The store I work at in the Lower Mainland is open from 7am-11pm every day which means we have cashiers on staff from 6:45-11:15 every day. Our bakery staff and anyone wishing to work in the cash office can start as early as 5am, as do some grocery and produce positions, and we have night crew working some nights whenever the store is closed to the public.
During the summer I get tons of hours, around 75+ over the course of 2 weeks, and they are mostly 8.5 hour shifts (with a unpaid 30min lunch break), but there are times I wish I had less hours. Also as a high school student during the school year i usually get around 3 shifts a week all closing (4:15-10:15) and I'm lucky if j get one on the weekend
Yeah right, you are lucky to get 10 a week and because they only hire part time (you get bumped up to full time if you are lucky) the union cant do squat about it
Minimum 15 hours a week, although they can still give you 0 hours for some unknown reason.
5pm to 11pm
The store opens at 7am and closes at 11pm. Unless you are night shift, you could be working anytime in there.
7:30 - 11:00 (depending on department)
They were morning hours. with 8 hour shifts or 5 hour
It was a 6 hour shift
- If you were to leave Safeway, what would be the reason?31 people answered
- Why did you leave your job at Safeway?18 people answered
- Is it true that your unionized?17 people answered
- What would you suggest Safeway management do to prevent others from leaving?12 people answered
- What should you wear to an interview at Safeway?12 people answered
- What questions did they ask during your interview at Safeway?9 people answered
- About their working hour8 people answered
- What is the most stressful part about working at Safeway?7 people answered
- How would you describe the pace of work at Safeway?7 people answered
- If you work in a Safeway store in the USA, would you be able to transfer internationally? For exampl…7 people answered