Safeway Employee Reviews for Deli Associate

Found 133 reviews matching the search See all 10,529 reviews
Normal Retail
Deli Clerk/Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK30 November 2018
About what you'd expect from a retail outfit. Somewhat the attitude of asking for the moon but giving you a bucket to get there. People are good, upper management is out of touch.
Ok work place
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON8 November 2018
The environment was good but the scheduling was bad and management was slightly lacking, Booking time off was difficult and management did not have a contact unless they where at work
Pros
Friendly Environment
Cons
Bad Scheduling
Work schedule very flexible
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK29 October 2018
I've learned many things at the deli such as learning how to cook, bake and providing customers of what they need in the deli. They are very professional when it comes to job management; they will take care of you and you're schedule
safeway
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB21 October 2018
did not like walmart as it was not a god learing experenice I only worked 2 a week and did not have fun but it did teach me to be fast and to be friendly
Pros
good money
Cons
bad employes
Great working environement
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 October 2018
I worked in the deli in which I learned how to prepare food and interact with costumers. The workplace environment was very welcoming, I got along very well with my coworkers.
deli clerk
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB11 October 2018
this is a wonderful place to work; my co workers were very nice and helpful. you are always busy and when u are not you can usually find something to do like cleaning up different areas of the deli
Very stressful
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atascadero, CA14 August 2018
On my first day of work, I did an 8 hour shift which was no big deal, but I wasn't trained by my manager on how to do my job. Continuing with the job I wasn't trained on how to do any of the tasks asked of me and I had to guess and use common knowledge on how to do my jobs, such as: Cooking, cleaning, organizing food groups, ect.
Pros
Very productive
Cons
Early mornings that I asked to not be shifted for, not trained properly, hard environment to work in
Staff are very friendly
Deli Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 August 2018
Good Part-time job for students. There are many hours to go around and the stores are open early to late. There is always availability during holidays.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Long days standing on your feet
Fun employees to work with
(Deli clerk) Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Quesnel, BC28 June 2018
Id say its a good place to work, but the Management is very poor on how they deal with there employees. Very rude and not knowing how to approach someone.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
poor management
Enjoyable environment
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 May 2018
The job requirement were very enough to allow me to develop many new skills with respected food services. For example, one day I could be making pizza and the next day I could be serving a variety of meat and cheese to the customers.
Pros
Offered benefit packages and Union support
Cons
Limited work hours available
good company
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB25 April 2018
good environment, lots of room to advance and learn, excellent training, great management team, great team members and customer relations, good hours and benefits
Department heads were great but management sucks
Deli Worker (Former Employee) –  100 Mile House, BC23 April 2018
Needed emergency family days for personal matters and lack of daycare and was denied. But because I was already in the union they couldn't fire me .. Did not I form me of this and treated me unfairly until I quit. Also, the store manager never consulted with my department head to even see if the time off was possible. And would not allow me to speak to my department head.
Pros
Weekly paycheques
Cons
Poor communication
Productive Environment
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 April 2018
Typical day of work includes serving customers without a break but it doesn't happen often.

The things that I learned working there were how to work in a team.

Working in a team I got to know more about the person I am working with.
Generic Deli Job
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK10 April 2018
The job was pretty relaxed most of the time; although the management and co-workers pushed me to work harder and faster even though I was meeting all the deadlines.

The hardest part of the job was cleaning a few certain areas the were pretty much impossible to clean.

The most enjoyable part of the job was customer interaction. I enjoyed seeing all the new faces, and became familiar with the returning customers. I would memorize their usual order and would always chit chat a bit to build a bond.
Pros
Half hour paid break
Close to home
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Stony Plain, AB4 April 2018
Management choses favourites, too afraid to call in sick, coworkers are nice and make work enjoyable, we all agree something in management needs to change.v
Pros
good pay
Cons
managment
Good job
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Vernon, BC30 March 2018
Under new management things have been changing for the better for employees, flexible schedules, never miss out on breaks, union-very secure, staff is very friendly to new comers and management is very helpful in any situation, training is short and sweet and additional help is given whenever needed. Very welcoming space and it’s fun to be there once you’ve found your footing
Pros
Seinority based
Cons
Seinority based
It was an okay job
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Canmore, AB29 March 2018
The Social and International Development field of practice focuses on the social, cultural, environmental and economic conditions and developments that affect the well-being of people in Canada and internationally. In addition to problem analysis, we focus on interventions at the community, national and international levels: the work of social planning departments, community agencies, non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and international interventions at the level of the United Nations and NGOs working internationally. The curriculum is built around the concept of social justice, reflected in national and international texts, with particular attention to contemporary issues of interest to social work practitioners, including but not limited to: immigration and refugees; the struggle for human rights and community development; the struggles of Indigenous people; the social implications of climate change, poverty and globalization; the work of truth and reconciliation commissions.
very friendly ambience
DELI CLERK (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 March 2018
I learned how to work in a professional environment, how to treat customers in a friendly manner and solving their every query. Every employee treat each other in pleasant way.
productive and co-operate workplace.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC20 February 2018
it was the nice experience with them.
if I will get a chance to work with them again.
I would love to join them.
nice and co-operating staff and other employees.
thank you.
Overall good workplace
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 February 2018
Very multicultural. With only a handful of employees in the deli department, it gets very busy most of the time. I definitely improved my english speaking with a lot of different customers.
Benefits
Cons
non-flexible schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Safeway. Our community is ready to answer.

52.5K