Safety-Kleen

Safety-Kleen Employee Reviews

Canada33 reviews
Disappointed with the management. They were not supportive when my personal life fell apart and I was fired. Way to much emphasis is put on the clock which takes away from customers needs
Poor management, clique-y. Terrible communication between management and employees, management talks but doesn't listen or support their employees. No regard for employee well-being, beyond keeping a clean safety record. Good pay and benefits but not worth the never-ending stress.
Branch management team extremely disengaged from sales, it is very difficult to navigate the system, as it currently is. The sales people, unfortunately are engaged in unproductive activities do to the the lack of commitment the branch management have towards the sales division.
Stressful over last 4-5 years with take over by competitor and mandated staff cut backs. Many departments have been eliminated and responsibility for this handed over to other employees without increase in compensation.
Compensation was mediocre. Managers are all friends/family. Vice President of the Customer Service department hired his best friends wife to be a manager, his neighbour as a CSR, his sons friends as CSRs, and others to work under him directly. This made for an incredibly difficult environment to advance at any given time. When issues arose with harassment or discrimination management would look for ways or create their own situations to belittle, discriminate, and brush off any uncomfortable situation for the. They hire their friends, they step on those who they have personal concerns with, and the professionalism is virtually nonexistent. I thank them for the opportunity for employment and the valuable lesson learned. I would never recommend Safety Kleen as an employer.
A very good company to work for. Excellent pay and benefits, bonuses are very good for those who want to work hard. Flexible work environment. Staff and management are good. Equipment is decent, possibly the only drawback to the job as some trucks are a little older. Dedicated routes and customers make this a good place to work, as you can plan your week in advance most of the time.Work/life balance is very good. Overall, I enjoyed my time at Safety Kleen and would recommend them to anyone.
Shift work in ft Mac, 16 on 12 off, flights n camp paid, won’t get rich but 12 days of is pretty sweet
Pros
Shift
Cons
Pay rate
Hard work but fun positive environment. New management did a lot of changes including upgrading negative/disgruntled employees. Looks like it ś working , we have tons of new customers. Lots of good things happening, new line of business, new trucks and facilities improvement .
Pros
hard work is rewarded $$, great teamwork environment
Cons
overkill on safety and trainning
Management tries to make it a good place to work but their promises never come true.. Basically they lie and have no remorse!!

Lab Training is terrible! Not a place you want to stay for long..It has became ' Learning Institute" People start their career, take few months/ year of experience and move somewhere else.

My wage went up by $0.85 over five years, so this is probably what you should expect.
Pros
Good co-worker
Cons
Major disconnect between management and employees- Everyone hates management(Front office) people!
Maybe it was just the year of my internship, but many people (managers) were fired and lots of workers in the field resigned. Beware of Shutdown. Great young manager! Paid overtime. Overall, fun learning experience. Mostly everyone is happy to take the coop under their wing and teach them what they know.
Pros
Paid overtime; Occasional free food
Cons
Asphalt Odour pops up every now and then.
good training ground for sales and operation. self motivation and leadership abilities. lots of planning and health and safety. knowledge of environmental industries
Management is in bed with contractors leaving its employees fighting for work while the highly paid contractors have lots of work. They promise raises but never deliver on their promises. A typical day involves a daily condescending conversation with an engineer. Safety is only important here when there is time otherwise management pressures you into doing work outside of procedures and safety guidelines. Fellow employees are great for the most part. My biggest complaint would be that management does not trust us and wont allow us to do our jobs or implement a proper leadership structure to include department foreman and allow its own SK employees to oversee project and earn a better living instead of paying contractors 10 to 20 dollars more per hour.
Pros
Great Co-Workers
Cons
Management, Organizational Structure, Pay, and Lies
pay decently
some good perks

must be careful about receiving proper training

slow moving management and manipulative management .... SO MANY POLITICS
If our looking to work for a company that does not care about integrity, ethics and safety then this is the place for you. Management is horrible and there is no chance for advancement. Long hours, minimal pay, stressful work environment.
Excellent management within local office but unfortunately work on a corporate level is spread throughout North America. Since an acquisition with a US based company, quality of work has suffered.
Pros
Work-life balance
Cons
Corporate structure
Safety-Kleen as a company is a good place to work for. You are doing good by the environment. It does vary depending on witch branch you are located at.
Pros
Unsupervised.
Cons
Can be long hours.
Read gages twice a day (morning and last thing before going home). Empty oil tankers into holding tanks. Fill various sizes of containers for shipping, and for stock.
Safety-Kleen was a great place to work. I had regular tasks but some days I was presented with new challenges. A few job duties included month end closing journal entries, reporting, audit requests, inquiries into certain expenditures from plant managers or management, forecasting, budgeting, Stats Canada surveys, annual permit and membership requests, vendor and customer analysis, etc. The work environment was always a positive one with supportive coworkers and management.
I received good training and clear expectations about my role within the organization and enjoyed the time I spent there. The hours could be long and the climate not always supportive. Very sales driven.
Safety Kleen places roadblocks in every possible aspect of the work place.

Solutions come from the bottom up instead of the top down. Workarounds for existing computer problems are known but never fixed as a cost saving issue. Poor inventory management.
Cons
very long hours. solutions are hard to find.
Safety-Kleen is a fairly decent employer. Very high safety standards which is nice to see in the industry I was in. Typical day for me was a 12 hour shift.