Safeway Employee Review

enjoying walking to the store
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Amman5 September 2013
It was nice opportunity working there .The store opens 24 hours
I usually gone by bus at 8:00 am and went back home at 4:00pm
There ,I learned how can I deal with different kinds of people ,help people by answering their questions ,my co-workers were very nice people ,they used to support me if I had any difficulties
Actually I could not find any hardness with this job
,and the most enjoyable part of this job was the location of the store
it was about 10 minutes walking
Pros
discounts and offers for us
Cons
walking under the rain

Other Safeway Employee Reviews

Enjoyable environment
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 May 2018
The job requirement were very enough to allow me to develop many new skills with respected food services. For example, one day I could be making pizza and the next day I could be serving a variety of meat and cheese to the customers.
Pros
Offered benefit packages and Union support
Cons
Limited work hours available
Was very understaffed, was given very little respect due to my age.
Bakery Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 May 2018
I have heard about good safeways that people like working in, but the store I was at was not one of those. The District manager did not authorize our department to transfer in more staff to help, but tripled our workload. We could not keep any new staff because the workload was too intense for anyone who got hired, and it also took a toll on all of the current workers in my department. The branch and department managers requested to promote me to help with the under-staffing issues, but it was denied by upper management because I was only 21 at the time. They try their best to not give anyone sick pay, and the stress was so intense it caused many of my coworkers to have mental breakdowns, anxiety attacks, and develop stress disorders. After I quit (to save my own mental health) I had to take a year off work for therapy and healing. I have heard from some of my former coworkers that the location I worked at still has not improved.
Pros
Great teamwork and in-store management, amazing customer service
Cons
Terrible work compensation, stressful environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Safeway. Our community is ready to answer.

52.3K