Saje Natural Wellness Employee Reviews

Unprofessional and Cliquey
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 March 2019
Saje wants everyone to believe they are this company that cares for their employees and everyone’s wellness but don’t believe the facade. I’ve seen people who have been with the company for years be let go after a change in management. No notice, just immediate dismissal for “no longer meeting the Saje values” or “the relationship is no longer mutually beneficial”.
Management are unhelpful and detached from staff. If you’re looking to “grow” within the company you’d better be ready to be best friends with the district manager, otherwise you’ll be promised promotions that never happen as you watch people hired after you move up. It really is a joke of a company. Hours get cut if you don’t have above average KPIs and no one attempts to warm or coach you, they just “schedule you out”. Terrible employee standards. Saje really needs an HR department. Would not recommend working here at all, unless you are a manipulative sociopath, then you’ll fit right in 😊
Pros
50 % discount
Cons
Competitive, Fake, Long Hours, Low Pay, No Commission, No Advancement Opportunites
Unacceptable
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee) –  Guildford, BC6 March 2019
I was hired on by this company as a seasonal hire, and luckily was kept on post the Christmas season of 2017. I have to say while working here I really did enjoy helping people in the best way I could by tailoring their experience with the variety of products. Approximately 8 months after my official hire date, and well past my three month probation, I was approached by the management team and told I was no longer welcome to work at this company. Prior to this, I had received no write ups, no verbal warnings, no reprimands whatsoever. The management team at this time was completely unprofessional and my reasons for termination were "that it was no longer beneficial for me to be working there any longer".
I do not recommend this company for anyone to work for. Management doesn't help you "grow" within the company or within your store itself. It was a terribly disappointing experience and I would hate to see anyone go through what I went through while working here.
Amazing place to work, fun people, great benefits
VISUAL MERCHANDISING (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 December 2018
Cool office environment that is calming and fun! Management was difficult to work with and get answers from and was very distracted. Overall a positive place to work.
Pros
Free lunch, great discrount
Cons
Unpredictable work environment
it was okay
Full Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK17 December 2018
I felt really underappreciated and my manager was bullying me a lot. would have really liked for the culture to be stronger. I felt sad a lot like I was hated, to be quite honest. i worked very hard and felt extremely underappreciated
Great culture, but your success depends on the management team
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 December 2018
I've worked with the company for four years and loved most of my time there. When my original (amazing) manager went on maternity leave, I had three temporary managers whom were on contracts. My entire team had quit at one point because they didn't agree with the management and didn't want to deal with the drama of bringing on yet another new manager, yet I was stuck in the position due to school. Now that I have graduated, I can't wait to start my career and take off for the hills running from this nightmare.

The current management team at the store is very cliquey and power-hungry; their inexperience is showing through their actions and words towards team members. And they'll threaten to take away your hours or send you home early if you're not always feeling and acting 10/10. Honestly, during my first couple years, Saje has helped me grow as a person with their culture, but the current management team has their eyes focused solely on numbers and not on team member wellness, work/life balance, and caring for the financial security of their staff. You work way too hard for what the company will pay you, and poor management won't fight for you to be paid any differently (no matter how long you've worked there).

After being there for four years, I still have very little respect from anybody in the company and feel degraded, especially since I'm still making only minimum wage.
Pros
the culture and enneagram allow for personal growth, good products, good discount
Cons
insufficient break time, bad management, long hours, poor wage for the amount of knowledge required, almost every team member has a mental illness, high stress job, VERY cult-like
Horrible company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 December 2018
For a company that promotes health, wellness, and peace this company goes completely against that. In their contracts, they put that they can fire their employees even past probation with no reason. Horrible and immature management, lots of fake people, disorganized. I'd rather be poor and homeless than work for this company.
Pros
Cons
Many
fun workplace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC5 December 2018
The work was generally easy and the best part is the culture. The people are great and work cohesively. Not too much heavy lifting, involves lots of standing in one place doing easy repetitive tasks.
great place to work vibrant staff and community members
wellness advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 October 2018
great overall place to be employed, always feel motivated and welcome to introduce more wellness into your own day to day, not to mention being able to share with others
Ensure Management is Positive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Alberta10 October 2018
When I was working way back before they started adding and changing their culture. It was very laid back, customer orientated, team was great (as long as management was both mentally and emotionally well).

There was no aggressiveness in sales. The team genuinely cared and listened to the clientele's concerns while sharing their knowledge about the products. Now it's like any other retailing place which is all about the money, no matter what they think or say, it all comes down to the sales which is how a business is.

I do agree with a lot of the current reviews that the culture is very intense, you will need to breathe, sleep, and wake up into the Saje culture - there isn't a choice. The culture means well and teaches you life changing/motivating lessons but for the pay, it isn't enough for you to take home with you.

The work environment really comes down to the Management Team. If the Store Manager is toxic, the store will not run well and you will not enjoy working there. Ensure that you are analyzing the Store Manager and interviewing them as well when you are getting interviewed before jumping onto the team.

For Saje as an overall company, before they can move forward and become a successful and healthy retailer, they'll need to reach back to their roots and tend to each of their stores in depth. A district manager can monitor and do so much. Encourage and teach your sales associate on how to document inappropriate management behavior, that way they feel like they are a valuable pillar to the company and not just a pawn to throw away.
Pros
Discounts, Team
Cons
Breaks are short, Negative Store Manager, Low Pay
Great products but terrible company organization
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 October 2018
A lot of within company and management problems you don't want to be a part of.

Otherwise a good place to meet like minded people interested in natural products and healthy living.
Pros
Free goodies, great discount, beautiful store
Cons
cult-like, lots of firing, made to work like on commission
I felt uncomfortable
Jr Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 September 2018
Product was amazing, it was really easy to sell and the customers loved me. The manager however did not, never attempted to talk to me or give me constructive feedback. I was let go without reason ( it was under the 3 months so it was in their right) I was regularly surpassing my sales goals and I was reliable. I felt like the manager never gave me a chance.
Pros
Great product, great discount
Cons
Management seemed snobby
Saje
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON7 August 2018
Saje is a really fun job.
If you like to build connections with your customers: then this is the job for you.
The job day can go by really quickly if you spend quite the time with a friendly customer, discovering what exactly the customer requires.
Pros
Friendly Staff and customers
Very highly disappointed
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 April 2018
Ive been a Saje customer since they first opened in Edmonton. Quite loyal. I spent a lot of money there so it only made sense to apply........i was extremely let down.

From the interview alone i felt quit set off. I was asked to pick a number between 1 and 10. I gave my answer and i got "thats very interesting"......okay?

The company is very cultish...extremely. the sales targets are unreachable and the pay is hilarious. Their whole coaching approach is wacked and leaves you feeling belittled.

Overall i didnt last long soley because i was just so disappointed. I expected more from Saje. I went in very excited and left feeling very defeated and turned off by the whole company. So much so i even stopped shopping there.

Figure it out Saje. Before your enviornment takes you down.
Pros
Nothing that made it worth the mental anguish
very wonderful
Shipper (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC12 April 2018
its very fun work i have learned a lot while working at saje management is awesome and super helpful their is no hard part of my job. My job is very f\multitasking and fast pace .
Too sales driven
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 March 2018
I love the company and the products but at the end of the day, it is a business that needs to make money and so working there is not for me. The pressure that they put on the employees to sell is too much.
Pros
I liked the check ins - made work feel more like a family
Cons
felt drained at the end of the day
Horrible managment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB24 February 2018
I only worked at Saje (Bower Mall, Red Deer) for two months because that is all I could handle. Management was incredibly catty and verbally put my down on many occasion. I had heard that they were a bad management team to work for but I figured I would give it a shot and it was the worst experience I have ever had.

Super nice to you one minute, super rude and degrading the next.

I would rather be poor and unemployed than work for this specific management team.

Absolutely LOVE saje as a company but I won't be shopping at this store ever again.
Pros
discount
Cons
not enough hours, catty management, rude to staff and customers
nice company to work with !
Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 January 2018
Strong company culture, nice people around.
check in every morning, yoga every afternoon, free snacks & lunch.
beautiful office site, fancy management team
Great company
Admin (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 December 2017
Great company culture. A company that truly cares about health and wellness of community members and employees. Big goals can be at the expense of work life balance however environment encourages open dialogue around this.
Pros
Plant based lunches, great company culture, open communication
Cons
Long hours, large work load, no overtime pay, rare to make bonus as based off of extremely high sales targets
Underpaying and Distressing on the mind
Management (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 November 2017
Lower than industry pay for retail management, excels in harbouring a gossip and clique kind of environment. There is 0 advancement, just added responsibilities that should be handled by superiors. Not worth your time or mental sanity. Horrid district management that relies on heresay as opposed to facts. Run as fast as you can!
Great coworkers and interesting culture, horrible management, decision making, and workload
Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 September 2017
Worked with great coworkers, appreciated the new age culture and efforts to improve working conditions. Great place to work if you are on the creative team but systemic dissatisfaction on the operational side. Executive team is completely disorganized, lack of technical knowledge, lack of planning. Unqualified leadership and decision makers. Volatile and unstable.
Pros
Food program, wellness program, discount
Cons
Management, Work Life Balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saje Natural Wellness. Our community is ready to answer.