Cons
Long drive and hours
Family Feel
Project Coordinator & Systems Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 April 2019
People who work here, are here for a purpose. To ease suffering of those around the world. They give of themselves personally and professionally to do so. A caring, family environment is the result.
Wrong company name pulled from resume
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 March 2019
All great places to work at. Everyone I interacted with their in my position as a contractor were helpful and seemed pleasant. I have no complaints with my experiences.
Pros
Clean knowledgeable
Cons
I could have been paid more
Godly work with great company
Data Processor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 February 2019
Every day started with devotion to start us all off on God's desire for the company. It is an amazing company that is dedicated to providing help and grace for every human, and every day working there proved their standards.
Awesome Team that loves to build one another up.
Ministry Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dease Lake, BC11 January 2019
A typical work day starts off with devotions and meeting together to discuss the day and weeks upcoming events. The team was very supportive. They would often provide encouraging words and challenge you to growth. The management was extremely encouraging, pushing me to grow and being understanding when I failed. I loved working with the community we ministered to.
Pros
Devotional times, Food and Lodging benefits
Cons
lower salary
Good People
ASSISTANT QUALITY CONTROL OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 December 2018
Good team to work with. They are very friendly and they care about you as a person and not just as an employee of a company. It feels good knowing what we do is for the good cause.
Amazing place, would definitely work here in the future.
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 November 2018
I was able to have the opportunity to volunteer here for a few weeks during the summer. The experience with the people and work was amazing and enjoyable. The work environment is kind and welcoming.
Great place
Automatic Data Entry Processor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 June 2016
I really enjoyed working for such an organization. They help others and share love to the world in Jesus name. Everyone is very Friendly.
A Fulfilling place to work
OCC Automatic Data Entry Processor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 February 2016
My time with Samaritan's Purse Canada was filled fond memories. I found fulfillment both professionally and Spiritually. I always looked forward to going to work every morning.
The management and Team Leaders were very friendly and caring. It was a like a family work environment. Made a lot of friends in a very short time.

At the slightest opportunity, I will return to Samaritan's Purse.
Great place to serve people in need and community
Logistics Coordinator / Construction Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 January 2016
A people oriented Christian charity organization. Focusing on helping people in disaster areas worldwide. A great work environment that brings a team of dedicated individuals to serve those in need in a holistic approach to their situation.
A good job, great atmosphere, pleasant coworkers
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary AB14 September 2015
Very rewarding job helping those in third world countries receive the help they needed in times of disaster. I would work for this company again for sure.
good
Shoe Boxes assembler (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON21 February 2014
This is a good place to volunteer. Typical day here was just arranging shoe boxes in an assembling line. It was fun. I learned the importance of teamwork. The most enjoyable part of this volunteer experience was that i knew that those shoe boxes would brighten up a kid that is located somewhere in the world.
Working at Samaritan's Purse International Relief is fun!!
Data Processor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 December 2013
At Samaritan's Purse International Relief workers and staff are treated with respect, love and care. The management is amazing. It is a very well organized and friendly place to work. Most importantly it provides a means for people to grow spiritually while loving and caring for one another. What I enjoy most about my job is the fact that every little thing counts. The impact of the projects carried out in this organization is amazing. I am glad to be a part Samaritan's Purse and I will strongly recommend for any one who wants to volunteer or work with them.
Pros
Respect
Social moblizer
Social Moblizer (Former Employee) –  PJK3 March 2013
Arrange transport, labour, logistic etc and their related payments
Arrange meetings of organization with higher government authorities
Work as Translator during community mobilization and gatherings
Establishment of new office and fulfillment of office requirements
Amazing job at bringing hope to unfortunate people
International Projects Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 July 2012
This was probably the most exciting job I've ever had. I put together international relief and/or development teams to look after emergencies or educational programs.
Discovering each individual's talents and putting them to work on something they were good at was the greatest satisfaction, second only to seeing the happy faces of those we were helping.
The best part of any project was putting teams together and training them to be able to strategize each operation.
Unfortunately, because I had a young family at that time, the exessive amount of travel forced me to quit.
Pros
got to travel the world over.
Cons
too much travel time.
Rewarding position represnting a great organization
Regional Field Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa Ontario30 April 2012
I would contact Pastors and set up appointment siwht them to drop off material. I would also do cold calls by showing up and talking to them about the program I was representing. I learend some ways that worked and ways that did not work in a Rural area as well as the city. My co-workers were great as well as the supervisor I was under. The hardest part was getting in contact with Pastors. It requiired telephone tag and persistance. I enjoyed what I was doing because of the cause i was representing and the ability to schedule myself.
Pros
great support
Cons
wsa only a contratc position