Saint Elizabeth Health Care Employee Reviews

Yes Saint Elizabeth is a very productive place to work
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto Central10 July 2018
At Saint Elizabeth PSW's not only do patient care we also do delegations. I was fortunate to be a part of the delegation team. I had enjoyed what I did as a PSW at Saint Elizabeth.
Pros
No free lunch was provided
Cons
hours fluctuated from time to time.
The company respects individual opinions, human dignities and culture. They are productive in management, upgrade staff in training and wellness.
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 July 2018
Punctuality/ upgrading staff is priority. Working environment is excellent. Staff opinion, dignity, wellness, and culture of staff are fully respected.
Great Culture & work life balance
MDM Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON21 June 2018
Culture is great and I enjoy coming into the office but have the option to work from home.

Benefits could be better but they are average.

Strong team that has each others backs.

Working for a great cause.
Great place to learn
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 June 2018
When I first started, my supervisor was the go to and the helped me settle find what I was good at and helped me grow into the PSW I am today. I take pride in my work and my learning. She tries to get to know you and build on your needs.

Great place to learn as there is always an opportunity during team meeting and workshops. The hours are usually great but the coordination needs work. The supervisor is very helpful and is available even in off hours which is great for us working outside of business hours. If coordination was better I think our team would excel and our supervisor would not have to put out so many fires. 5 steps forward and 3 back with this current coordinator. I can see that there is way too much work at times but then come the late night emails to let us know she is still with us. Sometimes they can be annoying but I appreciate them.

The best thing about working here is the clients. The variety of clients is great and there is always support to help you with difficult clients. The answer may not come today but it does come.

If you need a supportive team, colleagues, preceptors and supervisor management- this is the place to be.
Pros
team meeting, support of management, recognition, colleagues
Cons
pay, work life balance at times
Multiple things wrong with this agency
PSW (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 June 2018
The clients are wonderful, the people who work there are great, however, you are very much a number to this company. Full time hours are unavailable and job advancement is completely nonexistent. The management I had, was okay for the most parts, but the little things people complained about were too great for the job done.
Pros
Great clients
Cons
Split shifts, poor management & Forgetful HR
Lots of driving
Visiting Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON7 June 2018
good place to work. Company was good but branch management was sometimes challenging. Overall job was good except for a lot of driving. Very large organization. Pay was average
Too many chiefs.. bully managers... disorganized at best
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 June 2018
Hired as fulltime.. barely got enough hours daily.. had to fight for appropriate schedualing for med administration... low wages.. dishonest about mileage policy... seems the company is more out for $$ than client and family satisfaction.. great opportunity for skill advancement.. but they will more often than not leave u to fend for yourself if it’s a new skill... unless u ask for help.. or they take it off your list and you don’t get paid for it...
Pros
Great for skills
Cons
Poor work life balance, disorganized, poor pay
Good job
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON2 June 2018
If your pt hours are always there. Don’t take ft as your hours will get cut. Don’t expect your manager to do much of anything. Many times my manager wouldn’t get back to me with a concern I had regarding my clients or my coworkers.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Driving ur own car around
Fun, productive, and endless opportunities
Human Resources Student (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON31 May 2018
SE is a great place to work at, the work environment is friendly and and the management is supportive and provide very helpful feedback and tips to improve.

As an intern/student I feel very fortunate to be working along side an extremely professional and talented team. I'm learning new things everyday and feedback/help is there whenever I need.

The workplace culture is super friendly and helpful as well, I felt very welcomed and got answers for any questions I had.

The most enjoyable part about of the job is coming in to work to a new challenge every time. There is never a dull moment, and getting over the challenge is very rewarding.

The hardest part for me is definitely the commute, the office is in Markham and I come from Toronto Area. All in all takes about an hour and a half (1.5) to get to work.

I highly recommend Saint Elizabeth for anyone who is serious about HR,is looking to learn from the best, and wants to expand their professional network to open up new doors and growth opportunities.
Pros
I have a super cool/fun director.
Cons
commute
Great work experience
Community/Clinic Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON29 May 2018
Saint Elizabeth offers a great opportunity to solidify your nursing skills, especially as a new graduate. Fast paced work environment, great for a family life.
People are good to work with.
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON22 May 2018
Work place is great, admin supervisor is amazing. But we are under paid for the work load. We have benefits and always changing and evolving. We are s growing company .
Great place to work very nice
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 May 2018
great place to work everyone on management is very helpful. Not enough hours VS gas consumption. Home care is very much needed in Windsor as the waiting lists for LTC are very long
Pros
paid meetings, management, training
Cons
long drives, gas waste, hours cutting
Great and comfortable
RPN- Full-Time (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON4 May 2018
the staff and nurses at saint Elizabeth are great people. I learned many skills and strengthened alot of skills by working with this company. Everyone is approachable and willing to help you out when you arent sure about something.
fast paced office with reoccurring issues. No career advancement
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 May 2018
Typical day consists of a high volume of calls, sometimes greatly uneven. Work place culture is very reactive and not proactive to issues. Long term solutions are rarely carried out and a high employee turnover.
Pros
warm staff
Cons
no career advancement
Avoid this company
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 May 2018
Pay sucks
Management is horrible
Will give you 30hrs to start and drop your hours to 3 hours day and work 12-16hrs week.

Want you ti work with sometimes 2 hour gap between clients and also too far to drive to your home.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Pay, benefits only if u work 22 hrs week
Some issues great clients and coworkers
Psw (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON30 April 2018
I have learnt a lot from working for saint Elizabeth and about homecare in general since my background is in LTC. However if I didn't have a 2nd job in LTC I don't think I would be able to make a decent living working for SE. They are very flexible with my schedule and I like not having to deal with management although when you do need them their response time is typically slow. The clients are wonderful and I have met and worked with a lot of great frontline staff. The rate of compensation however is poor and the amount of appreciation received from management is nil. I feel like this could be any homecare company as nothing really stands out. Travel time is also not given and compensation for travel is insufficient.
Pros
Flexibility, clients, coworkers
Cons
Poor compensation, poor communication, inadequate travel time
Not treated with respect
Personal Support Worker (Homecare) (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON25 April 2018
The only time you are treated well is when they want something. When you ask a simple question from the office you have to know you will wait at least a week and the general response from the coordinator is "ok"
Good people to work with, advancement opportunities not great
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON24 April 2018
Saint Elizabeth is a great place to start a career or join for a particular career move and then move on.
There are employees who are long standing however not happy about their advancement opportunities and succession planning.
Positions tend to be static.
The organization does try to be progressive with work culture and key employment trends.
On an everyday basis the people are great to work with. Typical office space environment.
Pros
team-based
Cons
not many advancement and recognition opportunities
rewarding job.
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON2 April 2018
good company, good staff, an awesome clients. only reason i left was medical issues on my end. supervisors were all very understanding and respectful.
great place
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON1 April 2018
you work hard, good to work for a catholic agency. the people are nice. i wash my hands more because of them! i appreciate their values and they trust their staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Saint Elizabeth Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.