Salesfloor Employee Reviews

Culture continues to decline
EXECUTIVE TEAM LEADER (Current Employee) –  Medford, NY7 February 2019
The opportunity to learn and to develop others used to be omnipresent. Recent culture changes have all but eliminated that. 65 hr weeks. Constant communication issues within the store.
Pros
diverse
Cons
culture
Busy
Assist any guest/customer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX20 February 2018
I was located at the Target in memorial city mall . This Target was always busy because it was one apart of the mall and also Target always had sales .
Pros
Very Friendly
Cons
rude managment
Great Entry Level Salesfloor position
Visual Merchandising, Human Resources Front End (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OH17 February 2018
Great place to acquire customer service skills and retail operation knowledge. Opportunity to cross train and acquire knowledge of different departments. Retail hours vary widely and often require closing and opening the store with less than 8 hours off. Holidays and weekend hours are required.
Pros
Cross Training opportunities, 401K
Cons
close and open shifts, holiday and weekend required
great company
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MO20 December 2016
Worked at target my highschool years. Great environment. Respected children with school schedules. Never tried to over work. great benefits. Best for students just starting out.
Fun, fast, friendly!
Clerical/Salesfloor (Former Employee) –  Fishers, IN11 December 2015
Giving great guest service while juggling multiple duties such as stocking, zoning (straightening area), cashiering, helping guests. Enjoyed fast pace and fun atmosphere along with working as a team to accomplish our goals.
Cross functional work environment
EXECUTIVE TEAM LEADER (Current Employee) –  Napa, CA25 July 2015
Good corporation that gives young and eager professionals a great opportunity to gain management experience. This allows the management to become familiar with customer service, working in a team atmosphere, as well as a a lot of potential to promote within the company if performing well. At times the job can be very demanding and can limit the work life balance, however that is expected for anyone working in retail management. Overall, a fun and supportive team work environment.
Target Review
Cashier, Backroom, Instocks (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, GA20 March 2015
Your average day at this company consists of a very comfortable environment with caring leaders and team. The hardest part of working here is the pay. No matter what you know how to do, you will still be making the same amount of money as your co worker who knows one area.
It is a fun place to work and taught me a lot over the last 15 years
Senior Team Leader (Target) (Former Employee) –  Rockford Illinois31 December 2014
A typical day for me at Target with this job depending what my shift was for the day. When I was LOD (Leader on duty), I ran the store for the shift which you made the decisions for the day and if I was not LOD I worked in my department and ensured that my daily tasks were completed. I had to think strategically when I was in both areas to ensure that all the tasks were completed and done correctly. The hardest part of this job was keeping and equal balance between running the store and keeping my departments green at all times. The most enjoyable part of my job was the team since I had worked with them for so many years, we were a family. The guest were also enjoyable since you were helping to create memories for them when they came into to locate something specifically.
Working in retail stores.
Assist customers (Current Employee) –  Edina, MN13 August 2014
Typical day is to go into the store. Go up to a teamleader or owner of the building to find out what needs to be done that I am able to work on. I learned that everyday is a new day. everyday has a new challenge that needs to be accomplish in-order for a business and customers relationship stay strong. Co-workers are your best friend they are in the same situation you are in. We must help each other in-order to help our guests meet their needs and wants. By doing so they company makes more money, which later on the employees get better salary or benefits down the road. The hardest part of the job is to make every guest happy. You get those who leaves the store very happy and there is those who walk out unhappy which sometime ends up losing a customer. The most enjoyable part is to help guests find what they need and or want and to work well with other employees. By doing so working at the store you work at becomes more easier to work in.
Pros
working with guests, having multiple breaks.
Cons
giving a co-worker more tasks than he or she can handle.
Decent workplace for new workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lodi, ca28 May 2014
The work itself was a bit tedious, i actually enjoyed it a lot more when the store was busy.
Pros
nice lunch breaks, easy work, easy cash registers to use
Cons
irregular work schedules
Most enjoyable part of the job
Executive Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GA25 March 2014
Dealing with a diverse group of team members and guests on a daily basis. This is what keeps the job fresh on a daily basis.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
long hours and working holidays
enjoyable vibe at work, fare working conditions.
HARDLINES ASSOCIATE - TARGET (Current Employee) –  stockton, ca6 December 2013
job at target is fun and reasonable. the people are nice although the management constantly changes, the store has gone through 4 store managers in the past 3 years. the hardest part of your job is making sure all the guests you interact with is happy and satisfied. which is not hard at all. sometimes the expectations of the number of tasks the store leaders want you to complete on your job are far too demanding considering how much your paid, bottom tier.
Pros
nice people, food in break room
Cons
too demanding, consistant management change
was a fun work place to have in high school
Cart Attendant (Former Employee) –  lilburn ga28 October 2013
cooked and prepped food for customers had to make sure food was prepared to the right temp and specs for osha and food critics
Pros
was making good money to be in high school
working at Target
Zoning/reshop/operator (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NC17 September 2013
it has its pros and cons. the people here are nice and friendly, but the work you do is so not worth the pay and hard work we do.
Fun job
Help assist (Former Employee) –  Lombard, IL24 May 2013
This was a fun job helping customers and assisting them. The most enjoyable part of the job was going to work because all my friends worked there also, so it was like going over to a friends house.
Good place to start your work career
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Napoli, CAM14 May 2013
Like they say you have to start from the bottom to rise to the top.
Help all who needed assistance
Being able to assist customers throughout store (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, AL17 February 2013
Make and deliver food
Keep area clean
Make sure displays were set up properly
awful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Morgan Hill, Ca9 February 2013
Terrible hours, lousy employers, would not recommend to anyone. Executives sit in office and play around on facebook, while you are stuck taking care of customers, cleaning messes, all while being told youre inefficient
Cons
everything
Nice company
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Marquette, MI1 December 2012
Nice company to work for. Really cares about employees. Really liked most of my co workers and I got employee of the month my second month there.
Busy and Productive
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TX20 November 2012
Everyday at work, i started by cleaning up my area to begin stocking. i assisted customers as well and returned to original duty. Working as salesfloor, I learned that the busier you are, the better you feel at the end of the day. My co-workers were also very busy and kept busy during their tasks. The hardest part of the job was unloading and pulling pallets from trailers. The most enjoyable part of my work was that me staying busy made a 12 hour shift seem like part time.
Pros
great discounts, raises
Cons
short lunch