Horrible management and because of multiple supervisors that just bring down their employees moods and self-worth. They don’t care about anyone but themselves.
Very toxic employees, and some management get their kicks by bullying employees...sad...
I left Safeway due to bullying and harassment from other Safeway employees. My management and union and HR person would do nothing to change it or stop it. They did not seem to care that it was happening, instead they just turned and looked the other way and suggested that I change my hours of work from full-time to part-time. Our training and hiring person said that she did not want to get involved because she would be retiring in a few years. I gave Safeway 26 years of employment.
I think it would be because of the toxic employees I have to work with. It would be difficult going through ome shift without being criticized and doing something
I left Safeway cause I felt trapped like a butterfly in a glass jar and wasn't going anywhere w/helping out in the Bakery-Produce departments which I enjoyed and being told I would be a checker in the future even w/my basic computer/ math skills I wasn't given a chance to use them ☹️
Maybe better job or wages eleswhere
Yes union does nothing and almost everyone is a snob. Given few hours when I started. And they cut everyone's hours. Seemed pointless to drive across town for 10 hours a week. Get it together Safeway
Useless union and poor company
How about winning the lotto.that would be a good reason for me.
- Why did you leave your job at Safeway?18 people answered
- Is it true that your unionized?17 people answered
- What are the working hours at Safeway?15 people answered
- What would you suggest Safeway management do to prevent others from leaving?12 people answered
- What should you wear to an interview at Safeway?12 people answered
- What questions did they ask during your interview at Safeway?9 people answered
- About their working hour8 people answered
- What is the most stressful part about working at Safeway?7 people answered
- How would you describe the pace of work at Safeway?7 people answered
- If you work in a Safeway store in the USA, would you be able to transfer internationally? For exampl…7 people answered