Safari Niagara Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Stevensville, ON18 August 2019
Management is excellent, very enjoyable place to work. Everyone is very friendly and just trying their best to make the season fun while getting the job done.
keep looking
Operations (Former Employee) –  Stevensville, ON6 May 2019
Not a bad place to work. Unfortunately, the owners don't care about the employees. The pay is very low. They make you pay for your uniforms. Very long hours. Worse part about working there was how the animal caretakers are treated like they are the Gods of the place and they get away with murder. Interesting place to visit, but a terrible place to work.
Pros
employee discount on lunch
Cons
everything else
fun workplace
operations, food and beverage (Former Employee) –  Stevensville, ON21 January 2019
Great first job, with lots of different work areas and chances of learning. Friendly and helpful coworkers and management. Beautiful place to work. Great for students looking for summer jobs.
Pros
good hours
Cons
hot summer days
Productive, nice people to work with
Attractions supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stevensville, ON23 July 2018
There was always something to be done, although being payed proper amount was always a concern. Owners were very nice and hours were sometimes flexible.
Pros
free summer pass
okay work place
operator (Former Employee) –  stevensville10 March 2018
it’s a fun place to work, the conditions sometimes aren’t always tolerable. management was okay, sometimes didn’t really care about employees. over all the atmosphere was amaz
Positive work place
Operations Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Stevensville, ON20 January 2018
Great place to work. Friendly management with a family atmosphere. Great managers. The hours are great no early mornings or late nights. You can still enjoy your summer.
Pros
Great hours, no late nights or early mornings
Cons
working outdoors in all weather
Great work environment
Food & Beverage, Operations (Former Employee) –  Stevensville, ON17 December 2017
If you're looking for a summer job, this was an amazing place to work, with great people. I learnt a lot of different skills, especially customer service skills.
Pros
Get to meet a lot of amazing people and get to be outside.
Cons
Long hours, with short breaks.
Student
Cashier, Bungee Ride Attendant (Former Employee) –  Stevensville, ON15 November 2017
Face-paced and enjoyable student job. Irregular hours and student wage but had a wonderful team to work with and enjoyed working outside daily. The weather impacted work hours.
Pros
fun
Cons
weather
Great Experience
Junior zoo keeper (Former Employee) –  Stevensville, ON5 May 2017
Working at Safari Niagara was wonderful. Its a lot of hard work and dedication. The animal care manager is easy to approach, extremely helpful and encouraging. Being with animals my entire life I know that there is always more to learn and this zoo is no exception. The animal care staff are wonderful and truly dedicated to their animals, to the zoo itself and to the job. I truly hated leaving this job but sometimes life throws us curve balls. The hardest part of the job for me was dealing with the outdoor elements ( cold, snow ) The most enjoyable part was working with the animals. In a typical day you'd prepare feed, feed and supply fresh water, clean enclosures, tidy up, greet the public.
Pros
Outdoors on nice days, meeting lots of people, working with animals, job well done perks, independence during the day. no one hovering over you
Cons
Minimum wage for the type of work, having to buy your own uniforms and steel toe boots etc.
Good summer job
Ride operator (Former Employee) –  Stevensville, ON21 March 2017
This was a very fun place to work during the summer. My typical day consisted of me going towards my daily assigned ride, and allowing children onto them, and operating said ride.

What I learned from this job is that a zoo is a fantastic summer job.

Management here were all quite friendly and personable, and made a point of knowing each and every employee personally who worked there. They are also quite flexible with their hours, which is quite nice.

The hardest part of the job for me is those periods of time when there were no kids on the rides, as we were not allowed to be on our cellphones, and generally had nothing else to do other than pick up garbage in our immediate area.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to walk around the zoo during our lunch breaks, and view all the different animals.
Pros
It was in a zoo, which is awesome
Cons
It was very hot, and oftentimes with very little shade
Fun and engaging work place
Customer Service, Labouror (Former Employee) –  Stevensville, ON13 March 2017
While working at Safari Niagara they had provided a safe, fun, and engaging work. Management was great and insured that everyone was comfortable with what they were doing.
Great and secure job, only summer part-time work available, bad management
Admissions Attendant and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stevensville, ON8 December 2016
Because it is only a summer park, work is only available during the summer. Due to new management it has gone a little bit downhill.
Fun workplace
Ropes course operator (Former Employee) –  Stevensville, ON26 September 2016
Learned many things
Great staff members to work with
It was very fun to get to spend the summer working outdoors in the beautiful weather, however there wasn't always very much shade provided for the workers
What's better than working at a ZOO?
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Stevensville, ON21 September 2015
I got to manage a food truck while looking at Monkeys out my "office window". I learned so much from the local chef and F & B Manager that is taking the department in a new direction as of 2014. I enjoy the fabulous team he has assembled and enjoyed the shared new experience with my co-workers.
Pros
Fun Environment
Cons
Seasonal
Fun Workplace
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Stevensville, ON31 March 2015
A typical day at Safari Niagara was very busy. From the time we opened at 9:00am til around 1:00p.m, there were constant line ups of parents and children waiting to get in to see the animals. I liked being busy, it made the days better. I worked there with a great group of people. The hardest part of the job was having to work in the heat. The only down side is that it is seasonal.
Great Summer Job
Bungee Operator (Former Employee) –  Stevensville, ON26 November 2014
Working at Safari Niagara was a great opportunity for me & I loved my boss. She was always good to me because I was always on time & did my job excellently. My co-workers were very easy to get along with. Even people at different attractions were nice. It's a great atmosphere.
Cons
Summer Heat
Busy Seasonal work
Seasonal worker (Former Employee) –  Stevensville On4 November 2014
Learned how many people come from all over Niagara- it was a fast paced busy place and learned about customer service.
Pros
Was able to work with animals everyday
Cons
Sometimes customers were difficult
Experience great things and work in a great, safe atmosphere.
Sales Clerk and food handler (Former Employee) –  Stevensville, ON1 April 2014
-Daily duties were always done correctly and if there was a problem management handled it effectively and proactively.
-I learned how to work in a fast paced, busy environment and how to deal with tourism during the busiest time of year.
-My co-workers were friendly and co-operative, they helped each other out and got along excellently and they always made me feel safe
-The hardest part of the job was working in the heat but management allowed many breaks and refreshments to make sure we stayed cool in the summer heat
-The most enjoyable part of the job was working concerts at night and working in the fast paced, loud environment
Pros
great management, safe environment, animals everywhere, great experiences
Cons
Heat, no air conditioning
Setup for Concerts
Stage Technician (Former Employee) –  Stevensville, ON26 February 2014
It was fun to work there every other Friday. I setup for the concerts they put on in the summer.
Very exciting place to work
assistant ranger (Former Employee) –  Stevensville, Ontario6 March 2012
Staff is very friendly and knowledgable.
Good customer service is an asset.
Training and research is required (knowledge of animals)
Alot of walking, keeps you in shape.
Pros
discounts