Safety Coordination Services

Safety Coordination Services Employee Reviews

Canada5 reviews

If you put in the work, you can go places here. Management will invest in you if you show drive and dedication.

I have had a great experience working with SCS. Fair and fun, but you have to want to work. This isnt a job where you work to just make money, you need to have passion. Old school in a sense with a lot of things but willing to grow and help its staff succeed.

It was learning experience

High turnover of staff. Management too concerned with the bottom line. Not the friendliest environment to work in. Some of the staff have been there for a very long time. This puts a barrier as to what your opportunities for advancement really are. The owner is very finance oriented and seems to consider the students undertaking the courses as chattels rather than people so as a result, he tries to push through as many students as possible, without giving them the needed quality teaching time.

Pros

Good health benefits

Cons

Long instruction hours

Insights into Safety Coordination Services

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals

typical office receptionist

SCS was a welcoming family company. They took me in and before I ever started in heavy equipment I had learned many things about the industry and their safety protocol. The management was helpful, busy but would take the time to instruct and teach skills I hadn't brought with me. The hardest part was the amount of work I was expected to accomplish was more than one person could handle. They should have had a second person even part time to do some of the things they expected. The best part was the people and getting to know some of the ins and outs of the construction world.

Pros

decent pay, regular schedule

Cons

over worked

Great Staff

Great staff. I do love the learning process and have had the opportunity to work under experienced managers. I have been exposed to many different types of environments to ply the safety trade. I've been trusted to do inspections in different environments and I am always challenged to learn.

Pros

Great experience

Cons

Slow at times

Great working atmosphere

Good company to work with. Paid to receive train the trainer courses.

Pros

Support staff

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Safety Coordination Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement