Saint Elizabeth Employee Reviews

Good entry-level opportunity
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 December 2017
Pros: Wide range of clients, lots of learning opportunities, lots of hours, great staff.
Cons: Limited growth, below average salary for RN, bad work-life balance, dishonesty about workplace, scheduling conflicts.
Excellent place to meet amazing clients
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON22 November 2017
My time with Saint Elizabeth was very wonderful. I met amazing coworkers as well as clients. I went through some medical complications during my 3 years of employment here. Not only were they understanding and gave me time I needed, they were there for support in any way they possibly could be. Although remaining completely professional there was a sense of home and family and coziness. You were required to keep a company phone and tablet on you to document - which was excellent for charting and keeping track of clients needs and what they are or are not receiving daily from the staff that goes to see them. I was also without a license for a very long time and they accommodated me still. They made sure I could go into retirement homes and have enough clients in there to make a full time schedule. They were extremely flexible and always tried to work with the staff.
Pros
great coworkers, amazing clients, flexible schedule, every other weekend off
Cons
after hours support was not much help most days
Big company, very disconnected with each dept
Community Visiting Nurse (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON2 November 2017
I joined the company when it just opened a new office and had several new supervisors promoted so it was hectic and very disorganized. I feel that the orientation was severely lacking. I didn't get the promised two weeks of orientation, all they did was go over a couple of the modules that we were already assigned to complete independently and did not cover other important topics such as how to report to the lhin, etc. Everything was pushed onto the preceptors to show us but really, when they're scheduled a full day of clients already how much time can they spend training a new hire on administrative stuff that should have been covered during the classroom orientation?

There isn't much of a work life balance. If you are marked available for a particular day, they expect you to be available for the whole day and will regularly add more clients to your schedule without informing you. Easily go beyond 12 hours on the road just to get to everyone because you are not allowed to decline new clients and the coordinators don't care if you need to get home or have other appointments. They brag about how you can create your own schedule and be flexible in your timing but no, not really. A lot of clients are timed visits, which means they need the service at a particular time so you will find yourself driving from one edge of the city to the other with no breathing space.
Pros
Work independently, free uniform
Cons
mileage compensation lacking, rude coordinators, low pay, non-unionized
Rewarding job helping people
Home Support Worker/Companion/Sitter (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON Cobourg and Port Colborne11 October 2017
Rewarding job helping people...if you truly want to help, care and make a difference this will be the job for you...every day was different, daily tasks ever changing
Organized
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Toronto6 October 2017
Working with the company is great. The representatives are also available to contact as a resource and connect you further as needed, when needed. A very professional company, I look forward to working with them further.
Excellent career choice.if you are in it for the right reasons.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Niagara, ON4 September 2017
I love my job, pay could be better but I'm in it for helping people. Great team work and communication most of the time. Other psw will usually tell you about client if you ask. Having a tablet is amazing. Love having a uniform.
Clients are great
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  South Huron, ON30 August 2017
Clients are great to work with and the flexibility is awesome. The communication between workers and head office needs work. Benefits after 3 months for part-time full-time. 2 week vacation available with no waiting period.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Lack of communication
interesting work
PSW (Former Employee) –  Clinton, ON23 July 2017
was interesting and always doing something different but no enough hours at that time they were a new company at that time and they just didnt have enough clients yet to make it worth my time to be driving around from town to town and not get paid for gas ,only to do an hour or two of work
Stressful Environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON5 July 2017
It's a very fast paced environment and you have to work well under stress.

Management is good and fair.

The most difficult part of the job is trying to get your tasks done in a timely fashion while managing phone calls. Patients or patients family calling should be top priority however with this position, there is so much more than just managing the phone calls which are also equally as important. Also, if a team member is off and there is no coverage, we are left to manage their tasks as well. This makes for a very stressful day.
Pros
Assisting patients and patient's family over the phone, free lunches, celebrating Christmas, Halloween, St. Patricks day with pot lucks etc.
Cons
The work load can be overwhelming.
Lots of driveing
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON20 June 2017
As with all in home care you must travel form client to client. you will have very little face to face contact with your co-workers or managers.They do however supply you with a work phone.
Pros
they supply your work phone
Cons
long and inconsistat hours
Not Pleasant
Home Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON21 April 2017
Saint Elizabeth is a client comes first family last type of organization. Yes, it is important to do your job effectively as I always did. But, when life kicks into high gear, family comes first. But, not with Saint Elizabeth.

Also forced employees to work long hours, starting at 630am and then requiring you to work at least 1 to 2 late nights as well.
Good people, Good Work
Assist clients (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON15 April 2017
A great place to work with fun people and great activities outside of the work. Office/support staff are friendly and helpful. Lots of chances for career advancement.
Pros
Lots of Work Perks, Benefits.
Cons
Technical Issues with thier technology
Great job bad company
Community Shift Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 March 2017
Great starting job. There is lots of work but little skill utilization or job advances. Management and Payroll is MIA most of the time. Easy job with lots of kids involved.
Great Environment
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ON21 January 2017
i enjoyed my job , but always felt like I didn't have enough time with each person i was supporting ! It was a nice change in my career to experience the community support system ! Hours were good but slowly would decrease !
Great place to work with for canadian healthcare
Helpdesk and IT support (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON16 December 2016
Every day is a challenged to support hope and happiness, you will never get the same routine, you will learn something new everyday!!! The management has provided supports and guidance for your career development. Your Co-works are very friendly and family oriented environment.
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 November 2016
Great place to work with good people. Typical office admin work with call center vibe. Management is great and they do acknowledge the workers. The only downside is the compensation does not match the responsibilities given. Lowest pay compared to competitors but the relaxed environment makes up for it.
Pros
Cons
Pay
Great place to work!
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON20 July 2016
The clients are very nice and you feel appreciated. The most enjoyable part is meeting new people and getting to help them.
Cons
Using gas and mileage on car
Take your chances elsewhere
Student (Former Employee) –  BC29 June 2016
Absolutely better off elsewhere. The management is terrible and the stability is non existent. They are a pop up and won't be around long
Unprofessional
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON1 June 2016
The company is not professional.
They look for someone who can work for 3-5 people and expect to pay a junior salary for this. Expectations how much work is required to complete the project are completely unrealistic.
Twist their own contract commitments - be very cautious before signing anything with them, better ask to include what you want into the contract.
Cons
pay well below market, unrealistic expectations
Rewarding work
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 May 2016
I found this work to be very rewarding, I worked in palliative care and knowing that I could make one person feel better for one day or even one week, made me happy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saint Elizabeth. Our community is ready to answer.