Saint Thomas Hospital Employee Reviews

Great organization, supportive management, good benefits, fair salaries
Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN2 February 2018
Wonderful organization, rewarding role, learned a great deal conducting clinical trials in neurology and cardiology. Collaborative work environment with supportive management.
Pros
Benefits, salary, rewarding role
Cons
lack of advancement opportunities
Busy pace (good), somewhat fair.
CPhT Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN 372051 February 2018
The hospital is a nice hospital. I don't think they should've partnered with Ascension Health because it makes thehiring process harder than it has to be. Ascension works backwards, background checks should be done before you give someone the job. No room for advancement.
Pros
nice place to work overall
Cons
alot of different personalities.
Typical Work place Environment
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Current Employee) –  Tennessee19 December 2017
Two of the locations are low key, busy moments but also downtime. The third location is your typical work environment. Some people do more work than others, drama, pretty steady. I like that you stay pretty busy, but it seems the processes change on a daily basis so it is frustrating.
Love working there
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN4 October 2017
I loved working here it was the longest job I ever worked was there four nine years had a few different mangers some were fair some not but over all great place to work
Pros
Good job
Cons
Good lunch breaks
very rewarding but often high stress
RN Heart Transplant Coordinator/LVAD Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN25 September 2017
A typical day of workday here could start of slow or very fast paced dependent upon the situation. Management changed for the worse overall. Staff included many strong minded nurses trying to work together. Most enjoyable part of this job was being a part of "saving a life"
Pros
rewarding feeling when a part of "saving a life"
Cons
decline in managment and increase workload
Nothing much to say
Medical Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN11 August 2017
I was laid off of a job that cut my hours, and sent me home in the same weeks, my pay check was so small, that I had to get a part time job. My dept was great and so were the people...once the Nuns quit running St Thomas it plumaged.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
A lot of them
lovely place to work
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN7 August 2017
This place is a wonderful place to work. There are lots of benefits for working for this place. Staff was very friendly and productive. The atmosphere was great. I really enjoyed working this here. If I could have stayed there I would be still employed.
Pros
promotion
Cons
lay-offs occurs
productive
Dietary/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Centerville, TN29 June 2017
Wonderful people to work with at the Hickman location. Sometimes can be fast paced and stressfull. Most days are fairly relaxed. Team work is a big part of their goal. Room to move around and learn new skills.
Pros
Friendly, Educational
Review will not be useful
Critical Care Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN12 March 2017
I know St. Thomas has changed a lot since I worked there so I don't think my experience 6 years ago is relevant. Decent job as a new grad, just didn't like what I was doing so I left.
productive, caring place to work
Patient Sitter (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TN1 March 2017
I learned different ways how to deal with complicated people with many different issues that they are having to deal with in their lives.
Pros
recieve recognition of service occassionally
Cons
non that I know of
It was an okay place to work at
CATERING ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TN1 February 2017
Management could've been better. Patients were good for the most part. Nurses and doctors were all very nice. Food was the best part of the job honestly.
not a friendly environment
Oncology Charge Entry Registrar (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TN30 January 2017
Management is very poor, no people skills whats so ever. They will make you feel isolated and like you don't belong there. So much work not enough time to complete it, underpaying and high turnover in most departments.
enjoyable workplace
Mammographer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN14 January 2017
everything good about this place, No complaints at all. was nice to work at both units, change of pace. nice and friendly co workers.
Both screening and diagnostic exams covered
Professional Job Experience
(Dietary) Customer Service Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  Nashville Tennessee28 June 2016
providing excellent customer service to those who are in need of assistance wig making healthy nutritious meals choices ect.
Pros
very professional experience
Cons
none available
interesting surgeries
Registered Nurse, Operating Room (Former Employee) –  Akron, OH26 February 2016
Typical day would be 3-4 orthopedic cases, ranging from spine to total joints. Able to communicate with patients, at least for a short time!
Pros
wide variety of surgeries
Cons
no advancement
Good Environment
Certified Nuclear Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TN12 January 2016
Great work and positive environment
and I am proud to say that work at Saint Thomas West Hospital and would recommend the employment to anyone.
Telecommunications
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN18 July 2015
This was the first telecommunications job I have had and I must say that I enjoyed it. It is a nice place to work. The people are great.
Manager left much to be desired
Emergency Department RN (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN19 April 2015
Pompous docs and overbearing management. Administration had a hard time deducing why satisfaction numbers dropped shortly after each staffing cut back.
Fun and family orientated and good coworkers. The patience was very friendly Management was very understanding and friendly
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN13 January 2015
Loved this place. Feels like a second home
Patient Care Technician Clinicals (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN16 December 2014
Went here for CNA classes, I;d give anything to go back here to work or just be a student, I actually miss it here.
Pros
My nursing instructor, help me overcome many things.