Saint Paul University

Saint Paul University Employee Reviews

Canada7 reviews
I loved working at my university and making connections with the professors. It was a great experience to gain both study and work experience at the same time.
Bonne ambiance de travaille, chaleureux et optimiste
Excellent experience in conducting research and collecting data through library research and other specific methodology. I enjoyed the every part of the job as I was very enthusiastic about it!
The biggest draw for working at Saint Paul is the students. There is a rich diversity of students that attend Saint Paul which enriches the classroom experience. The university is struggling to update itself in terms of curriculum delivery, however this is a struggle most institutions of higher education are facing today. So while there is a considerable investment in technology and enhancing the learning experience, it is still a work in progress.
Pros
academic freedom, small class size, diverse student population, innovation in education usually encouraged
Cons
bilingual imperative, low pay, core courses moving to lower paid online format
I did my second master at the University and was given the opportunity to work with the program administrator. This internal job gave me the opportunity to refine my skills
A busy workplace which is a fine place build and develop client service skills. As a small educational institution opportunities abound to learn and develop you skills.
The Faculty is friendly allowing for opportunities to learn beyond your scope of work.

With a more mature and international student body, students tend to be very focused on their studies and future.

The Counselling Centre is one of the oldest in Ottawa.
Pros
Best cafeteria in town.
Cons
The work tempo can be hectic.
Values are of the utmost importance: social justice, transparence, spirituality.

Collaboration between all services is very much encouraged
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Saint Paul University?