Saje Natural Wellness Employee Reviews

great place to work vibrant staff and community members
wellness advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 October 2018
great overall place to be employed, always feel motivated and welcome to introduce more wellness into your own day to day, not to mention being able to share with others
Ensure Management is Positive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Alberta10 October 2018
When I was working way back before they started adding and changing their culture. It was very laid back, customer orientated, team was great (as long as management was both mentally and emotionally well).

There was no aggressiveness in sales. The team genuinely cared and listened to the clientele's concerns while sharing their knowledge about the products. Now it's like any other retailing place which is all about the money, no matter what they think or say, it all comes down to the sales which is how a business is.

I do agree with a lot of the current reviews that the culture is very intense, you will need to breathe, sleep, and wake up into the Saje culture - there isn't a choice. The culture means well and teaches you life changing/motivating lessons but for the pay, it isn't enough for you to take home with you.

The work environment really comes down to the Management Team. If the Store Manager is toxic, the store will not run well and you will not enjoy working there. Ensure that you are analyzing the Store Manager and interviewing them as well when you are getting interviewed before jumping onto the team.

For Saje as an overall company, before they can move forward and become a successful and healthy retailer, they'll need to reach back to their roots and tend to each of their stores in depth. A district manager can monitor and do so much. Encourage and teach your sales associate on how to document inappropriate management behavior, that way they feel like they are a valuable pillar to the company and not just a pawn to throw away.
Pros
Discounts, Team
Cons
Breaks are short, Negative Store Manager, Low Pay
Great products but terrible company organization
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 October 2018
A lot of within company and management problems you don't want to be a part of.

Otherwise a good place to meet like minded people interested in natural products and healthy living.
Pros
Free goodies, great discount, beautiful store
Cons
cult-like, lots of firing, made to work like on commission
I felt uncomfortable
Jr Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 September 2018
Product was amazing, it was really easy to sell and the customers loved me. The manager however did not, never attempted to talk to me or give me constructive feedback. I was let go without reason ( it was under the 3 months so it was in their right) I was regularly surpassing my sales goals and I was reliable. I felt like the manager never gave me a chance.
Pros
Great product, great discount
Cons
Management seemed snobby
Saje
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON7 August 2018
Saje is a really fun job.
If you like to build connections with your customers: then this is the job for you.
The job day can go by really quickly if you spend quite the time with a friendly customer, discovering what exactly the customer requires.
Pros
Friendly Staff and customers
Very highly disappointed
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 April 2018
Ive been a Saje customer since they first opened in Edmonton. Quite loyal. I spent a lot of money there so it only made sense to apply........i was extremely let down.

From the interview alone i felt quit set off. I was asked to pick a number between 1 and 10. I gave my answer and i got "thats very interesting"......okay?

The company is very cultish...extremely. the sales targets are unreachable and the pay is hilarious. Their whole coaching approach is wacked and leaves you feeling belittled.

Overall i didnt last long soley because i was just so disappointed. I expected more from Saje. I went in very excited and left feeling very defeated and turned off by the whole company. So much so i even stopped shopping there.

Figure it out Saje. Before your enviornment takes you down.
Pros
Nothing that made it worth the mental anguish
very wonderful
Shipper (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC12 April 2018
its very fun work i have learned a lot while working at saje management is awesome and super helpful their is no hard part of my job. My job is very f\multitasking and fast pace .
Too sales driven
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 March 2018
I love the company and the products but at the end of the day, it is a business that needs to make money and so working there is not for me. The pressure that they put on the employees to sell is too much.
Pros
I liked the check ins - made work feel more like a family
Cons
felt drained at the end of the day
Horrible managment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB24 February 2018
I only worked at Saje (Bower Mall, Red Deer) for two months because that is all I could handle. Management was incredibly catty and verbally put my down on many occasion. I had heard that they were a bad management team to work for but I figured I would give it a shot and it was the worst experience I have ever had.

Super nice to you one minute, super rude and degrading the next.

I would rather be poor and unemployed than work for this specific management team.

Absolutely LOVE saje as a company but I won't be shopping at this store ever again.
Pros
discount
Cons
not enough hours, catty management, rude to staff and customers
nice company to work with !
Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 January 2018
Strong company culture, nice people around.
check in every morning, yoga every afternoon, free snacks & lunch.
beautiful office site, fancy management team
Great company
Admin (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 December 2017
Great company culture. A company that truly cares about health and wellness of community members and employees. Big goals can be at the expense of work life balance however environment encourages open dialogue around this.
Pros
Plant based lunches, great company culture, open communication
Cons
Long hours, large work load, no overtime pay, rare to make bonus as based off of extremely high sales targets
Underpaying and Distressing on the mind
Management (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 November 2017
Lower than industry pay for retail management, excels in harbouring a gossip and clique kind of environment. There is 0 advancement, just added responsibilities that should be handled by superiors. Not worth your time or mental sanity. Horrid district management that relies on heresay as opposed to facts. Run as fast as you can!
Great coworkers and interesting culture, horrible management, decision making, and workload
Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 September 2017
Worked with great coworkers, appreciated the new age culture and efforts to improve working conditions. Great place to work if you are on the creative team but systemic dissatisfaction on the operational side. Executive team is completely disorganized, lack of technical knowledge, lack of planning. Unqualified leadership and decision makers. Volatile and unstable.
Pros
Food program, wellness program, discount
Cons
Management, Work Life Balance
Great environment with daily lunches and wellness events
Customer Experience Team Member (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 July 2017
Poor leadership in Customer Experience department . Growth is one of the companies core values however, growing outside of this department is not supported or encouraged. Company is 25 years old however, feels like it is a start up due to the way it is structured.
4 August 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Being a 25 year old company in growth mode can be challenging so we truly appreciate your feedback. As you said, #growth is one of our core values and we encourage all team members to carve out a path for their own growth, if you need more support in how to apply to opportunities outside of your department, please reach out to people@saje.com and we would be happy to help guide you through the process! – The Saje People Team

Productive workplace with opportunities for advancement
Team Leader/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 July 2017
Great place to work if you are seeking to advance quickly within the company. Lots of fun out of work opportunities and great team of people, including management.
4 August 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! It is great to hear that you have #joblove with Saje and thank you for being an integral part of our dream team!– The Saje People Team

Mixed feelings
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 June 2017
There is good and bad things about the company. Honestly, they think they are the best in this business, so they never create anything new, it is always the same thing. They always do a premium thing: if you purchase a certain amount you can get something for a certain amount and the pressure to sell this thing is ridiculous. If the head office thinks the store is not doing good enough, they drop by to teach the same thing all over again. Then, you have the mystery shoppers, who goes twice or three times every month! So, basically, you have to mention EVERYTHING, EVERYTIME for EVERYBODY, even if they are there to buy ONE soap. It can be pretty annoying.
The products are ridiculously expensive but employees have 50% discount, which is nice.
The management is lazy, they give their job for you to do and they get credit for it.
The company only think about growing and expanding and sometimes don't even have enough supply for one store! People are waiting for the body butters to be "reformulated" for almost a year and still nothing. Then, if you work on the floor, you have to be constantly apologizing for mistakes that the company makes and it is very embarrassing.
The good thing is that the girls are amazing to work with and very fun to be around.
The head office is very stubborn and sometimes they don't even talk to the people at the floor. For a wellness company, it seems they go completely against what they preach.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Low salary, nothing new, very lazy management, not wellness at all
4 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback with us, we are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed some of our perks, products and our awesome team members during your time with Saje. Positively Outrageous Customer Service is one of our brand promises and we understand how much of a commitment that is from our team members and we thank you for providing that Outrageous Customer Service to our community members. Feedback such as yours is important to us and will be considered as we continue to grow #SajeNation - The Saje People Team

Positive only to certain types of people
Health and Wellness Coach (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 May 2017
You have to be a certain type of person to work at a store like this. It appears to be very open-minded and open to every type of person, but if you are not peppy and smiling all the time you will not excel here. Scheduling is very inconsistent, hours were taken away without notice leaving many employees unable to pay their bills. You would think wellness would come first in a company such as this but management did not support their staff well when it came to their mental or physical health. An old coworker of mine was told she could not take a 5 minute break when having a panic attack due to work related incidents, then a member of management proceeded to tell her she was "f***ed up". When incidents such as this were brought to the attention of someone higher up, it was not taken seriously. Overall, I enjoyed the staff that I got the chance to work with here, but the management ultimately made me leave. This company shows very cult-like behaviours including exclusion or unfair treatment of specific personality types (yes, they type your personality upon applying), strange rituals that are irrelevant to the workplace, and a condescending CEO that was nearly worshipped.
Cons
Management is lacking.
4 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, it is great to hear that you enjoyed working with the team and community members. If you are open to sharing some more details around your experience we would love to dig in a little deeper – you can reach us at people@saje.com. - The Saje People Team

Growth based and relaxed store with amazing values
Junior Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 April 2017
It's a pretty high traffic store with a very happy team on board who are encouraged to be as outrageous and helpful to everybody as possible. It is a rather relaxed atmosphere where we are encouraged to spend our downtime in discussion about personal growth or on the topic of our store values. The company is very focused on the growth and goal setting of its team members, although management is not really involved in helping anyone who may be struggling with anything job related.
The hardest part of the job is maintaining any status achieved, since any mistakes or lapses can be regarded and recorded quite heavily, making growth a difficult thing at times.
The best part of the job is how encouraged we are to be authentic with everyone and to create deep and genuine connection with our customers. I have had the opportunity now to make several friends through this customer service.
Pros
Very deeply rooted culture, amazing customer service
Cons
Poor management, very little support system in place
4 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, #wellness & #growth are two of our core values and it is amazing to hear that this has been meaningful to you. We understand and appreciate how being part of a rapidly growing business can be tough at times so we thank you for being authentic, connecting with our community members and providing Outrageous Customer Service. - The Saje People Team

Toxic Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario4 April 2017
This place is not all what it seems. From the outside the company appears to be a business focused on health and wellness and the growth of its people (that's what they tell you anyway..). However, it is an extremely toxic work environment. They essentially brainwash you into conforming to their radical ideals of what health and wellness should be. And for a company that preaches about growing its employees, there is ZERO room for growth and development.
The products are fantastic, the discount is 50%, and you have the opportunity to learn A LOT about essential oils and aromatherapy. However, the job just isn't worth the stress. Save yourself some therapy and find another place to work.
Pros
Health benefits, products, employee discount
Cons
No work/life balance, preachy culture, no room for advancement
4 August 2017

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us. We are delighted to hear that you love the products as much as we do and that you enjoyed the employee perks! Many of our team members have started their careers with Saje and found space and opportunity to advance within the organization, and we would encourage any team members interesting in new opportunities to reach out to people@saje.com for some guidance on how to apply. Thank you again for your feedback and we will take it into consideration as we continue to grow #SajeNation - The Saje People Team

Positive and great wellness job
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Westboro, ON27 February 2017
A typical day at work includes providing good quality customer service based on the customers needs. This may include providing them with a remedy option to help them with the problems they are experiencing. Also includes helping people on cash, administrative duties and closing and auditing at the end of the day.
4 August 2017

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us, your summary of a typical day at Saje is insightful! We are delighted to hear that you are enjoying your experience at Saje and thank you for being a part of a dream team!- The Saje People Team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saje Natural Wellness. Our community is ready to answer.

Saje Natural Wellness Reviews by Location