Saks Fifth Avenue

Saks Fifth Avenue Employee Reviews

After one day of company orientation I was put to work without any further instruction thr next day. I hadn't been shown how or where to clock in, which is an issue but I made sure that was rectified at the end of my shift. It was a little disorienting to be sure, but I felt more comfortable the second shift. Expect to work hard no matter what department you're in, but I have to say the team I'm working with are friendly, helpful and made me feel welcomed and at home.
Pros
They are insistent about taking your breaks, friendly environment
Cons
Hard work, little instruction
Working at Saks of fifth is amazing because of the very good manager who is a friendly and understandable person. Next, the employers are so polite which they are working together as an excellent family.
It's really a shame because Saks has such a reputation as a luxury giant. But it's parent HBC ruined it since day 1. I'd never recommend working there
Pros
Discount
Cons
Toxic environment and very stressful. Very demanding and senior management are awful people that only care about themselves. This company is operated horribly - run!
Too many chiefs and not enough Indians were certain staff here. Some ladies in cosmetics were wonderful to work with, however, some were very plastic and false. The management two were very kind and helpful whereas the other was very unprofessional and unapproachable with the issues that arise quite frequently in store.
Pros
Great selection of luxury goods
Cons
Poor management
Would never recommend anyone to work at this Saks location. The turnover for management was incredible and there was zero job stability. Not a great place to work for your mental health.
It's dead and they push you to make people to sign up for credit cards and buy awful outfits. Which then gets taken back and out of your commission. I was doing a lot of ordering work and still only making minimum wage.
Plain and simple , the culture is pure retail and filled with noisy children. Some will help you and want to help you succeed but over all it's an all or nothing, fend for yourself culture.
It was fun working here. I genuinely had fun. Enjoyed work culture. Enjoyed it. Management went through a lot of changes. The manager who hired me was amazing. Then we had none. Then the next one who came was a bit nuts. Control freak. No fun was had. She had never been a manager either. I think she was trying to prove a lot to people because the power trip was very REAL! Then all upper management was fired. I left to pursue an office job as the pay was better. Work place culture was the best I have had in my career though, I love fashion people :)
There’s a lot of issues with working for this company. The only perks are employee discounts but otherwise don’t waste ur time. And they always have issues with paying employees on time and in full.
Fast-pace and productive environment, keeps you busy with tasks to do throughout the entire shift. The support role encourages strengthening time management skills. Overall work environment is pleasant and positive, however finding new staff seems to be quite a long process.
No one has any idea what is going on the operations side of the business. The people you reach out to at corporate, the vendors and executive management onsite, are so disorganized and incompetent it makes ones work almost impossible. At every turn they are unable to provide you with any sort of answer or direction regarding the constant state of crisis that their lack of business and social acumen have created. Employment with this organization can only be described as an abject waste of time.
Loud and noisy workplace. Heavy workload. Requires patience dealing with customers. Constant re-shelving and restocking of goods, checking ticket prices and inconsistent sales information.
Saks is a good place to work, managers are great. Some of the benefits are great. Fellow employees are amazing! Great team work. Always a manager available to help.
Pros
Discount and other staff members
Cons
Mall hours
very competitive but positive place to work with, we had goals and high end costumers to keep up with quality and excellence. amazing managers who would assist how to deal with daily quests and give us authority to make our own solution based on delivery what's best to the client.
Desperate Managers with no high end retail experience that will do anything to keep their jobs. If you are not Chinese and on WeChat this is not the place for you. How can you compete against sales to China. Impossible. This Calgary location is fronting as a retail store in a mall when in actuality it is wear housing merchandise to be shipped to China. This atore should be in a totally different tax bracket but no one in the company will say anything. As long as the money from WeChat keeps the doors open that is ALL they care about.
They have absolutely no clue what they are doing in Canada. The management is horribly trained and senior management never consider good people that already work in the store for advancement, they always bring in new talent who never last longer than a year. The department I was in had 7 managers in 3 years and they never once considered taking anyone from the floor who have been there since the store opened.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Pay
Work colleagues stealing your customers and sales .. it’s based upon WE CHAT and favouritism The business will go under sooner or later unfortunately for Calgary and us workers .. however be forewarned ..
Lack of work/life balance Terrible managment No work ethics Lack of learning opportunities Lack of employee growth - No clear plan for the future No tools to achieve company expectations
Pros
Cons
long hours, high turn over, no culture, no respect to peers, lack of respect from management
Good benefit but very messy for the management working time is very fixable, I have been very self-motive coworkers are team players and handy most of the time
Saks only has 3 stores Canada-widely. There is no inventory system in Canada but it does in States. work-life balance relax working environment payment is fair upon work load
  1. Employee reviews