Salit Steel Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Generally speaking Bowmanville
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON1 July 2018
Any foreman, supervisor on days are terrible. Unprofessional. Safety? What safety? No heat in the winter. Shop not properly ventilated for welding. Get rid of you as soon as possible after being injured. After about 3 months you'll see the bull I'm talking about .
Pros
No heat in the winter even indoors.
Cons
Dirty as can be all year round.
This place sucks
Welder (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON28 April 2018
Everyone is nice to your face but will stab you in the back as soon as you turn around, management is clueless and they like to harass the workers especially if you speak your mind. Most everyone is two faced and it’s like working with a bunch of high school girls.
Benefits
Cons
Management and co workers
Back stabbing love to talk about everyone. Not a very professional place to work at all
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON15 January 2018
Everyone is nice to your face but watch your back. Oh and just forget breaks you only get a 1/2 hour lunch. Girls in the main office are great but watch out for the rest. You will feel like your back in public school. There are favorites , expectations of working inventory without pay. When asked if you will be paid they asked if you want to keep you job.
Excellent management and corporate culture
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON9 September 2017
Very satisfying work performing duties with and for staff. Increasing productivity while reduced computer usage stress was highly regarded by management.
Hard work
File Clerk and receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 September 2017
It was alot of work and took hour each day but overall it was a great experience and I enjoyed myself becuase of the other workers. Also, it was a great learning experience.
great experience
MACHINE OPERATOR, CRANE AND SAW (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON1 August 2017
Salit Steel was a very good work experience for myself, and I would recommend it to anyone thinking of excepting a position there. Very good co-workers and hours.
Pros
Cons
Mandatory layoff from December to March
Great company
Student Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON3 July 2017
One of the best companies I've had the pleasure of working for. Friendly staff and very personable management. I learned many skills and gained great office experience. When you are excited on a Sunday to go to work the next morning, you know you're working for a company that treats you well.
Worst company to work for
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON16 March 2017
I would give this company a zero if that was an option.

The two redeeming qualities of working at Salit was I really loved my job, my co-workers and my direct boss. Otherwise this environment is toxic and management is unprofessional.

Working for Salit has taught me a really valuable lesson that I don't want to work for a company that condones bullying and harassment; allows their workers to come to work stoned and or drunk and turn a blind eye. A company that walks all over their employees. A company that doesn't mind when their employees have full out fist fights on the plant floor and they just get a slap on their wrists. A company that doesn't provide the proper tools to complete one's position.
Pros
I can't think of one
Cons
Hours too long, moral is low, management is unprofessional
Working with steel is dangerous but sometimes fun
Metal Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON8 October 2014
a plant with full production capacity that is supplying GTA's rebar demand.
Learned a lot of hands-on techniques about fabricating rebars, forklift driving and long-trailer truck driving.
Management team includes such awesome group of individuals that treat everybody nice and control the shop flow in best way.
Hardest part of work is night-shift and of course working with steel is always dangerous even if you follow all safety processes.
Great Atmosphere!
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON14 January 2014
Challenging Fast Paced Work, Well put together business plan, Excellent Place to work. A++++
Salit Niagara
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON11 April 2013
Moneys good, overtime available.
cut hours in winter, or get laid off.
management is extremely poor, if you want a dead end job, with no room for advancement and love being treated like a child....
THIS ONES FOR YOU...
Pros
get to go home after 8 hours.
Cons
have to stay for 8 hours.
Factory work
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON26 February 2013
Hardest part was the physical labor involved

Most enjoyable was the exercise from the physical labor

Co-workers we good
Pros
good pay, good workers
Cons
through a hiring agency, laid off when i was one shift away from getting into the union
Good Pay, Good Management, Good Hours
Steel Worker (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON26 November 2012
3 week rotation, co workers were good to one another. Great pay. Was only hired as a temp so I kept getting laid off. Would of like to be a full time employee.