Safestate Securities & Protection Employee Reviews

Not a Good Place to Work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON7 May 2019
I have worked here for 9 months and I'm promised all the time that I will be getting more work but it never comes. I have given the owner several chances to come through but nothing. I need to feed my family and just can not rely on him anymore.
I have not been given any extra training except for being told what to do at a site and what not to do. Basic things anyone would tell a employee. I have been a guard for 5 years and this has to be one of the worst companies I have worked for it has it's good points and a lot of bad points too. More bad than good.
I can only say this company has a lot of growing to do before they are one to stay with. Hopefully things will change for them but in my opinion they need to get a supervisor in there to run the place in a proper order and let the owner get the clients and be hands off things would run much smoother.
Pros
Cons
No Training, No Leadership
No Complaints
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON27 March 2019
Good place to work with decent pay. There are many Toronto and Barrie site locations so if you want to work, there is lots of work. I haven't had any issues.
Pros
lots of work, fair pay wage, respectful
Cons
some site locations far
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON20 March 2019
Great Place to Work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  GTA and Simcoe Areas5 March 2019
I have been with the company for a bit now and sadly just handing in my resignation due to going back to school to finish my degree.
I have nothing but great things to say about Safestate. They've always been kind and flexible with shifts and hours. I have been asked many times to pick up extra shifts which is always helpful to me.

An awesome company to work for and I would recommend working here to anyone who wants to work for good, honest people.
Pros
lots of hours, nice people
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Simcoe and GTA areas5 March 2019
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to work for a company such as yours. The office staff at Safestate have always been very accommodating and friendly. They always worked around my hours and are flexible when I need time off. It's a great company to work for!

I especially enjoyed the open lines of communication and flexibility of the job. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Safestate as an employer as I have experienced nothing but good things while employed by them.
Pros
flexible and many available shifts, nice people to work for
Wish I Knew
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON28 November 2018
I wish I read the reviews on this company before jumping on board with them. A friend of mine told me about this new company one day at school and said it was a good company to work for. He hadn't worked for them very long but I didn't know that.
There is no typical day here it changes all the time usually without notice.
I have done security work for a long time and didn't learn anything here except for how to identify when someone is lying or being deceitful to me. With this company it's usually when the owners are moving their mouths both are not to be trusted.
I don't normally leave reviews but I'm doing this one so hopefully the next person doesn't go down the same road I did.
I worked here only for a short time (6 months). I wanted to at least make enough money so I could pay for the uniform I had to buy. A lot of people quit in the time I was there.
You also have to go into the office to get your pay. A big pain in the butt especially if you live on the other side of the city as I do. You would think that nowadays the company would have direct deposit.
Cons
being lied to, pay, amount of work very spotty
Great Company
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON19 November 2018
I really enjoy working for this company. I've been with them for a few months and they are very flexible and work around my current schedule.

My work is steady and I am offered additional shifts, if I am available.
I would recommend working here. Both owners are kind and professional. I feel comfortable speaking with them if I have issues or need clarification on a matter.
Pros
flexibility, steady work
guard (Former Employee) –  Ontario14 November 2018
Guard (Former Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, Barrie ON30 September 2018
You have been Warned
Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON30 September 2018
This company is all BS. They screw you over for future career opportunities. If you are a good employee, they take advantage of you. If you book off, you always need to provide a doctors note. They also like to hire people without a Security License and have you watch over them meaning if anything happens you are at fault.
Owner talks like he has a good business and better things are coming however I was there over 6 months and absolutely nothing happened. Several people have quit because of all his lies. He now only has 3 employees. He will not be around very much longer I think.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list here

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Safestate Securities & Protection. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9