Safeway Employee Review

A typical and safe workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 November 2013
customers are generally nice and kind. There is an open door policy with the management system. co-workers are fun to deal with. the most enjoyable part is when i received perks like free starbucks drinks when i collect many donations from the customers. Not really hard to work in safeway because they only allow me few hours in a week.
Pros
Fast-paced kind of job
Cons
Short hours of work.

Other Safeway Employee Reviews

Not bad for a student job.
GAS BAR ATTENDANT/COURTESY CLERK (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON26 May 2018
While good for a student job, it can be occasionally stressful, because of lack of staff. Likewise, raises are earned by spending more time there, and then it's very little. PICs only make an extra dollar as compared to minimum wage staff, so there is very little incentive to do better, or increase responsibilities.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Occasionally disorganized
a very productive learning experiance
Fort Saskatchewan - Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB26 May 2018
it was a very nice place to work. All my employees were very nice to me and they were happy if I did the best that I could. They had to let me go for unknown reasons.
Pros
nice break-room
Cons
no training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Safeway. Our community is ready to answer.

52.3K