Saint-Gobain

Saint-Gobain Employee Reviews

Canada22 reviews
Productive workplace
You can learn a lot if you are learning driven person. This company is huge, many different persons, different managements styles. It can be very stressful. What I don't like is that some people are expecting that you should stay after hours even if there is no special need.
environnements agreable
un groupe multinational leader mondial au exploitation du gypse et production du plâtre. notre géologues spécialise au utilisation des explosifs industriel
It’s okay
The job paid well and coworker were really great to work with

Job was Mindless and repetitive work

It’s Union but not the best

Management team doesn’t really care about the employees
pas tres motivant mais securitaire
peu de challenge, peu de technologies, management absent.
emploi sécuritaire
Geat and Dynamic Company
our days is usually loaded because of the business activity in the region and deadlines we need to meet.

during my work with SG, I have learned a lot related to people development and strategic thinking.

our management is close to all employees and operate with an open door policy, it is easy to access them whenever it is needed ( for personal matters and work related matters)

the company has set principles related to action and conduct that all employees respect, which creates a better workplace and positive environment despite the workload that we suffer from.

the hardest part in the job is when we have to separate with talents with regards to a drop in the business and we couldn't find a suitable job within the group

the most enjoyable part about my job is the openness and the empowerment given by the company management
Pros
gatherings and wrokshops, Trust Empowerment & Collaboration
Cons
working in factories & remote areas which require long distance drive
Large Corporation
The company paid for training, expenses to visit customers, suppliers, etc.

I worked with great people.

Too bad they closed down their manufacturing facility in Hamilton.
Pros
Great people.
Cons
No longer there.
great place
A great place to work. The staff and management are great. The company offers a yearly bonus. BBQ's every long weekend. Too many pluses. I worked at the Midland Ontario plant
J aime mon metier.
J aime mon metier, mais la culture de l entreprise evolue mais pas dans le bon sens.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Saint-Gobain?
Chippewa plant hoping for new reasonable manager
The employees all are hoping for a new manager to come and pick up the moral aswell as listen to employees that mention quality issues but get looked at or treated like your an idiot and he knows it all. If he really used Lean six sigma he would see that the employee is the greatest asset to exicute it as they are the closest to the product and have many great ideas why not utilize it. We all put pants on one leg at a time. Were human too.
Pros
Employees get along well
Cons
Management needs reboot
Horrible place to work
The manager of the Niagara Falls site has created a very toxic environment. Lots of turn over because of it. Work conditions are unsafe and extremely dirty. There is no support for new people and manager always look for what you do wrong. General Manager has been through several production mangers because no one will work for him because of his rude and autocratic manner. TOXIC place to work.
Pros
Cons
General Manager
6 production Managers in 2 years
6 production managers since the “Plant Manager” took over. Either they get fired or they quit because of the toxic environment and lack of stability

13 hour days and no life. Always the workers fault and the operations.

6 supervisors let go or wuit in same tine period.

Certainteed is a great place but not the Winnipeg Plant

Ask around the community and everyone knows the toxic environment
Pros
Salary
Cons
Long hours, Blame game
Great Company
I just feel it's only a matter of time before they relocate to Mexico, and some of the best people I've ever had the chance to work with.
I'm not getting any younger, it would be tougher to find a company when I am in my 50's
Ok
Ok groupe très bien structuré très bonne école de vente
laid back good pay
laid back good pay
hot temperatures

good crews

lots of overtime if wanted

days of during week

three day weekends every other weekend

paid breaks

good supervisior
Pros
great pay
Cons
long days and nights
Very Well Organized
i enjoyed working for Saint-Gobain ME Holding,and the way we highlight on the cultural part, the e.learning program helped me to get additional important knowledge.the work environment was awesome, very nice interaction between employees.
Draining Monotony
On a typical day you go to work and learn about stuff and management is stuff. You know? And there's this workplace culture that is weird and there were hard things and not a lot of enjoyable things.
good place to work until now the company is moving to mexico Mar. 31
a good place to work as i have had 36 years experience working there with alot of jobs done over the years great pay and benefits good people
Pros
summer picnics t shirts coats
Productive Company
Co- workers have a good positive attitude. Needs new management. excellent HR. looks out for the employees. Not a clean environment
Great Company, great job, great people
Job consisted of working one on one with customers and sales rep throughout the eastern sea board. Dealt with sales reps to ensure customer satisfaction and with customers directly to fill their orders and needs. Learned how to work in a fast paced environment, meeting customer demands and concerns. Learned how to work in a team environment, helping and assisting team members to achieve customer satisfaction. The hardest part of my job was learning the individual needs of specific geographies and the customers dialects and slangs. The most enjoyable was definitely the people. It was a great place to work and an easy, friendly environment were everyone got along and worked together.
Pros
The peple
Cons
They moved to Texas
It was a good experience working in Saint Gobin a worldwide leader in the sustainable habitat and construction with operations in 64 countries.
Just after my joining the Saint Gobin my boss was out of office for a week and I had to submit some important reports to senior management, at the same time there was some problem with the system, somehow I was able to manage the situation.

At Saint Gobain I learned many valuable skills which will be helpful in my profession.

The management style at Saint Gobain was informal and very friendly. Manager used to consult widely when a decision was called for and expect input from all concerned parties. The final decision remained, however, firmly with the manager and quick decision-making was respected by all.

My co-workers were very much cooperative.

The hardest part of the job was when my boss was constantly dropping work into my already overflowing "INBOX".
i like this job.this job management is very good.there is nothing hard.most enjoyable part is there all worker help each other.
Pros
no there no free louches
Cons
this is 12 hour shift