Saint-Gobain Employee Reviews

Found 16 reviews matching the search See all 2,304 reviews
J aime mon metier.
Responsable materiel roulant (Current Employee) –  Toumouse30 September 2018
J aime mon metier, mais la culture de l entreprise evolue mais pas dans le bon sens.
Chippewa plant hoping for new reasonable manager
Former employee furnace assist (Former Employee) –  Chippewa, ON30 August 2018
The employees all are hoping for a new manager to come and pick up the moral aswell as listen to employees that mention quality issues but get looked at or treated like your an idiot and he knows it all. If he really used Lean six sigma he would see that the employee is the greatest asset to exicute it as they are the closest to the product and have many great ideas why not utilize it. We all put pants on one leg at a time. Were human too.
Pros
Employees get along well
Cons
Management needs reboot
Horrible place to work
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON20 June 2018
The manager of the Niagara Falls site has created a very toxic environment. Lots of turn over because of it. Work conditions are unsafe and extremely dirty. There is no support for new people and manager always look for what you do wrong. General Manager has been through several production mangers because no one will work for him because of his rude and autocratic manner. TOXIC place to work.
Pros
Cons
General Manager
6 production Managers in 2 years
Former supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 June 2018
6 production managers since the “Plant Manager” took over. Either they get fired or they quit because of the toxic environment and lack of stability

13 hour days and no life. Always the workers fault and the operations.

6 supervisors let go or wuit in same tine period.

Certainteed is a great place but not the Winnipeg Plant

Ask around the community and everyone knows the toxic environment
Pros
Salary
Cons
Long hours, Blame game
Great Company
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Midland, ON7 March 2018
I just feel it's only a matter of time before they relocate to Mexico, and some of the best people I've ever had the chance to work with.
I'm not getting any younger, it would be tougher to find a company when I am in my 50's
Ok
Assistant Commercial K par K (Former Employee) –  Paris 11 Ledru-Rollin11 January 2018
Ok groupe très bien structuré très bonne école de vente
laid back good pay
Maker-Utility (Current Employee) –  Plattsville, ON7 September 2017
laid back good pay
hot temperatures
good crews
lots of overtime if wanted
days of during week
three day weekends every other weekend
paid breaks
good supervisior
Pros
great pay
Cons
long days and nights
Very Well Organized
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Dbayeh, Lebanon10 July 2017
i enjoyed working for Saint-Gobain ME Holding,and the way we highlight on the cultural part, the e.learning program helped me to get additional important knowledge.the work environment was awesome, very nice interaction between employees.
Draining Monotony
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Midland, ON3 June 2017
On a typical day you go to work and learn about stuff and management is stuff. You know? And there's this workplace culture that is weird and there were hard things and not a lot of enjoyable things.
good place to work until now the company is moving to mexico Mar. 31
Labourer/Operator (Current Employee) –  Plattsville, ON4 February 2017
a good place to work as i have had 36 years experience working there with alot of jobs done over the years great pay and benefits good people
Pros
summer picnics t shirts coats
Productive Company
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Plattsville, ON16 October 2015
Co- workers have a good positive attitude. Needs new management. excellent HR. looks out for the employees. Not a clean environment
Great Company, great job, great people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 March 2015
Job consisted of working one on one with customers and sales rep throughout the eastern sea board. Dealt with sales reps to ensure customer satisfaction and with customers directly to fill their orders and needs. Learned how to work in a fast paced environment, meeting customer demands and concerns. Learned how to work in a team environment, helping and assisting team members to achieve customer satisfaction. The hardest part of my job was learning the individual needs of specific geographies and the customers dialects and slangs. The most enjoyable was definitely the people. It was a great place to work and an easy, friendly environment were everyone got along and worked together.
Pros
The peple
Cons
They moved to Texas
It was a good experience working in Saint Gobin a worldwide leader in the sustainable habitat and construction with operations in 64 countries.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga26 January 2015
Just after my joining the Saint Gobin my boss was out of office for a week and I had to submit some important reports to senior management, at the same time there was some problem with the system, somehow I was able to manage the situation.

At Saint Gobain I learned many valuable skills which will be helpful in my profession.

The management style at Saint Gobain was informal and very friendly. Manager used to consult widely when a decision was called for and expect input from all concerned parties. The final decision remained, however, firmly with the manager and quick decision-making was respected by all.

My co-workers were very much cooperative.

The hardest part of the job was when my boss was constantly dropping work into my already overflowing "INBOX".
Auto part assembler and packaging (Former Employee) –  brampton20 August 2014
i like this job.this job management is very good.there is nothing hard.most enjoyable part is there all worker help each other.
Pros
no there no free louches
Cons
this is 12 hour shift
French out of country management
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Plattsville Ontario13 March 2013
Confusing direction from Paris on what was required to move forward
Extremely large company with connection into all materials related to the building industry.
Pros
provide excellent training opportunities
Cons
confusing management