Safety Net Security

Safety Net Security Employee Reviews

Canada42 reviews

hourpaycompanymanagementpeopleworkingjobtime

Not a bad place to work

The job is not too difficult most times. And most locations are friendly locations. With plenty of helpful people around if needed. And they are helpful if transportation is needed if unable to access area without transportation.

Excellent leadership for an industrial environment the supervisors make up for the lack of benefits offered

The supervisors of safety net are dedicated to their staff well educated and set the standards for what team support and customer care is all about. They have a great balance for meeting the customers needs while respecting and meeting the health and safety of their own employees. I truly learned a lot about the trade

Pros

Excellent on the job trng

Cons

Pay is standard

Insights into Safety Net Security

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks

Working in an environment that is rewarding working and meeting all the residents and their families.

Being able to do what you were trained to do, and told you are not permitted to do so, from working within a facility where I was able to do more to where you are limited to just being just a security guard ( a body) for the purpose of show.

Pros

Working with people

Cons

Not enough salary or benefits which would encourage staff to stay.

Unsafe

When the maximum capacity for covid 19 is almost three times that where we eat. It ain't good. I worked for two and a half weeks and instead of them calling us back to feel more shifts that they had with an extension. They just hired new workers instead which was unheard of by me before. I felt like it was a total slap in the face

Great job, nice place to work

Great position and place to work. If you are a reasonable person, a good worker, you are able to communicate/ collaborate and work well with others in a team environment.. this job will be a fit for you. People expect way too much these days from entry level positions like this, they are expecting CEO pay, benefits, work accommodations, changes to hours and schedule to fit their own personal life and schedules. Please remember this is an entry level job, that is a great starting point! Many people I previously worked with at this position that likely left negative reviews were very negative, demanding and did not have the ability to communicate properly or cope when they did not get their way. Management is actually great they are very reasonable, understanding and work together with you if you are able to meet them in the middle. People are always quick to put someone or a place down when they do not get their way- that’s unfortunately the world we live in today. I personally really enjoyed my time there, and I would recommend this position to anyone.

Management is ok, quick to Assume the worst.

As a former employee I can say the company was okay to work for most of the time. I found management was quick to assume the worst before talking to the employee about the situation. Some of the clients were nitpickers and complain to the company. So going above and beyond your job is not recommended because you get no credit for it or recognition. If a guard messes up on one site, the management takes the easy way out and disciplines the whole company. Management treats all the guards and sites as one and cracks down on everybody. Credit should be given to the person that did the positive or negative act on duty.

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere

Cons

Management is quick to assume the worst.

Productive and enjoyable

I really enjoyed my time working for Safety net, l was able to gain some excellent gaurd experience and I was able to work with some of the best people in the security guard busines.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Main gate thinks he's boss

You would be send home immediately if you seek first aid at job site. They would be sending you home just saying you are not fit for working. All these actions are taken by the main gate guard not the management. If the main gate guard can send people home, I suggest he can take the interviews too. Just be aware about what you are doing

vessel guard

Protect the workers who work in the container. Safe job as you will be provided with enough equipments to be safe when working close to the tunnel. Will recommend this job.

Not good at all

Idiots who use immigrants to mouth off. They have sell outs who will treat workers ignorant until they get mad. Cowards really.rude and entitled across the board. If you ask for something they will give you the opposite.

Kevin Vallee

Great people to work with. A company that trains and assists one in making the job site a safe place to work. Information on site conditions daily with information on night before. Responsible for personnel, equipment, and safety.

Good company to start a Security Career at

Good start for a new guard looking for work. They are flexible with your schedule and have nice uniforms that are warm in our Canadian winter. Give them a try!

Nice People, Relaxed Environment

- Post construction cleaning of medium and large scale commercial projects - Team based - Strict control standards - Tight deadlines Management was supportive and very accommodating schedule wise

Working for a living

Working with other contractors, long hours, above minimum wage, bonus every 3 monthes if on perfect attendance, job security unsure, require to complete safety sheets every day

Not a great place

The pay is great for the job you do but the work environment is terrible. Hours change constantly and is impossible to have a work life balance. constant turnover.

Pros

nothing

Cons

everything

Chaotic and over worked

there was no scheduling and supervisors lacked any leadership. The weather also made it an uncomfortable job, there was also favoritism among the staff.

Pros

lots of hours

Cons

weather

Disorganized and lack of communication with management

I have only been with this company a short period... I still have no uniform other then a jacket, hat, touqe and paints. Going forward they book me for a shift but don’t notify me... randomly mobile calls me ask why I’m not on site?!? “ I was not aware of the shift” I tell him he’s like well can you come in? I say “Maybe I’ll have to try to make arrangements for my daughter to get home if I can find someone to pick her up I’ll come in” When I call back cause everyone I know was working and I couldn’t get my daughter a ride he says “so you can’t come in!” Not his fault, it was the fault of the office they need to work on communication. Make you pay $50.00 off each cheque for a uniform they can’t provide equaling $200.00.

Pros

Nice co-workers.

Cons

Unorganized, poor communication, lack in job resources ie: uniform shirts.

Anyone can get hired which is good. Terrible though

The company is a joke. The management is terrible. The supervisors are not trained and dont do proper training. The supervisors on site give out positions like team lead which is just a way for them to get other people to do their job. Only overtime after 13 hours of work in a day because we get "paid" breaks. As a skip operator u stand out in the cold for hours and hours and no one cares about your overall health or saftey.

Pros

Always in need of people

Security Patrol

worked for this company from 2015 to 2017 with a few breaks to explore other work opportunities, low pay and unstable hours led me to leave my employment with this company.

Enjoyable ! I see lots of negative comments on the management but some of the managers are awesome- you all just need to start being positive. Great job to start at.

Safety Net Security

A very culturally diverse work environment. Most people are very friendly and hard working. A very time demanding job. Lots of work to be had. Very good place to start.

Pros

friendly staff

Cons

slow on the pay raise side

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Safety Net Security. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement